Carlton are the one to watch out for - They can win The Premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooohhh The Blues are 10th let's beg em yeah nah they're one game from 3rd and 6 points off 2nd. Rivals or not people need to stop talking shit and get real. GWS, Geelong, Dee's, Port, us have all looked far from convincing at times and form has fluctuated.

They're as good as anyone on their day. Flags aren't won in May. Maybe later we'll go talk to Jonathon Hay. Go watch Golden State by The Bay. Yay. Might go on Betfair and see what I can lay. Okay? Onnnnly on Big Footy.

Carlton will finish second at the end of the H&A. I read that article last week ranking every teams draw from now until the end of the season and they have the easiest of any club in the comp. They’d really have to Carlton the bed to finish worse than 2nd.

Carlton will finish second at the end of the H&A. I read that article last week ranking every teams draw from now until the end of the season and they have the easiest of any club in the comp. They’d really have to Carlton the bed to finish worse than 2nd.
Nice try.

No club is finishing 2nd without Fogarty and Cunningham.

Nice try.

What about superstar Motlop??? He was on track to kick 100 this year I tell you.

Nice try.

Eventually that bit of sand in your clam might turn into a pearl.
You do realise that you beat us 4 weeks ago? I know things have been pretty bleak since, but the way you and Tilly are acting is like a 5yo hissy fit when they lose a game, except, you didn't lose.
It's very odd behaviour to keep trolling every Carlton thread this long after a win...

Last edited:
Eventually that bit of sand in your clam might turn into a pearl.
You do realise that you beat us 4 weeks ago? I know things have been pretty bleak since, but the way and Tilly are acting is like a 5yo hissy fit when they lose a game, except, you didn't lose.
It's very odd behaviour to keep trolling every Carlton thread this long after a win...
It's truly bizarre isn't it. Biggest meltdown over a win I've ever seen on here.

Cripps 'n' Blue Bloods I'm also not sure if you've noticed but everyone is mocking Blues supporters on the deflecting, whinging, cop out front. Trying to reduce it to a personal war with some Geelong supporter is real "head in the sand" behaviour when the derision from opposition supporters has been universal.

The more angry, upset replies I get only fuels those flames and proves what a bunch of cry baby, tantrum-prone lot you are.

The more angry, upset replies I get only fuels those flames and proves what a bunch of cry baby, tantrum-prone lot you are.
This is a public footy forum so people should have the freedom to discuss whatever the want. If you don't agree with a point made either ignore them OR discuss the issue with them rather than trying to shut them down from ever bringing up a specific topic.

This is a public footy forum so people should have the freedom to discuss whatever the want. If you don't agree with a point made either ignore them OR discuss the issue with them rather than trying to shut them down from ever bringing up a specific topic.
Yes, I should also have freedom to point out those who are world leading for complaining and deflecting. Those who easily lean on those excuses the most consistently and dramatically.

I agree in free speech, and this involves being open to critique without melting down.

A good example of this is you long ago saying "nothing was worth discussing" with me, but then continuing to quote me and essentially whinge about your right to whinge. Which again, is something I just don't see from other supporter bases. The whole reaction to being mocked a little has been as overblown as anything I have come across on BigFooty.

It is quite fitting that people who are susceptible to taking on victim complexes for their team "everyone is being unfair on the Blues...we have injuries" are the same to take on personal victim complexes "don't you dare take away my free speech".

Time to move on and ignore my comments if they induce this kind of consistent melancholy. Let everybody else talk about Carlton and their cry baby supporters as they please. Stop trying to censor us*. WalshisGroat has even started tagging his Blue supporting mods. There's a report button if the heat gets a little too much. Or you can just get over it.

*my best carlton_99 impression

Yes, I should also have freedom to point out those who are world leading for complaining and deflecting. Those who easily lean on those excuses the most consistently and dramatically.

I agree in free speech, and this involves being open to critique without melting down.

A good example of this is you long ago saying "nothing was worth discussing" with me, but then continuing to quote me and essentially whinge about your right to whinge. Which again, is something I just don't see from other supporter bases. The whole reaction to being mocked a little has been as overblown as anything I have come across on BigFooty.

It is quite fitting that people who are susceptible to taking on victim complexes for their team "everyone is being unfair on the Blues...we have injuries" are the same to take on personal victim complexes "don't you dare take away my free speech".

Time to move on and ignore my comments if they induce this kind of consistent melancholy. Let everybody else talk about Carlton and their cry baby supporters as they please. Stop trying to censor us*. WalshisGroat has even started tagging his Blue supporting mods. There's a report button if the heat gets a little too much. Or you can just get over it.

