Preview Changes: R5 2021 vs Fremantle

Remove this Banner Ad

Basically done a 3 way swap with GC & Lions with Keays, Greewood & Lyons.... though we have basically given 3 away but landed Keays.

Keays replaced CEY actually. Massive upgrade and a poor decision by Brisbane.

I'm not saying it would be good in the long run Bicks. But in his current form you would love to him in the team.

I swear you never used to be this contrary all the time.
We're pretty much in a full blown rebuild and signing Greenwood for 4 years really doesn't fit in with that, in both Greenwood and Keith's case the contract length 4 years they would only accept was outside what we were prepared to meet. Being contrary has nothing to do with it.

Listening to Sloaney on 5AA this week, when asked about the game against North, mentioned that the likes of Sholl and Schoenberg were very impressive in the last quarter, along with Doedee and Kelly down back (mentioned a few others as well). I do distinctly remember a tap from Kelly to a teammate in space from a loose ball in the middle early in the last when North were still in the game and had outnumbered us at that contest. I know not many on here are huge Kelly fans, and I’m not a massive one either, but he’s clearly rated internally and outside of a couple of HTBs against North wasn’t that bad. His game against GC was also good. Frampton is a far more pressing concern, but Kelly’s calf may make the decision easy anyway.

We're pretty much in a full blown rebuild and signing Greenwood for 4 years really doesn't fit in with that, in both Greenwood and Keith's case the contract length 4 years they would only accept was outside what we were prepared to meet. Being contrary has nothing to do with it.

Mate, nowhere did I say we should have given him 4 years, just that he would be nice to have right now with our 2nd ruck problem and obviously with our injuries. You are so quick to jump on stuff that wasn't even said.

Yeah I dunno where Muzza got the idea that good players especially Andrew McLeod don't perform in pre-season games, we've actually had 3 Michael Tuck Medalists Bunji, Goody and Bernie Vince.

Most really good players take great pride in their performance be it pre-season or State of Origin or the regular season.

came from same place as most of his ideas

Hately coming strengthens our midfield.

Obviously if Smith is fit, he stays in.
Hately replaces one of Smith/Lynch. If both go out, then the other replacement is a tall (Worrell/Murray). We're already down 1 midfielder, with Fog having replaced Sloane. Going down a 2nd midfielder would seriously unbalance our team.

Hately replaces one of Smith/Lynch. If both go out, then the other replacement is a tall (Worrell/Murray). We're already down 1 midfielder, with Fog having replaced Sloane. Going down a 2nd midfielder would seriously unbalance our team.

Hately for Lynch sounds good. It's time to move on from Lynch.

Listening to Sloaney on 5AA this week, when asked about the game against North, mentioned that the likes of Sholl and Schoenberg were very impressive in the last quarter, along with Doedee and Kelly down back (mentioned a few others as well). I do distinctly remember a tap from Kelly to a teammate in space from a loose ball in the middle early in the last when North were still in the game and had outnumbered us at that contest. I know not many on here are huge Kelly fans, and I’m not a massive one either, but he’s clearly rated internally and outside of a couple of HTBs against North wasn’t that bad. His game against GC was also good. Frampton is a far more pressing concern, but Kelly’s calf may make the decision easy anyway.

Not a huge Kelly fan but he has been fine this year, he is solid and is looking to attack the game. Sure, he has been caught a few times but you have to wear that when your defense looks to take the game on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not on my side here doesn't.... as we should not play injured players.

Neither did proper training today. Lyncjh hasn't for 2 weeks.

Neglected to mention that Jake shirked a couple of contests, one in particular just before 1/2 time (could have been 3/4 time as my head exploded)

This may be down to confidence after the Dangerfield hit but like Lynch, shouldn’t be out there if not fit.

Not on my side here doesn't.... as we should not play injured players.

Neither did proper training today. Lyncjh hasn't for 2 weeks.
You were proposing removing the following players - Kelly (medium tall), Smith (mid), Lynch (mid), and Frampton (tall), with Worrell (tall), Murray (tall), Hately (mid), and HBerg (tall). Hately & Smith cancel each other out, as do Murray/Kelly and Frampton/HBerg. That leaves Worrell (tall) replacing Lynch (mid), which is a mismatch.

We've already unbalanced our side, by bringing Fogarty in as Sloane's replacement. We really don't want to unbalance it further, by replacing another mid/running player with another tall.

** I know Lynch isn't really a mid - but he is a running medium tall, whose job description relates more to his gut running than it does to his height.

Overall wasn't impressed with his game against the Roos, but have liked he's been a bit quicker with his ball use this year and hasn't help up the play massively like he was doing in the past.

Hated the sideways and backwards of past years, but he has been good this year. A couple of sideways and back against NM/Suns, but mainly playing in attacking mode. He seems to be another established player that has benefited from the change of coaching.

Yep, I would be going for TT in now (I wanted him in for his 4 week block starting with GC). Berg can wait his time.

Just wasting games with Billy, unfortunately this is one AFC hallmark that looks like it's continuing under Nicks.

Coaches are required to present their philosophies on football in order to get the gig. Why would Nicks' not align with Pyke's? Totally the exact same arbiters. It's still the Neil Craig club, Roo keeps that alive. Remember the final we lost purely because we trusted the experienced player with their hand up. That's our present culture, individual greater than team.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back