Prediction Changes Rd7 vs Carlton

Remove this Banner Ad

George comes in only if Ebert is out

Berg or Mayes in for Sutcliffe

Marshall gets one more shot. Didn’t remotely look like being a marking threat today after having a couple good weeks and then a stinker last week and this week. Getting to that stage where he needs to start earning his spot rather than being gifted for development.

Marshall is the future and should not be dropped under any circumstance Port are a better team with Marshall playing.

What’s the go with Mayes? Former pick #8, but has never got a crack in his time here. Still only 26. Averaged 21 touches for Brisbane in 2017.

Is he semi-cooked Toumpgove-style or what?
Low risk, high reward. He was drafted as a silky Half Forward, is anything but that #8 pick these days, now a Working Mid. I think he will get a run before the year is out, just an opportunity against the Blues to blood a couple of kids.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

George comes in only if Ebert is out

Berg or Mayes in for Sutcliffe

Marshall gets one more shot. Didn’t remotely look like being a marking threat today after having a couple good weeks and then a stinker last week and this week. Getting to that stage where he needs to start earning his spot rather than being gifted for development.

it’s 2020 and we’ve still got this lot demanding Marshall “earn his spot”

ffs.

it’s 2020 and we’ve still got this lot demanding Marshall “earn his spot”

ffs.

Here's a complete list of all of our players who kicked more goals than Todd Marshall today:

Oh, and here's a complete list of all current Port players who have a better winning record with them in the side than Todd Marshall:

Not currently leading the Coleman though, so I guess it's spud delist time.

Here's a complete list of all of our players who kicked more goals than Todd Marshall today:

Oh, and here's a complete list of all current Port players who have a better winning record with them in the side than Todd Marshall:

Not currently leading the Coleman though, so I guess it's spud delist time.

what is his current winning team record? I love the Todd

Can't underestimate Carlton. They cover our strengths very well - good at stoppages with Cripps et al, three good tall forwards in McKay, Casboult and McGovern, and a defence capable of covering our forwards (though they have no one to match Charlie). They've just had their best game of the year, have a good coach, and are capable of opening us up like Brisbane did.

Our mids rely so much on Lycett - if he's beaten, everything else unravels. Our mids are exposed for pace, our defence is exposed against competent tall forwards, and our ball use drops off the scale.

We can include one of Georgi or Bergmann for Sutcliffe, but not both. If we don't have Ebo, I hate to say it but we may need Bonner to cover for Houston into midfield. We can't drop Westhoff, no matter how much he deserves it, because we might need him to plug a gap if we lose control of the ruck or defence.

Problem if durrsma comes in where does farrel go
There’s prob better forward players but Farrell and Amon are playing well on the wings
I don’t think Hoff should be dropped. He’s the closest thing port have to a plan b if teams start getting on top of us generally he’s the 1 that can be relied on to help sure up the backline

Be aware a defender will definitely come in.
Houston has to stay midfield.
With Sutcliffe out, Houston midfield, leaves 6 Defenders
Perhaps Mayes can play that defender role.
It would be fantastic to see MG come in as the other.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back