*my best carlton_99 impression
I clarified the bolded part at the time - you must have missed it.
I know not to discuss umpiring/injuries with you is what I meant. Because clearly you see any discussion on the topic is whingeing. Apologies, I mean any discussion from Carlton supporters on this is whingeing.
On the rest of your post there is no victim complex from me. Not once have I said injuries/umpiring or anything else is the sole reason for a loss. Discussing factors that influence team performance on a footy forum should not be that ridiculous. Happy to discuss any of these factors with supporters of my own team or opposition teams if they are willing. However, it gets quite boring when instead of doing that you practically try to ban any discussion of a certain topic.

On your last point nothing you say impacts me so I really don't see the need for a block button which I have never used on this site. If my or any other fan's discussion of a topic offends you in some way I think you should make use of that block button and that way you aren't bothered and people are able to freely discuss the topic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I clarified the bolded part at the time - you must have missed it.

On the rest of your post there is no victim complex from me. Not once have I said injuries/umpiring or anything else is the sole reason for a loss. Discussing factors that influence team performance on a footy forum should not be that ridiculous. Happy to discuss any of these factors with supporters of my own team or opposition teams if they are willing. However, it gets quite boring when instead of doing that you practically try to ban any discussion of a certain topic.

On your last point nothing you say impacts me so I really don't see the need for a block button which I have never used on this site. If my or any other fan's discussion of a topic offends you in some way I think you should make use of that block button and that way you aren't bothered and people are able to freely discuss the topic.
You don't have to make a statement such as the bolded for it to be your primary focus. Adding that as a caveat every now and again when things are at an extreme is one thing, but to be rolling it out every single week and every other post is excessive. You might as well be called a Walking Injury Report. If we all did that with every single post, wow we actually wouldn't have anything to discuss.

It is your stock standard response to anyone who has questioned the Blues output, tactical performance or any flaws from the personnel on the park (including A or B grade players). That none of this is relevant as there are some missing players.

So it is in its own way a method of censoring others. Who think the issues go beyond surface level "just wait for the troops to come back" analysis. That is a simple and boring way to discuss football. You disagree and think it should be the main thing every single club talks about.

It's fine to have a philosophical difference on that front. If my comments do offend you though, feel free to ignore them or use the block button. No need to try to spin that back on me, as I am happy to address each and every Blues supporter who swarms me like a fly to s**t over every cry baby antic that I mock.

there's a real stink about our play. some of that is injury and list related. i think we'll turn it around after a brutal few weeks of the draw.
after last year you think... gee we could land top after home and away.
then you serve up some turgid stuff against sydney, who are the benchmark so far. and some squeaky wins, close losses, poor goal-kicking... and all of a sudden you're rationalising, well, let's just make the 8 and see what happens.

i think at best we're 'one to watch'. we have amazing patches where we can smack around any team, but then go back into our shell or are curbed by tactics. we rarely play out the game as we started. voss has his work cut out to get the team to close out games, in a way we're still very much playing like a team still on the rise that hasn't got it all together.
Obviously injuries aren’t helping, but you seem to dominate if you can play plan A, but really struggle to make plan B work. A fit list will help, but there are some personnel issues in general there. Having said that, I would be surprised to see you come home with a wet sail, and if so, watch out.

You don't have to make a statement such as the bolded for it to be your primary focus. You can add that as a caveat every now and again when things are at an extreme, but to be rolling it out every single week and every other post is extreme. It is your stock standard response to anyone who has questioned the Blues output, tactical performance or any flaws from the personnel on the park (including A or B grade players). That none of this is relevant as there are some missing players.

So it is in its own way a method of censoring others. Who think the issues go beyond surface level "just wait for the troops to come back" analysis. That is a simple and boring way to discuss football. You disagree and think it should be the main thing every single club talks about.

It's fine to have a philosophical difference on that front. If my comments do offend you though, feel free to ignore them or use the block button. No need to try to spin that back on me, as I am happy to address each and every Blues supporter who swarms me like a fly to s**t over every cry baby antic that I mock.
You clearly do not read any of my posts if this is what you think I post about. I have literally tried to have an in-depth discussion about Harry McKay just the other day with you and it was impossible. You literally ignored everything I said and kept going back to your one stat where he wasn't a top 5 or 10 player in which was goals/goal assists combined from memory. And then you said something along the lines that he is not an "AA lock" even though I had never said that and no player is AA lock at Round 10.

