Grover

Team Captain
Sep 16, 2003
Hobart
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Carlton
heard a rumour on the news that Matthew Allan and Justin Murphy to Essendon for i think Danny Jacobs? does anyone know if this is right or is there other players involved?

also Daniel Harford and Brett Johnson to Carlton not sure who for though, any ideas?

Have heard that the Essendon player in question is Bolton. Would not be happy if we did this deal.....Murphy does not interest me in the slightest, although I'm happy to take a punt on Allen.

I'll give you Misiti for Allan.

Murphy is no use to us. Jacobs for Allan isn't all that good either.

Allan and #35 for Jacobs?

seeing as though carlton have no draft picks basically as it is we wont be trading pick #35.
I was just putting what rumour ive heard on here and it seems Essendon are interested in Allan and Murphy. Murphy is skillful but soft, and allan still could be good. dont forget before he got injured he was 3rd in the brownlow.

Im hoping it is allan and murphy for bolton

i doubt carlton will trade any of their draft picks as we basically have none as it is. but u never know.

and dont make me laugh with that pick 2 for bolton misiti and jacobs. if carlton did that the stands would be teared down at optus. Misiti is nearly over and is handy is anything, Jacobs and Bolton are good but no where near good enough as what one of the young future champions that we could pick up with the number 2 would be

Originally posted by Grover
seeing as though carlton have no draft picks basically as it is we wont be trading pick #35.
I was just putting what rumour ive heard on here and it seems Essendon are interested in Allan and Murphy. Murphy is skillful but soft, and allan still could be good. dont forget before he got injured he was 3rd in the brownlow.

Im hoping it is allan and murphy for bolton

Murphy is useless. We've already got a handful of skillful quick midfielders who lack physical maturity.

Allan for Misiti. With your young and under-developed midfield, an experienced and smart footballer like Misiti could be a handy bench player to help you at the stoppages.

no way, id rather keep allan or trade him to do the dogs than get misiti.
it sounds like Essendon have shown interedt in Murphy even if you dont want him.
I reckon it will be Allan and murphy for either bolton or Jacobs

Originally posted by Grover
no way, id rather keep allan or trade him to do the dogs than get misiti.
it sounds like Essendon have shown interedt in Murphy even if you dont want him.
I reckon it will be Allan and murphy for either bolton or Jacobs

There'd be no reason we'd show interest in Murphy. We've got Ramanauskas, Reynolds, Winderlich, Walsh as young skillful outside midfielders. Why would we want an old skillful outside midfielder, who is notoriously inconsistent?

The only reason we'd consider Murphy is if we could trade him on to another club.

Originally posted by Bluemike
The irony of Murphy ending up as Essendon;) :p :p

I'll take anything for Allan....

Cory McGrath for Allan? Quick, skillful, hard at it, knows how to kick a goal...

Realistic

Allan and Murphy for Bolton / Jacobs is a strong chance. The Dons have talls, but need another ruckman and more midfielders... Sheedy would sacrifice a reasonable young tall for the chance to add what he needs to his team and put the Dons in line for a premiership challenge. He's nothing if not pragmatic.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Re: Realistic

Originally posted by bluechampion
Allan and Murphy for Bolton / Jacobs is a strong chance. The Dons have talls, but need another ruckman and more midfielders... Sheedy would sacrifice a reasonable young tall for the chance to add what he needs to his team and put the Dons in line for a premiership challenge. He's nothing if not pragmatic.

Murphy isn't what we need. Sure we could use an established outside midfielder, but Murphy is too erratic. He'd also take away from the development of our young midfielders that we've got coming through. If Murphy was half a dozen years younger, it might be worthwhile. Not now.

Murphy.

I agree with you on Murphy. But Sheeds does like his indigenous footballers... Besides, I see him as more of a inconsistent, roaming half-forward now-a-days... less of an inconsistent midfielder.

