Preview Changes Rd 8 vs Port Power

Remove this Banner Ad

1) I’m saying manage Tex.
2) I couldn’t care less if we win games at the moment, I’m interested in a club that contends and wins premierships which means building our next premiership side.
3) Tex has had his go and we didn’t win a flag, unfortunately.
4) For example, clearly Tex is carrying an injury at the moment and is reverting to the old one hand up in contests circa ‘18-20.
5) Let’s rest Tex for a fortnight and give Fog a go as our main lead up player.
6) At the end of the season, Tex has to be told, if we sign you on you play as a squad rotator/mentor to our younger players, that’s your role.
Thanks for a reasonable and interesting answer :thumbsu: , even if I disagree.
1) that's vastly different from saying that he should be dropped for 10 weeks to give Fog a string of games, but ALL players need to be managed.
2) the Crows will not be very interesting to you for a number of years. I doubt they'll be contending for Top 8 until 2023, and for a Flag until 2025-ish, by which time most of the senior players (especially Tex and Sloane) will be gone. The Hawks' loss was one that got away, Freo as well.
3) Several players from that losing 2017 GF side are playing with the harsh reality that they will not be part of a Crows Premiership side in their careers. Try to imagine what that feels like; dispiriting, to say the least. That would at least partly explain their terrible form last year.
4) It's not that obvious to me. Do you have any inside info, please? He is clearly suffering from dismal delivery to him from our mids especially, who've been smashed in the last 3 games. That one-hand-up that you refer to could also be from double-teaming (much easier to do when the ball is bombed in high, as defenders leave their man to spoil Tex), and having one arm held or blocked. On the lead with good delivery he is elite. If he is allowed space, he can take a hanger like his MotY contender. Oppo Coaches have woken up and Tex is being crowded.
However, if he was not fit (there was talk about an ankle or calf, yeah?), he should not have played.
5) If he is injured/unfit, most definitely. Applies to all players and I'm still dark about the Lynch fiasco. He'd been playing for two weeks with that sore toe and should have been rested.
6) He's on track to be Top 10 in the Coleman (feasible --- if he averages only 1.5/game from now on, he'll finish with about 50 goals; over the last 10 years, the winner's average is about 70 minor round goals) and will be our leading goalkicker, barring injury.
What he negotiates with the Club for 2022 is up to them, not us.

I’m saying manage Tex. I couldn’t care less if we win games at the moment, I’m interested in a club that contends and wins premierships which means building our next premiership side. Tex has had his go and we didn’t win a flag, unfortunately. For example, clearly Tex is carrying an injury at the moment and is reverting to the old one hand up in contests circa ‘18-20. Let’s rest Tex for a fortnight and give Fog a go as our main lead up player. At the end of the season, Tex has to be told, if we sign you on you play as a squad rotator/mentor to our younger players, that’s your role.
P.S. In this article, Nicks signalled what he thought Tex's role would be in 2021, which I'm sure you'll agree he's fulfilled in spades.
After our first 4 games, oppo Coaches have focussed on beating our midfield and crowding Tex, both of which tactics have reduced Tex's effectiveness.
Tex is not holding Fogarty back; Fogarty is.

Just remember, Port rested Boak last week and risked losing to another potential top 4 team (which they did), just so he would be fit for this weeks game against a bottom 4 team.

That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

Combine it with the guernsey farce and their supporters will carry on like they have won the GF this weekend.

Absolutely bang on here!

They will all come out in the prison bars... which if they get approved some how by the AFL... this will be a 10goal drubbing as they will be coming out breathing fire.

Showdowns for them are a really big deal.

They are not that much of a big deal for us... I think the lustre has gone with this group of guys...

I am happy to give him time as he is a natural footballer and i agree he needs to work on his AFL fitness base. Will be a good player imo
His fitness is the issue.. there was a photo of him taken just before round 1 that was floating around and he was in a pretty tight fitting crows training jumper and you could clearly see some decent “muffin tops” just above his waist.. he certainly didnt have a spare tyre or anything but he does have some puppy fat around the midrift..