I am happy to have a discussion with you or anyone about any aspect of AFL but stuff like that that makes it incredibly hard...

And just lastly not once have I said injuries should be the main thing spoken about by supporters so please don't put words in my mouth.

You clearly do not read any of my posts if this is what you think I post about. I have literally tried to have an in-depth discussion about Harry McKay just the other day with you and it was impossible. You literally ignored everything I said and kept going back to your one stat where he wasn't a top 5 or 10 player in which was goals/goal assists combined from memory. And then you said something along the lines that he is not an "AA lock" even though I had never said that and no player is AA lock at Round 10.

I am happy to have a discussion with you or anyone about any aspect of AFL but stuff like that that makes it incredibly hard...

And just lastly not once have I said injuries should be the main thing spoken about by supporters so please don't put words in my mouth.
The McKay discussion. which I started and then you quickly dipped out of when I said total goal contributions (goals/assists) were a better marker for key forwards than goals alone? And provided a full analysis of league leaders for those, while trying to question why McKay and Curnow's goal assists are so low? Naming a few lesser names who were stronger for score involvements? Again, all of this was ignored so if that is your example of trying to engage in football discussion it is a poor one.

I questioned why quite a few have had him as AA locks in that other thread, when a bunch of other less heralded players are doing about as well. I did not once say YOU had him as an AA lock, Captain Strawman.

For the bolded, if that is the case then you do a terrible job of not leading by example for "injuries should be our primary focus on main board discussions". Because you are captain of the world leading supporter base for it. Everything in moderation is fine. Extremists are rightly derided.

And now that complaining has merely moved from missing personnel to being unfairly criticised as a complainer. So it is just one whinge converted to another. It must be tiring. I make the odd joke here and there and apparently it means we have to be pen pals because the comments are "oh so unfair".

The McKay discussion. which I started and then you quickly dipped out of when I said total goal contributions (goals/assists) were a better marker for key forwards than goals alone? And provided a full analysis of league leaders for those, while trying to question why McKay and Curnow's goal assists are so low? Naming a few lesser names who were stronger for score involvements? Again, all of this was ignored so if that is your example of trying to engage in football discussion it is a poor one.

I questioned why quite a few have had him as AA locks in that other thread, when a bunch of other less heralded players are doing about as well. I did not once say YOU had him as an AA lock, Captain Strawman.

For the bolded, if that is the case then you do a terrible job of not leading by example for "injuries should be our primary focus on main board discussions". Because you are captain of the world leading supporter base for it. Everything in moderation is fine. Extremists are rightly derided.

And now that complaining has merely moved from missing personnel to being unfairly criticised as a complainer. So it is just one whinge converted to another. It must be tiring. I make the odd joke here and there and apparently it means we have to be pen pals because the comments are "oh so unfair".
I did not ignore anything I just prefer to look at things holistically (was never using goals alone as the reason for his improvement btw) - and there is one clear reason why goal assists may be low for a forward that gets up the ground a lot like McKay/Curnow in the current Carlton set up but if I say it you yell "excuse" even though the coaches and anyone that actually watches Carlton would be thinking the exact same thing.

Haha I am the captain - okay mate. Just the other day you called me a "sophisticated poster" and now I'm "Captain Strawman" and "the captain of the world leading supporter base". Keep going with the name calling - I'm looking forward to what you come up with next for me.

Last edited:
I did not ignore anything I just prefer to look at things holistically - and there is one clear reason why goal assists may be be low for a forward that gets up the ground a lot like McKay/Curnow in the current Carlton set up but if I say it you yell "excuse" even though the coaches and anyone that actually watches Carlton would be thinking the exact same thing.

Haha I am the captain - okay mate. Just the other day you called me a "sophisticated poster" and now I'm "Captain Strawman" and "the captain of the world leading supporter base". Keep going with the name calling - I'm looking forward to what you come up with next for me.
In literal terms you did though. You didn't respond to any of the points or queries I made and this is the first time I am getting any response on those. Heck, this is you improving and I am all for it. A bit of needling here and there is worth it if it improves discourse from a few.

Sophisticated poster was tongue in cheek. Captain Strawman is fitting for the many attempts you have put words in my mouth that miss the mark, simply because you are annoyed at having whinging and deflecting (as a primary directive, the cake rather than the icing) called out.

And you sure do look like you're enjoying yourself, so I take your word for it that you are looking forward to whatever I come up with next. If you think this is undue heat you're receiving, I wholeheartedly apologise and will keep your feelings in mind in the future. But ultimately you were just tagging onto the Cripps n Blue Bloods "you salty campaigner" rant, much the same as WalshisGoat did. And now are complaining for being picked on. Comedic brilliance. If this is a "bit" then all I can do is applaud you, as it's a genuinely funny one.

