Can we beat the Lions?

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that this year Port are just crossing their fingers..

Seeing Porthos has come and attacked the Brisbane board fair is fair.

YOU HAVE NO CHANCE OF WINNING

You can't stop our midfield from running all day and our backline will stop tredrea and co up forward. Maybe later, like next year you'll have a chance.

This posting is purely a result of Porthos's actions on the Brisbane board, blame him not me.

Originally posted by Denno

And where do you pull this over-rated crap from? :confused:

At least the lions have won a final.........:rolleyes:

From their vulnerability to strong sides away from home. Funny how no-one was mentioning, say, Carltons good record against them when they were on their "streak". Soonas they lose to "worsfold" , out it cometh,

The other part of "over-reated" is that they are 5-1. A bit early to be yelling 'daylight".

Port will win this but if time runs out before they get in front then they will make up the difference back in Port Adelaide in round 22

Geez...who would've thought one post would piss off so many people? They really are isolated up in Brisbane, hey.

I think we CAN beat them, but not this week.

Porthos, love that pic of Tredders on the Lions board, hehehe.
They're a pretty serious mob over there, aren't they?!?

Tredders#16

Originally posted by sapaul

I would love the Crows to lose every Showdown if it means winning premierships, lost the first Showdown in 97 and 98 and won the flag, suits us fine.

Yeah, just sittin' back trying to recapture
A little of the glory of,
But time slips away, leaves you with nothing mister,
But boring stories of glory days

(c) 1984, Bruce Springsteen.

Originally posted by Ford Fairlane

Yeah, just sittin' back trying to recapture
A little of the glory of,
But time slips away, leaves you with nothing mister,
But boring stories of glory days

(c) 1984, Bruce Springsteen.

Thanks for that, I would comment on it if I understood what it meant.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Pred

It is obviously a reference to Fruit Tingles supporters living in the past.

Not too bright down there at West Lakes, are they ;-)

Fair enough, on that note then check out the regional board where Santos L Helper yesterday had a "go" at a North supporter saying 1 goal 8 in reference to the 89 grand final.Hardly recent.

Fair enough, on that note then check out the regional board where Santos L Helper yesterday had a "go" at a North supporter saying 1 goal 8 in reference to the 89 grand final.Hardly recent.

Well it was North Adelaide's most recent appearance in a Grand Final which was the relevance..............

As you know we've had 8 appearances since then for 7 premierships..........although 1999 was a long time ago.........:D

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port by 4 goals

Not to heap the pressure on, but we'll need to win by about 4 goals to snatch the top spot.

Essentially we need another 52-8 first quarter to silence the crowd, then Port should be able to slog it out to the gritty finish. Otherwise the Gabba will claim another scalp. But as Mudholian said, there's Rd 22 :)

Re: Port by 4 goals

Originally posted by powerboi
Not to heap the pressure on, but we'll need to win by about 4 goals to snatch the top spot.

Essentially we need another 52-8 first quarter to silence the crowd, then Port should be able to slog it out to the gritty finish. Otherwise the Gabba will claim another scalp. But as Mudholian said, there's Rd 22 :)

A win will do........plenty of time for the percentage later.........

Adding 10 points to our lead every quarter will be how to beat the lions at the gabba....enough to be in front, not enough to get them shocked.

Also, we could see Port use the theory that Brisbane are susceptible to the combination of physical pressure and good skills. Which may or may not backfire.....just hope that Phil Walsh doesn't mention it in the media, or it'll be doomed....he's like a jinx every time he opens his mouth :D

Originally posted by Porthos
Also, we could see Port use the theory that Brisbane are susceptible to the combination of physical pressure and good skills. Which may or may not backfire.....just hope that Phil Walsh doesn't mention it in the media, or it'll be doomed....he's like a jinx every time he opens his mouth :D

Too true! I think the media goes looking for him when Port heads off intertstate for a big game. What gets me is they always ask him how Port will win and instead of hedging around it and being complimentary about the opposition, he almost tells them the game plan. I cringe every time I see them stick a microphone in front of him.

I would love the Crows to lose every Showdown if it means winning premierships, lost the first Showdown in 97 and 98 and won the flag, suits us fine.

Lost both showdowns last year, and won feck all, suits us fine.

[
Winning 2 showdowns last year done you alot of good didn't it?

'did you a lot of'. Your sentence structure leaves a bit to be desired too. Maybe pre-school teacher.

Or are you just deliberately talking down to our level ;)

Originally posted by Mudholian

From their vulnerability to strong sides away from home. Funny how no-one was mentioning, say, Carltons good record against them when they were on their "streak". Soonas they lose to "worsfold" , out it cometh,

That vulnerability against Essendon at the MCG really put us in our place. Oh, it hurt us against Sydney at the SCG as well. Tool!

The other part of "over-reated" is that they are 5-1. A bit early to be yelling 'daylight".

Well then try 21-1 over the past 22 weeks, finals included! But then again you have back to back pre-season premierships to boast about!

Port will win this but if time runs out before they get in front then they will make up the difference back in Port Adelaide in round 22

Nah, Rd 22 is too close to September for Port to perform well. I know your other club is the Magpies, you couldn't get that, but was there any need to take the Colliwobbles instead??

Now a note to the Port Supporters who actually know something about football...

Should be an absolute cracker on Sunday, I think it will all depend on which team is switched on for the longer part of the game. The Lions have played in patches as well this year, so the team most in tune will have the edge on the weekend. The one concern from a Lions point of view is that Mal Michael has been a little off for the past two weeks and he will get first crack at Tredrea, mind you we have Leppitsch and Lynch who are also capable quality tall backmen. Hopefully it will be a Lions win, but a great game.

I'm more worried about Leppitsch at full forward than at full back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back