Probably take another preseason or two before hes 100% AFL match fit.. this s**t doesnt happen overnight for some players.

but hes definatepy got the talent and the determination in spades.

Port want to wear their old jumper so perhaps we can field our old side?!
Might actually improve our chances...
Ex-Crows

FB: Lever - Davis - Hartigan
HB: Gibbs - Keath - Atkins
C: Crouch - Dangerfield - Knight
HF: Cameron - Gunston - McGovern
FF: Stengle - Jenkins - Betts
FOLL: Hunter - Greenwood - Lyons
INT: McKernan - Ellis-Yolmen - Gallucci - Crocker

COACH: Don Pyke
That team would struggle to beat North, I don't won't to lose my more rhan we need to

Hamill and Brown in would be a good boost, and if Sloane could come back in the form he was in pre injury we might kick a couple goals.

Just remember, Port rested Boak last week and risked losing to another potential top 4 team (which they did), just so he would be fit for this weeks game against a bottom 4 team.

That alone should tell you everything you need to know.

Combine it with the guernsey farce and their supporters will carry on like they have won the GF this weekend.
Boak was injured. Personally I'd like the club to rest him again this week.
Why would port be treating this as their grand final? We'll play finals and hopefully finish top 4.

Why would port be treating this as their grand final? We'll play finals and hopefully finish top 4.
1620095054153.png

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was beautiful. Ken's a knob at times I think he was asking for coke zero? You weren't terrible then either.
Pretty sure we have bigger fish to fry than a bottom 4 regulation win at home though.
Goodluck.
1620095309701.png

Injury List

Rory Sloane (eye) test
Will Hamill (foot) test
Luke Pedlar (groin) test
Luke Brown (Achilles) test
Tom Lynch (toe) ongoing assessment
Matt Crouch (groin) 1-2 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 5-6 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 6-7 weeks
Mitch Hinge (shoulder) season
Wayne Milera (knee) season

Hamish Hartlett said on radio that Boak had been carrying the leg injury for a few weeks, but was being rested against Brisbane so he would be right for the Showdown.
If you want to know why, I'd suggest asking your club.

Presuming all the tests are ready to play, I'd go this

Out: Rowe, McAdam, Himmelberg, McPherson, Mackay
In: Sloane, Fogarty, Worrell, Brown, Hamill

B Brown - Butts - Doedee
HB Hamill - Murray - Smith
C Sholl - Sloane - Seedsman
HF McHenry - Walker - Berry
F Murphy - Fogarty - Thilthorpe
R O'Brien - Laird - Keays

I Schoenberg - Hately - Kelly - Worrell

Injury List

Rory Sloane (eye) test
Will Hamill (foot) test
Luke Pedlar (groin) test
Luke Brown (Achilles) test
Tom Lynch (toe) ongoing assessment
Matt Crouch (groin) 1-2 weeks
Daniel Talia (foot) 5-6 weeks
Lachlan Gollant (finger) 6-7 weeks
Mitch Hinge (shoulder) season
Wayne Milera (knee) season
Lets revisit this in 2 weeks time.. It might then have M Crouch (groin) - 2-3 weeks, ie an injury that never seems to get better....much like his brother a few years back

Hamish Hartlett said on radio that Boak had been carrying the leg injury for a few weeks, but was being rested against Brisbane so he would be right for the Showdown.
Long interstate trips with a calf , he was always going to be rested. The fact that we were playing you the week after is irrelevant.
We don't need boak this week.

B Brown - Butts - Doedee

It is about the best line up we could field injuries aside. If ned and murphy can bring the heat in the likely wet conditions, along with Berry, it will help us to be competitive inside forward 50

B Brown - Butts - Doedee

I’d be ok with those changes, but you know DMac will retain his spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Long interstate trips with a calf , he was always going to be rested. The fact that we were playing you the week after is irrelevant.
We don't need boak this week.
You don't. You really don't.
But you still chose to rest him in a game against a top 4 rival, to ensure he was right for a game against a bottom 4 team.

I know its hard for you to fathom as Walker would play even if he only had one leg, but not sending injured veterans interstate to play in the wet is simply sensible.
If you think Boak is the 'difference' between winning and losing, then you're wrong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back