Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

That reference would actually be bang on if you had any idea! I mean speculating on C Brown being remotely relevant as a top 10 finisher in a B&F is right up there with your best work.

?? That's exactly the point, he isn't relevant to the top 10 and still has a long way to go.

Er... what? That's a very low bow to draw.

You're the 1 suggesting that his failure to make the top 10 in the Copeland has some meaning about what the coaches think of him so maybe find a mirror if you're looking for someone going the long bow.

You're the 1 suggesting that his failure to make the top 10 in the Copeland has some meaning about what the coaches think of him so maybe find a mirror if you're looking for someone going the long bow.

Well it clearly means they don't rate him in the top 10 of players who played most of the season...

Well it clearly means they don't rate him in the top 10 of players who played most of the season...

And just who has suggested anywhere that he's a top 10 player or should have performed at that level? Going into 2019 most punters wouldn't have even had him in their top 25 players on the list. Done a sterling job to garner 24 games for the season and (based on punter projections) has clearly overachieved in 2019.

I’ve read the last two pages and have a couple of questions.

1) What are we actually arguing about?
2) How pivotally important is it to some people to prove strangers on the internet wrong?

I mean all I took from it was a dick-measuring, back and forth about the Copeland voting system with little to no discussion around Brown’s actual performance or value (save for throwaway comments “the coaches really value him” and the counter “la la la no they don’t”.) Please correct me if I’m wrong.

2) How pivotally important is it to some people to prove strangers on the internet wrong?

I mean all I took from it was a dick-measuring, back and forth about the Copeland voting system with little to no discussion around Brown’s actual performance or value (save for throwaway comments “the coaches really value him” and the counter “la la la no they don’t”.) Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I said he had a decent season, not a great one, as evidenced by the best and fairest results and people lost their minds as usual.
And just who has suggested anywhere that he's a top 10 player or should have performed at that level? Going into 2019 most punters wouldn't have even had him in their top 25 players on the list. Done a sterling job to garner 24 games for the season and (based on punter projections) has clearly overachieved in 2019.

No one said he had to finish top 10, it's just an indication that the coaches may of not rated his season as highly as some people think. He showed good development in some games, but overall he had a lot more quiet ones than good ones.

It’s a little deeper than that

I said he had a decent season, not a great one, as evidenced by the best and fairest results and people lost their minds as usual.

No, you added 2+2 and came to some crap conclusion about what that means the coaches think of him.

Played every game but didn't make top 10 in the best and fairest, which strongly suggests the coaches didn't rate his season too much.

No one said he had to finish top 10, it's just an indication that the coaches may of not rated his season as highly as some people think. He showed good development in some games, but overall he had a lot more quiet ones than good ones.
I think he had a good year as a ball getter, tackler and runner. He has confidence in that part of his game. His confidence seems to wain once he has to decide on a target, especially in front of goal. Once he has confidence in his disposal he will be a far better player.
I'm not sure the Copeland meant too much as far as his season was concerned. I wouldn't have expected top 10 as he certainly is not a top 10 player at present. But I think he can be.

He’s coming along nicely, i don’t thinks he’s in our top 10 but he’s not in our bottom 10. I still love our bottom 10, nothing against them, ever!

Actually it was about his actual performance as assessed by AFL DATA Game that stated the discussion to which Kappa then stated:

Played every game but didn't make top 10 in the best and fairest, which strongly suggests the coaches didn't rate his season too much.

Then others including me gave their opinion why Copeland votes doesn't necessarily equate to coaches not having a high opinion of him given the amount of games played. Seems simple to me that if not rated why select him?

Not really measuring anything just giving an opinion.

That is not what you wrote. You wrote he played every game but didn’t make the top 10 in the B&F which suggests the coaches didn’t rate his season too much.

Now based on your posting history I can believe you think this is a positive comment about Brown’s season, but it is not.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I mean all I took from it was a dick-measuring, ...
For a moment there I thought you must have just joined. I search for threads that don't fit your description. Never find one bar the training thread.

Come at me brah, I've beaten pubg a dozen times!

So you're saying Brown's a spud and the coaches don't rate him?

Mods - obvious troll alert. Clearly admits intended outcome is to derail threads.
sr36 - 2 times dog's eye with dead horse, plate of pav to finish. That will sort out this MKR type of rubbish.

I'd love to take the credit, but I was a follower and not a leader. However, I do think the Callum Brown thread has potential, as a lot of nice foods are brown - spaghetti bolognaise, chocolate, caramelised onions - I might see what I can do there.

Yep BF at its best.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back