In literal terms you did though. You didn't respond to any of the points or queries I made and this is the first time I am getting any response on those. Heck, this is you improving and I am all for it. A bit of needling here and there is worth it if it improves discourse from a few.
I urge you to go back to the McKay discussion - I think you will find that the last comment on it was mine and you failed to reply to me (see below). You instead decided to ignore it and speak about about the form ladder or something which apparently I was complaining about. It was actually not at all what I was talking about and just another example of you putting words in my mouth.
I discussed it with you and said that I look at other things besides goal assists (and provided other stats) and you kept going back to that one stat. What exactly do you expect me to do - just repeat myself again that I look at other things?
Anyway like I said there is a reason that goal assists may be down but you won't want to hear it.

And now are complaining for being picked on. Comedic brilliance. If this is a "bit" then all I can do is applaud you, as it's a genuinely funny one.
When did I complain about being "picked on"? If you are trying to "pick on me" it's a feeble attempt at best and I'd hope you're a better person than that. Name calling is childish but I take it as part of the "banter" - thought me saying "I'm looking forward to what you call me next" made that pretty clear.

I urge you to go back to the McKay discussion - I think you will find that the last comment on it was mine and you failed to reply to me (see below). You instead decided to ignore it and speak about about the form ladder or something which apparently I was complaining about. It was actually not at all what I was talking about and just another example of you putting words in my mouth.

Anyway like I said there is a reason that goal assists may be down but you won't want to hear it.

When did I complain about being "picked on"? If you are trying to "pick on me" it's a feeble attempt at best and I'd hope you're a better person than that. Name calling is childish but I take it as part of the "banter" - thought me saying "I'm looking forward to what you call me next" made that pretty clear.
I'm not "trying" to pick on you, but yes you are complaining about it as if that's the case.

I revisited the tread with the McKay discussion as you wished and you did blank the combined goals/goal assist post until I then prompted you to revisit it later. So it was like drawing blood out of a stone.

Before that you had just said you look at other things besides goal assists. That didn't actually answer why a CHF who plays up the ground would have so few goal assists when he has the competitions best forward to kick to. I am only just getting this intel that you "may have reasons that I may not like to hear". So ironically, the reason given would still amount to missing personnel. Thus everything MUST be brought back to injuries. If Curnow's contested mark numbers or goal accuracy went down..."We are missing players around him to free him into advantageous marking/goal kicking positions" is my best guess for your explanation. Nothing to do with his form, positioning or the delivery into him (and if the delivery was poor it would simply be missing personnel to blame...no Saad and so on).

Any time I try to discuss things that Carlton may have in their power to improve (team or individual) it is batted away with a deflection. That they are doing everything right, they just need a few missing soldiers to come back. Whereas in McKay's case I'd say his field kicking and decision making could still improve, Curnow could get on his bike more or perhaps the Curnow/McKay synergy simply needs work.

If Curnow's contested mark numbers or goal accuracy went down...
McKay's goal accuracy went down in 2023 did you ever hear me mention injuries or anything? Answer is no because they have no link. I only bring up personnel if there is an issue I see with personnel - if you disagree with me happy to discuss it but you don't and instead just reject it outright without actually listening to the argument put forward. So I don't bother you with it.

And on the rest of your post you seem to be living in this delusion that most of my posts are about personnel missing which is simply not the case. It's just purely confirmation bias to suit your idea of Carlton supporters.

McKay's goal accuracy went down in 2023 did you ever hear me mention injuries or anything? Answer is no because they have no link. I only bring up personnel if there is an issue I see with personnel - if you disagree with me happy to discuss it but you don't and instead just reject it outright without actually listening to the argument put forward. So I don't bother you with it.

And on the rest of your post you seem to be living in this delusion that most of my posts are about personnel missing which is simply not the case. It's just purely confirmation bias to suit your idea of Carlton supporters.
Fair enough on the bolded.

On your second paragraph, I'm more than happy to change my opinion in the face of new evidence. Is it actually worth calling out whinging if it creates 10 new angry pen pals? Probably not. But then it's a little weak for me to make comments and not be prepared to back them up when those people express their grievances.

As for being called a salty troll or having the world's biggest meltdown by others for expressing an opinion and at times critiquing their own posts...I laugh at those attempts to reduce things to a playground dispute. At least you attempt to do a little better than that, unlike some of your peers.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back