Today's Herald Sun (pg 86) says that Essendon will talk to Carlton during trade week about acquiring the services of Allan & Murphy. Does not mention who the Blues may get in return. I would happily take Bolton or Jacobs for that pair. Sheedy just might be able to get something out of them, you never know. Agree with a previous comment that Murphy should play as a permanent forward now, his on ball days are over. His match against Richmond this year shows what he can do. He does not have a defensive bone in his body & does not chase. Allan? Well, the less players we have at Carlton with THAT particular player manager, the better.

Originally posted by Baggers
Today's Herald Sun (pg 86) says that Essendon will talk to Carlton during trade week about acquiring the services of Allan & Murphy. Does not mention who the Blues may get in return. I would happily take Bolton or Jacobs for that pair. Sheedy just might be able to get something out of them, you never know. Agree with a previous comment that Murphy should play as a permanent forward now, his on ball days are over. His match against Richmond this year shows what he can do. He does not have a defensive bone in his body & does not chase. Allan? Well, the less players we have at Carlton with THAT particular player manager, the better.

Collingwood Gazette rarely says anything that's credible. Most of their ideas about trades are just their journalists' opinions, not much fact.

Originally posted by Orangewhip
How old are Jacobs and Bolton?

Misiti can go ride his BMX round East Keilor.

I think Jacobs and Bolton are both 23.

I'll ask again: McGrath for Allan?

McGrath on his own- no. Allan is a ruckman and exerts a greater influence on a game than a small like McGrath.

Allan will play well for the Dons. He is as jaded as can be at Carlton, and played as such.

I'll take the Allan + Murphy for Jacobs scenario.

By the way, who out of Jacobs and Bolton do the Bombers fans rate higher?

McGrath on his own- no. Allan is a ruckman and exerts a greater influence on a game than a small like McGrath.

Allan will play well for the Dons. He is as jaded as can be at Carlton, and played as such.

i would not be happy with allan and murphy for either of them.
mcgrath for murphy
misiti for allan
are the deals that would be reasonable imo
we could get better for bolton or jacobs if we tried

Murphy ain't coming to Essendon. It's just the usual farmyard confetti promulgated by the Collingwood Gazette. if you want Jacobs or Bolton for Allan, you're going to have come up with something better than Murphy (to go with Allan). We'll take your 3rd round pick.

You could use someone like McGrath. Quick, reasonably skillful, can play either end of the ground and through the middle, hard at it, kicks goals. Your midfield is rather under-developed. McGrath is still fairly young. We could throw in a draft pick with him.

Edit: As for Jacobs and Bolton... Hard to say. Bolton is really a big running player, not much of a key position player. Jacobs is a genuine key position player, but a little undersized. Jacobs is more skillful, reads the play well, has good hands; Bolton is quick, plenty of endurance, versatile. I think we'd rather keep Bolton, Jacobs won't hurt our team balance as much.

Why would we need McGrath? He's an average small and the type of player we could pick up in the pre-season.

You need a ruckman. Midfielders are easier to come across and therefore Carlton will be pushing for a more substancial player if they are going to give up an AA ruckman, albeit a slightly suspect one. The Dons have the experience of dealing with Hird's injury which was similar to Allens and so will better accomodate his welfare. He'll repay in kind.

Why would we need McGrath? He's an average small and the type of player we could pick up in the pre-season.

You need a ruckman. Midfielders are easier to come across and therefore Carlton will be pushing for a more substancial player if they are going to give up an AA ruckman, albeit a slightly suspect one. The Dons have the experience of dealing with Hird's injury which was similar to Allens and so will better accomodate his welfare. He'll repay in kind.

Ok then. Suppose we give you Jacobs or Bolton. You'll give us Allan and what?

What have you got in the way of outside midfielders or young tall defenders? It's either that or a draft pick, I would say.

Allan is pathetic. He is old, slow, cant jump, is injured every second week, and most importantly can't get a game for CARLTON. Enough said.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back