Prediction Changes for round 5 v Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

It would be good to get through a game without losing a player to injury or suspension.
In Trengove Cordy Lipinski

Out Honey Biggs Hunter

Nor should it
Why not? Head high, clearly intentional, and enough impact for naughton to spend the next thirty seconds holding his face. That's a week according to the rules. If some tough guy wants to punch an 18 year old in the face, he should get what's coming to him.

Why not? Head high, clearly intentional, and enough impact for naughton to spend the next thirty seconds holding his face. That's a week according to the rules. If some tough guy wants to punch an 18 year old in the face, he should get what's coming to him.
I'll go and have another look but I would have thought unintentional and low to med impact.

But let's put that aside and say yeah it deserves to be looked at, the whole dogs get shafted by the tribunal narrative is as petty as Sydney's we get shafted by the umpires narrative.

Don’t shoot me but I’ve got a bad feeling about this game....I feel we’ll regress to how we played weeks 1 and 2. Eeek

Last edited:
Out

Honeychurch and delisted immediately
Jong as above
Hunter

In

Rough
Lipinski
Cordy

I reckon we give English a spell this week. He's worked his arse off and done an amazing job the last few weeks, I don't want to risk the string bean on a 4 hour flight to be eaten alive by Sandilands. Give him a rest for a week and send Roughy and Trengrove over.

I reckon we give English a spell this week. He's worked his arse off and done an amazing job the last few weeks, I don't want to risk the string bean on a 4 hour flight to be eaten alive by Sandilands. Give him a rest for a week and send Roughy and Trengrove over.
He would fly anyway. He's from WA so would be good to see family.

I'll go and have another look but I would have thought unintentional and low to med impact.

But let's put that aside and say yeah it deserves to be looked at, the whole dogs get shafted by the tribunal narrative is as petty as Sydney's we get shafted by the umpires narrative.
It was after the tackle, in the ensuing fight, so can't really be unintentional.

I don't think it is quite as petty actually. There's a difference between suggesting there's bias in a boys' club kangaroo court and systematic cheating across an entire profession of umpires.

Honestly, if the MRP followed their own rules, Greene would've been banned for at least a few weeks for the Dahlhaus kick. Instead, they approached the situation with a "how do we get this guy off" approach, and found a pretend loophole that wasn't applicable to the situation. At other times, they talk about how their hands are tied by the rules. There's a reason they don't allow precedent, and that's because they have no consistency whatsoever.

https://www.theage.com.au/articles/2003/05/10/1052280480803.html
Todd Curley, Chris Grant and Paul Dimattina say hi
and Redpath

I guess the thing is they are so crazily inconsistent we definitely have been shafted at times, whether more than other clubs I don't know

B: Naughton Cordy Williams
HB: Johannisen Wood Biggs
C: Suckling Macrae Dale
HF: Dunkley Redpath Lipinski
F: English Bontempelli Dickson

R: Campbell
RR: Wallis
RO: McLean

INT: Jong, Dahlhaus, Daniel, Webb.

In: Campbell, Lipinski, Cordy, Webb.
Out: Honeychurch, Richards, Gowers, Hunter (If Susp, did not see)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

My changes for this week would be as follows:
OUT: Biggs
IN: Cordy
This change is to fix up team balance to accomodate the returning Cordy, plus Biggs was one of the weaker players against Sydney so no real loss there.

OUT: Jong, Honeychurch
IN: Lipinski, Webb
These changes are to take out two poor users of the ball to put in two terrific users of the football. Don’t need talent to apply pressure and the two boys coming in will be given a message saying if they don’t match the pressure output from Jong and Honey then they are out quicker than they get in. But as said no talent is needed to apply pressure and they also add that class on top of this which will only improve our side. Lipinski been in great form over the last two weeks in the VFL and deserves another crack while Webb deserves one more extended run at it.

