Can someone actually tell me what happened during 2016 and that review which got players pissed off?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Possibly. There may have been a line in the sand conversation. Enough is enough, we must change behaviours to improve. Then some home truths follow and maybe some that thought they were exceptional got a different message.
Happens often. Not just the obvious slackers get targeted. Can be a shock.
How do they respond?

Gotta vote in the council elections. I dont know any of the campaigners or what theyre gonna do. I usually go for the one that looks less shifty.

Gus Gould, former Panthers and NSW origin coach and very old school media commentator. Probably would crucify Trent for wanting to carry his baby in his lil' tum tum.

I don't rate everything the guy says as I don't think he would be able to adapt to the current NRL reality, as most of the club players are kiwis, or Islanders and they tend to respond a lot differently.

Gotta vote in the council elections. I dont know any of the campaigners or what theyre gonna do. I usually go for the one that looks less shifty.
All the candidates in my area looked shifty and with violent tendencies. Doubt anything will change other than handing another juicy speed hump contract to Stugots Asphalt.

Felt like I was ranking the capos of La Cosa Nostra.

Gus Gould, former Panthers and NSW origin coach and very old school media commentator. Probably would crucify Trent for wanting to carry his baby in his lil' tum tum.

I don't rate everything the guy says as I don't think he would be able to adapt to the current NRL reality, as most of the club players are kiwis, or Islanders and they tend to respond a lot differently.
He's a flog of the highest order and my league loving mates can't stand him.

All the candidates in my area looked shifty and with violent tendencies. Doubt anything will change other than handing another juicy speed hump contract to Stugots Asphalt.

Felt like I was ranking the capos of La Cosa Nostra.

One candidate knocked on my door. That got him my vote. The ones just stuffing my mailbox with their crap piss me off.

Possibly. There may have been a line in the sand conversation. Enough is enough, we must change behaviours to improve. Then some home truths follow and maybe some that thought they were exceptional got a different message.
Happens often. Not just the obvious slackers get targeted. Can be a shock.
How do they respond?

Yeah I heard Lids wanted the Tim Tams gone from the common room. Wanted them replaced with iced vovos. Leadership group overruled him and casued a massive irreparable fracture. You can't come back from that. Had to go.

Last edited:
Your post sums up why we get accused of mediocrity. I never questioned his endeavour, he's a jet. I question his leadership after nearly 5 years at the helm. Is it coincidence that his best year was when newy was captain? Cotch should be talked about in the same conversations as dangerfield and selwood but he's not.

Also.. Tex walker wasn't even considered in the leadership group under Sanderson, Phil Walsh came in and realised how good he was and made him captain. They've won finals under Tex, we lost 3 in a row and Cotch struggled to get to double digit possessions.

Struggles to lift his team in big games more than cotch ever has.

Struggles to lift his team in big games more than cotch ever has.
True fact, but he gets the all important W for the games they're supposed to take out.

It was more an example that even though reports are that Jack isn't fit to lead (which could be true) it's all a matter of perception of the decision makers, new people come in and have new and better ideas like Walshy did and turned the club on its head in one pre season. Maybe now with the likes of Caddy and Prestia, cotch will have a lot more leadership around him. Not a knock on Brett either but listening to Caddy speak on a few videos now, he speaks well and seems to want to take a leadership role and help the team.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So wasn't this thread about what during the review that pissed Deledio and to a lesser extent Jack off and not Cotchin's leadership?

Anyway putting together the fragments that "The Roar Is Back" has mentioned as well as a few others the leading teams style was not taken well by some senior players Grigg and Ty especially, I would suggest they undermined the process.

I also think Brett, going by what TRIB said about him being a winner and what Brett has said publicly in the past (especially about Lennon not working hard enough), used it as a chance to tell some harsh home truths to some of the younger kids (Hence's MacKenzie's tweet) which also didn't go down well.

This is all speculation on my behalf and not sure about any rift between Dimma, Cotch and Brett. But I do get the impression Brett didn't leave on the best of terms and wanted out no matter what hence why he went to Sydney despite his desire to remain in Victoria.

my understanding is that the leading teams model is predominately based on players and coaches giving honest assesment of each other.
Some didnt take the feedback to well and despite what some on here believ my understanding is the general feedback was the leaders as in cotchin and hardwick received great feedback and were rated highly including by murphy. However , there was some feedback , that all were privy to , those underneath them were attempting to white ant and were disruptive to a team enviroment.
It wasnt just players.

So wasn't this thread about what during the review that pissed Deledio and to a lesser extent Jack off and not Cotchin's leadership?

Anyway putting together the fragments that "The Roar Is Back" has mentioned as well as a few others the leading teams style was not taken well by some senior players Grigg and Ty especially, I would suggest they undermined the process.

I also think Brett, going by what TRIB said about him being a winner and what Brett has said publicly in the past (especially about Lennon not working hard enough), used it as a chance to tell some harsh home truths to some of the younger kids (Hence's MacKenzie's tweet) which also didn't go down well.

This is all speculation on my behalf and not sure about any rift between Dimma, Cotch and Brett. But I do get the impression Brett didn't leave on the best of terms and wanted out no matter what hence why he went to Sydney despite his desire to remain in Victoria.
keep in mind lennon was the one most seen as likely to eventually take Lids spot .

my understanding is that the leading teams model is predominately based on players and coaches giving honest assesment of each other.
Some didnt take the feedback to well and despite what some on here believ my understanding is the general feedback was the leaders as in cotchin and hardwick received great feedback and were rated highly including by murphy. However , there was some feedback , that all were privy to , those underneath them were attempting to white ant and were disruptive to a team enviroment.
It wasnt just players.

Lade? he wasn't very popular among the playing group apparently

actually did what others have been doing..check out his twitter. 'thanks to all those I have had "GREAT RELATIONSHIPS" with during my time...'

really weird

I wonder if Lids and Jack gave some opinions about certain people (Cotch or DH?) under the leading teams format that was dismissed? Could be why the leading teams guy left as well.
my understanding is Jack lead the campaign to work as one or * off.
He got spooked by the media continually telling him he should look elsewhere and as such was concerned the club may be shopping him around.Once that was put to bed no issue.

My guess is Lids thinks like half the BF board that DH is a clown and got vocal about it. Probably thinks contract renewal at start of year was stupid too. Probably thought assistant clean out while DH remains is just as stupid. I remember seeing him sitting on the bench furious when Ty strung 2 goals together and was taken off for a rest...I may share some of these views.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back