Preview Changes/Preview for Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Don’t disagree salim malik. But who? Other than Hill, who’s probably out till September if past performance is any indication of future outcomes? ☹️ And let’s be real - we haven’t had Hill since halfway through 2017.

Don’t disagree salim malik. But who? Other than Hill, who’s probably out till September if past performance is any indication of future outcomes? ☹ And let’s be real - we haven’t had Hill since halfway through 2017.

That's the conundrum, good and quick are two descriptions that don't go together at Freo at the minute.

Hill for Bewley. I get that Stephen makes a good half back but we now have Wilson, Ryan and Young who are all very good to elite kickers who can take the game on. Even Cox is starting to show some creative flair and run through the middle. Stephen Hill is as pure a winger as you can get. Aish on the other side.
Serong for Shultz
Blakely for Colyer
Cam Mac for Sturt if he doesn't come up, Matera comes out if he does.

Ok 1st off, theses are 15-16 minute quaters.

From that 2000-19 period we had 20 minute quarters.

Hell.... in the early 1990s period it was 25 minutes.
Yep I can remember WANFL footy back in the 1970s with 25 minute quarters than would run to 35 minutes with time on.

But today, with shorter quarters and longer breaks, there is even more need prioritise talent over sheer physical fitness.

Hill for Bewley. I get that Stephen makes a good half back but we now have Wilson, Ryan and Young who are all very good to elite kickers who can take the game on. Even Cox is starting to show some creative flair and run through the middle. Stephen Hill is as pure a winger as you can get. Aish on the other side.
Serong for Shultz
Blakely for Colyer

Exactly,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Serong for Shultz
Blakely for Colyer
yep. I get that Hill got left out because caution in the rain coming back from injury but why not play him from now? What are we waiting for? If he plays and breaks down then, unfortunately his time is probably done. He's now the second oldest player in the team. Why save him up while he is getting older and older.

You also realize King and Luksious are key forwards? They are not going to run around the suns defensive 50.

We are 0-3. Theres 14 more games left to play more youth.
Yep, I realise that King and Luksious are key talls (although Luksious is playing the 3rd tall defender these days).

But nonetheless they are talented footballers who have been given jobs based on their ability to impact the game in spite of their lack of their seniority .

Ultimately its not about "playing youth" or "playing experience" is about playing guys who can actually achieve some on-field impact. That has less to do with having a tank than being able to football. If we have 22 guys on our list who can football better than Colyer than they should play ahead of him, regardless of how many pre-seasons they have done.

Highly doubt any games will played in the next few weeks anyway

Have multiple Essendon players now tested positive? If it's still just one positive test the show must go on. If one employee of a McDonald's in Victoria tests positive they wouldn't close every McDonald's in Australia.

Even if Essendon is affected to the point that they can't field a team the other teams should keep playing and the games registered as a loss for the Bombers until they're clean.

Have multiple Essendon players now tested positive? If it's still just one positive test the show must go on. If one employee of a McDonald's in Victoria tests positive they wouldn't close every McDonald's in Australia.

Even if Essendon is affected to the point that they can't field a team the other teams should keep playing and the games registered as a loss for the Bombers until they're clean.

Clean and Essendon. Could you have picked a better term?

G'day ol timer. You sure you aren't thinking of Daniel Gilmore? Or Dan Parker even?
I went to school with Gilmore and Head. Great blokes, Gilly was a pretty good footballer growing up. Never got a decent run at a AFL due to lingering effects from a serious concussion. Heady came down for a couple of pre-season training runs with Harrisdale/Piara Waters in the masters league this year and still looked pretty sharp.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back