Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

??
1) While I'd like to see the Fog back in vs PA (for player-crashing mongrel alone), did you mean "more taxing mentally" than playing a full game? Warming up/down could not be mentally or physically harder than actually playing, surely?
2) How'd you arrive at "effectively played 2.5 games", please?

Fabricating data like that on the Fog to push for his re-selection --- I can't wait to see how Vader responds :sneaky: .
The club's words, not mine

The unused sub is physically and mentally drained from the experience

Apparently

In our 30 completed seasons, we have finished 15 times in the position of 7-12th.
Yes, I looked at the link I sent.
So, not "every year", then.

I doubt that any Crows supporter would be happy about the last 23 years, in total. It's a frustrating drought that's going to continue for a few years yet. 2 real killers for me --- 2017 of course, and the loss to the Saints in 2005 that put us against WCE away in the PF :grimacing: :cry:.

I doubt that any Crows supporter would be happy about the last 23 years, in total. It's a frustrating drought that's going to continue for a few years yet. 2 real killers for me --- 2017 of course, and the loss to the Saints in 2005 that put us against WCE away in the PF :grimacing: :cry:.

Also made 8 prelims since inception so that is almost 1 in 3 years but lost most of them unfortunately. I think it has been hard to bottom out previously as we had ricuitto, Edwards Mcleod and Goodwin who started early in the clubs history and played for 15 years so those players will get you into the eight most years or just outside by themselves so really this time and maybe around 2014 were the first times we could have bottomed out totally.

People calling for selection of Newchurch are off the mark. Kid has the possibility of being a gun, but he aint AFL ready yet. Give him another pre-season or maybe two. Bringing him in too soon could be detrimental to his development.

It's a good result if Newchurch got a game or two in the ones, gets dropped and instead of there being fire, it wrecks him. We've learned we don't need to plan around him making it, as he doesn't have the mental fortitude required.

It's an even better result if it lights a fire under him. Regardless you have an answer about Tarieks mentality.

The reality is debuting Newchurch has absolutely nothing to do with Newchurch. It's all about McAdam. Tariek is just the benefactor of Shane really needing time away from the main side.

People calling for selection of Newchurch are off the mark. Kid has the possibility of being a gun, but he aint AFL ready yet. Give him another pre-season or maybe two. Bringing him in too soon could be detrimental to his development.

And that's the kind of safety first point of view that gets player development nowhere.

Playing games with and against a full squad professional AFL players is far better for a player's development than the SANFL. It has and always will be.

Now if you were arguing it would be detrimental to the club's on-field results you would be correct. But currently that doesn't matter.

We spend more time in 33% of the ladder than anywhere else. It's a trend not an exception.

When I tried to go earlier in the year it was like $70 and $35ish for my son.
Someone told me about the 1/2 price, 3 game membership which I bought, so 3 games for me and my son for $75, was a bargain!
Tickets purchased :)

Hope we score win

When I bought the tickets they told me that everyone still has to wear masks. I asked why given that it's back to full capacity but they said the masks aren't for Covid, they're just because Port fans are so ugly

McPherson cannot stay surely?
McPherson deserves to be dropped but not sure who replaces him. Upon reflection we can't keep playing him out of form or injured so I agree he's out. I would bring Worrell in for Murray and possibly move Murphy into McPherson's spot. The other option is that you bring Jones down back as a direct replacement or restructure the backline.

In: Worrell Sloane O'Connor Jones Newchurch
Out: Murray Hately Rowe McPherson McAdam

Murphy Butts Kelly
Smith Worrell Doedee
Sholl Sloane Seedsman
Schoenberg Walker Jones
Newchurch Himmelberg McHenry

ROB Laird Keays

O'Connor Berry Thilthorpe Mackay

Sub: Fogarty

Last edited:

Tend to agree, to debut him in a game that will most likely be a thrashing isn't a great move. I am all for developing players but I don't think this is the week. When we do pick him we need to be able to give him at least four games in a row.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

??
1) While I'd like to see the Fog back in vs PA (for player-crashing mongrel alone), did you mean "more taxing mentally" than playing a full game? Warming up/down could not be mentally or physically harder than actually playing, surely?
2) How'd you arrive at "effectively played 2.5 games", please?

Fabricating data like that on the Fog to push for his re-selection --- I can't wait to see how Vader responds :sneaky: .
I'm not biting.

Whatever the eventual verdict on Fog turns out to be, it’s something the club should know by now.

When you don’t bite the bullet and invest in talent, when you do it by halves, you end up with a bloke in his fourth year and you still don’t know if he can ******* play.

This is the whole point. We’re having the “is he or isn’t he” conversation about Fog we should’ve been having two-three years ago.

Instead, for that entire time we were forced to talk about the elite football manager Brett Burton. Well that held us in good stead didn’t it

Tickets purchased :)

Hope we score win

When I bought the tickets they told me that everyone still has to wear masks. I asked why given that it's back to full capacity but they said the masks aren't for Covid, they're just because Port fans are so ugly

Used the SACA membership and got a couple of tickets in the Gil Langley Room for a hefty price.

Should be fun.😎

This video popped up on AFL.com.au

The "Phil Walsh" Showdown match. Cant believe its been 6 years.

At the time, the closest Showdown victory and the win had sent us into the 8 where we would remain.

Felt strange seeing the team with Danger, Charlie, Eddie, Thommo with Campo as coach.

Sloane won't be match-fit, but if his surgeon says ok, play him.
Sloane @ 70% >> than half our squad at 100%.
I'd bring him back so long as he can play. As the leader he will inspire the other players to get that aggressive tackling intensity that we had in the first four rounds back onto the field. even if he has a slow day his presence will help us.

Whatever the eventual verdict on Fog turns out to be, it’s something the club should know by now.

When you don’t bite the bullet and invest in talent, when you do it by halves, you end up with a bloke in his fourth year and you still don’t know if he can ******* play.

This is the whole point. We’re having the “is he or isn’t he” conversation about Fog we should’ve been having two-three years ago.

Instead, for that entire time we were forced to talk about the elite football manager Brett Burton. Well that held us in good stead didn’t it
I think this coaching group know he can play, hence picking him off very little form.

For the first time we've given him a role in the 2s and tried at least, to play him in the same role in the senior side. Didn't work so we dropped him back but once again used him in the same role once back in the SANFL.

IMO there's a path for him, it's now up to him as to whether he makes it.

I'd bring him back so long as he can play. As the leader he will inspire the other players to get that aggressive tackling intensity that we had in the first four rounds back onto the field. even if he has a slow day his presence will help us.
His mature body will help the kids if its sloppy conditions on Saturday.

I think this coaching group know he can play, hence picking him off very little form.

For the first time we've given him a role in the 2s and tried at least, to play him in the same role in the senior side. Didn't work so we dropped him back but once again used him in the same role once back in the SANFL.

IMO there's a path for him, it's now up to him as to whether he makes it.

He's a forward, play him as a forward.

Typical AFC to do this.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back