Player Watch Callum Brown (Delisted 2022)

Remove this Banner Ad

Giant LOLS

Something the AFL probably didnt think of

Surely it doesnt count as a game if you dont come on to the field.

The coach isnt allowed to bring you on just because he wants to (unlike the previous sub rule or interchange/19th20th man in past years) . Callum was conditionally selected... the condition didnt trigger.......hence he didnt play.

Giant LOLS

Something the AFL probably didnt think of

Surely it doesnt count as a game if you dont come on to the field.

The coach isnt allowed to bring you on just because he wants to (unlike the previous sub rule or interchange/19th20th man in past years) . Callum was conditionally selected... the condition didnt trigger.......hence he didnt play.
It does count.
Even if you don't come on it is counted as a game.
Some footy shows were talking about the possibility that a first game player may never enter the playing field.
The rules are that it goes down as a game even if you are not subbed on.

It does count.
Some footy shows were talking about the possibility that a first game player may never enter the playing field.

Yes, but as I said.. this is unique compared to past years because it is conditional.... you arent allowed to come on unless somebody gets injured. I have no qualms with a game being counted even if the coach decides to give a player no minutes.... Damien Monkhorst on debut for example!!! But in this situation its not the coaches choice. Its up to circumstance and the doctors.

So maybe the AFL should review it. Its not a game unless the injury sub actually gets subbed in.

Yes, but as I said.. this is unique compared to past years because it is conditional.... you arent allowed to come on unless somebody gets injured. I have no qualms with a game being counted even if the coach decides to give a player no minutes.... Damien Monkhorst on debut for example!!! But in this situation its not the coaches choice. Its up to circumstance and the doctors.

So maybe the AFL should review it. Its not a game unless the injury sub actually gets subbed in.

Did Damien Monkhorst not get on the ground in his first game? Are you sure?

It does count.

And that pretty much sums up the logic of those in charge of the AFL. Mind boggling.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His official 50th, on the ground haha.

They really shouldn't make it count until the sub is activated.

Imagine pendles playing his 400th as a sub yet not playing

If Grundy doesn't get his mojo back, this could be our way out of that contract - Spread the contract out of 25 years and have him spend the last 20 as the designated sub. The added advantage is that we can guarantee that he'll become the games record holder - it's a win/win, as we never get injuries.

Most underwhelming 50 games I have seen of a Collingwood player in my 51 years of following the Pies Gifted games
Did you miss Jack Frost?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back