Preview Changes: R8 vs Port Adelaide, 2024 - Curtin Call?

Will Curtin come in this week?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, Port board melting over selection. McEntee appears to be their whipping boy.

One poster reckon we have gone too tall in defence as they are clueless that Michaelanny, Curtin & Worrell are all capable of playing on smaller types.

We should be able to control the airways both ends... particularly if Finlayson is not a late change for Rozee.
Our bookends are far better than theirs.

Break even in midfield we win.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like I’ve seen this game tomorrow night before. A cracking seesawing game and just when the Crows look like they are kicking away in the fourth quarter, somehow Port just win ball, have players in open marking positions all over the field and they put us away by 18 points.
Just had to get that off my chest lol.
On another note I’m really hoping Soligo can not get ahead of himself. If he just plays footy and plays his role then the other team members seem to improve around him. Soligo is good, very good but only as good as his last game.

Rachele is going to crack in tomorrow night. Born for the big game. 20 disposals 3 goals.

I dunno if he'll go 20 and 3, but Rachele needs too. All well and good saying you ****ed up with being soft a few weeks back, but you don't want that becoming your reputation long term, and the way to put that to bed is to put up a big performance in a big game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have to admit its very funny that Jed McEntee and Ned McHenry have almost the exact same name.

homer simpson GIF

We’ve both got a suspect player named Jones too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I feel like I’ve seen this game tomorrow night before. A cracking seesawing game and just when the Crows look like they are kicking away in the fourth quarter, somehow Port just win ball, have players in open marking positions all over the field and they put us away by 18 points.
Just had to get that off my chest lol.
On another note I’m really hoping Soligo can not get ahead of himself. If he just plays footy and plays his role then the other team members seem to improve around him. Soligo is good, very good but only as good as his last game.
No you haven't. Not while Hinkley has been in charge. And their performance in red time is one of the worst in the league.

Edit: They are actually the worst in the league. Worse than Norf.

Last edited:
Im excited to watch this game now. First one for the year I've looked forward to. Looking forward to see how Curtin goes.

IS he going to end up on Marshall though? Isn't he a running player or are we trying to turn him into a dour Talia type defender?
He might get spurts on a Gorgiadis or a Marshall as part of rotation and to give him a taste, but looking at the ins and outs, I think maybe half forward which would be a good call.

Let him work up and down the ground without the pressure of manning a key player. He will be a testing matchup up for their defence plus him kicking to our forwards or kicking for goal should be a weapon.

My thoughts at selection

1714568917415.png

Honestly, for the first time this year, selection felt right. It wasn't reactionary, it has a feel of well thought out planning about it.

Butts and Keane together against the bigs of Port will work well and will allow Curtin to use his height and run instead of worrying about bodying Dixon.

Smith was always going to come back, better than a bling Murphy selection which was hinted at.

So overall win or lose, this selection is at least a step in the right direction about how it should look.

My thoughts at selection

View attachment 1976331

Honestly, for the first time this year, selection felt right. It wasn't reactionary, it has a feel of well thought out planning about it.

Butts and Keane together against the bigs of Port will work well and will allow Curtin to use his height and run instead of worrying about bodying Dixon.

Smith was always going to come back, better than a bling Murphy selection which was hinted at.

So overall win or lose, this selection is at least a step in the right direction about how it should look.
My additional change would have been Taylor for McHenry, perhaps next week?

I hate it when we bring players back too soon after an injury so keeping Schoenberg and Murphy in the Twos makes sense.

What was the actual Berry injury? Is there such a thing as a 4 day foot injury? We now know that the 4 day hammy exists.

Back