Traded Blake Acres [Traded to Carlton for Future 3rd]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah I get it from a freo perspective the list is stacked with talent so not tying fringe players to multi year deals is fair

Honestly just don’t rate him that high.
Had a great start to this year, but he’s been up and down his whole career. Dropped multiple times during Freo tenure.

I think if he can lock away a 3/4 year deal else where he will take it

Has been pretty much a C grade average player for most of his career boosted to a B for 10 or so games this year. Think the turnaround really has to do with getting fitter than any other season as you can see since he came back from his hamstring he has struggled.

Has been pretty much a C grade average player for most of his career boosted to a B for 10 or so games this year. Think the turnaround really has to do with getting fitter than any other season as you can see since he came back from his hamstring he has struggled.
One of your better tonight tho?
29 touches and a goal

He’s a must keep IMO. Annoying to have Ethan Hughes signed up for another 2 seasons, only cracked the team for a handful of games, but a best 22 winger we can’t sign.

Not that I don’t like Ethan, we just make poor decisions around list management. Every supporter could see he’d be outside the 22 within 6-8 weeks when he signed a 3 year extension.

He’s a must keep IMO. Annoying to have Ethan Hughes signed up for another 2 seasons, only cracked the team for a handful of games, but a best 22 winger we can’t sign.

Not that I don’t like Ethan, we just make poor decisions around list management. Every supporter could see he’d be outside the 22 within 6-8 weeks when he signed a 3 year extension.
I’m ok with stars being on long term contracts but role players should 1-2 years.

I hope we Trade him back to the saints for their second.
They could do with some more outside run and we would’ve squeezed just that little bit more out of the Brad hill trade , 3 years on

I'm not sure the Blues will be super active this trade period, however we desperately need some reinforcements on the wings, so I think we must at least do our due diligence on Acres.

Given he is out of contract, what is his trade value? Would our 2nd rounder get it done?

Would probably be offered a 3 year deal.

I'm not sure the Blues will be super active this trade period, however we desperately need some reinforcements on the wings, so I think we must at least do our due diligence on Acres.

Given he is out of contract, what is his trade value? Would our 2nd rounder get it done?

Would be worth more to Freo but if he is somehow squeezed out a 2nd is fair imo.

Straight swap for Motlop :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wonder if he wants to come back to Melbourne
I feel he would be up for it if the deal is too good to turn down. It makes a lot of sense for all parties
  • North get exactly what they need, experience, standard setter and a best 22 player for 3-4 years
  • Acres gets the security and a good deal to finish
  • Freo get currency for a position we can cover reasonably well

I feel he would be up for it if the deal is too good to turn down. It makes a lot of sense for all parties
  • North get exactly what they need, experience, standard setter and a best 22 player for 3-4 years
  • Acres gets the security and a good deal to finish
  • Freo get currency for a position we can cover reasonably well
As long as we dont try to cover it with Henry as he is a long way off playing wing in the AFL. Also you would think that North would have learnt from the past that they dont offer too much for Acres, they need to try and get more elite talent in the door and he is not that.

Could it please involve Zurhaar. Thanks.

Dollars to donuts Zurhaar stays @ North know that Clarko has arrived

Apparently he isn't really keen to move back to WA at any rate (according to Cal Twomey)

I hope we Trade him back to the saints for their second.
They could do with some more outside run and we would’ve squeezed just that little bit more out of the Brad hill trade , 3 years on

God no, we have had our fill of Acres over the years.

Besides, the spot of erratic disposal whipping boy is already filled by a couple of others…..

Remove this Banner Ad

Back