OUT: Naughton
IN: Roberts
This change would be quite controversial. Let me start this off by saying Naughton has been an absolute revelation and will be part of our future as a club and be a 150+ gamer. Absolutely love him. However his ball use is one of his only weaknesses but it is a glaring weakness. Not even VFL standard in my opinion. He needs to go back to the two’s and work on this and show he can execute his kicking in games. Needs to be addressed at training also, but when he fixes it up he’ll be back in quicker than he got out. On the other hand we are bringing in a capable key defender who can also use the ball very effectively and has much more experience. This will be crucial to our backline.

One final note is that if Hunter is suspended for a week then one of Jong or Honeychurch will be the lucky one to hold their place.

Leaves us with the following lineup:
FB: Johannisen, Roberts, Williams
HB: Suckling, Cordy, Wood
C: Hunter*, Dahlhaus, Dale
HF: Dunkley, Bontempelli, Wallis
FF: Dickson, Redpath, Gowers
FOL: English, McLean, Macrae
INT: Lipinski, Webb, Daniel, Richards
EMER: Jong*, Honeychurch, Biggs, Naughton

Changed my mind. Wouldn’t bring in Boyd against the form defender in the comp (Pearce). Let him build his confidence in the twos for one more week.

Lipinski, Cordy
Honeychurch, Hunter

Hunter is a huge out.

If we drop Naughton for Roberts I’ll burn Whitten Oval down..

Know it’s controversial but his ball use is absolutely shocking. He is kicking at 63.9% efficiency which rates him below average. The technique is absolutely shocking and needs work which in my opinion is too big of a liability to take into a game of AFL. As I said Roberts is quite a sound kick and is also a very capable defender in himself. Naughton is a wonderful intercept player and will be a premier player in the competition in the not so distant future but his kicking needs work and to be frank VFL is where this development needs to take place.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Honestly cannot believe there are people calling for Richards to be dropped. What more does he have to do in his first three games?

Honestly cannot believe there are people calling for Richards to be dropped. What more does he have to do in his first three games?

Agreed. Good decision maker and kick of the football which is always handy coming out of the back half. Always composed as well, plays like he is more experienced than he actually is which is a wonderful sign.

Know it’s controversial but his ball use is absolutely shocking. He is kicking at 63.9% efficiency which rates him below average. The technique is absolutely shocking and needs work which in my opinion is too big of a liability to take into a game of AFL. As I said Roberts is quite a sound kick and is also a very capable defender in himself. Naughton is a wonderful intercept player and will be a premier player in the competition in the not so distant future but his kicking needs work and to be frank VFL is where this development needs to take place.

Tend to agree on Naughton but Id replace with Cordy and/or Trengove. Quite happy if Fletch never plays for us again. Naughton's diabolical kicking will cost us goals - its not even a question of if but when. Given he is from WA I reckon he will play though. And I think it is abundantly clear that the club values kicking skill far less than other skills (and other clubs). Its the only explanation for our recruitment and selection approach.

Cant complain too much - got us a flag.

Tend to agree on Naughton but Id replace with Cordy and/or Trengove. Quite happy if Fletch never plays for us again. Naughton's diabolical kicking will cost us goals - its not even a question of if but when. Given he is from WA I reckon he will play though. And I think it is abundantly clear that the club values kicking skill far less than other skills (and other clubs). Its the only explanation for our recruitment and selection approach.

Cant complain too much - got us a flag.

Quite happy to have Trengove instead of Roberts, however I was more keen on Roberts due to fitness at this stage.

Quite happy to have Trengove instead of Roberts, however I was more keen on Roberts due to fitness at this stage.

Yeah I guess I disagree as I'd still prefer Naughton to Fletch as his s**t one on one skills and athleticism will cost more goals than Naughton's s**t kicking- and also I'd prefer herpes to Fletch.

All this talk of Naughton's kicking surely doesn't make Cordy a walk-up start to be re-included in the team. Some of Cordy's kicking through decision making and execution has been atrocious at times.

Yeah I guess I disagree as I'd still prefer Naughton to Fletch as his s**t one on one skills and athleticism will cost more goals than Naughton's s**t kicking- and also I'd prefer herpes to Fletch.

Yeah it’s an interesting thought nonetheless. We have very sound key defensive depth at the moment. Don’t forget Lewis Young as well with Adams and Morris to come back from injury. We are loaded at that end of the ground.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back