Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yuck.

Again, a cross for Clarko at this point, he's giving journeyman and spuds way too much rope.

CCJ has had ample opportunity to "consildate" his spot.

He's had multiple 3-4 game blocks over the last 2 seasons.
I suspect Clarko is giving him every opportunity to consolidate his spot in this new system. We're going to have to come to terms with the fact that CCJ will be in the side for at least a few weeks yet regardless of form. I just hope this confidence in him from the coaches leads to something / anything better than what we've seen in the first two weeks.

Sellers will get his opportunity. There’s always players going down with injuries.., and when they do, Sellers will be near front of the queue

There's that bloke called Charlie Comben.

There's no written rule that says you can't move a player from forward to back again.

He's not going to self combust.
true enough, there's no written rule, but there is the virtue of having of a plan and sticking to it longer than R2

We should have gone with Sellers this week.

We badly need structure up forward.

We're handing Carlton an even greater advantage now when you consider they already have a strong defence.

The only explanation for retaining CCJ - whose confidence is completely shot and who can't grasp either role - is that they don't have confidence in Xerri running games out.

I think that's upside down thinking.

Last edited:
We should have gone with Sellars this week.

We badly need structure up forward.

We're handing Carlton an even greater advantage now when you consider they already have a strong defence.

The only explanation for retaining CCJ - whose confidence is completely shot and who can't grasp either role - is that they don't have confidence in Xerri running games out.

I think that's upside down thinking.

Are we so certain Sellers replaces CCJ? He doesn’t ruck, he’s not a true Key position size.

Is he competing with the others or a bench spot?

Are we so certain Sellers replaces CCJ? He doesn’t ruck, he’s not a true Key position size.

Nothing to do with Sellers replacing CCJ.

Sellers plays as our second KPF and takes a big Defender.

Sellers can come in at the expense of a flanker type if they want to persist with CCJ as the back up ruckman.

I guarantee Larkey would be disappointed that he doesn't have a second KPF next to him

Last edited:

Sellers would demand a KPD in the same way Mihocek or even Jack Darling does.

If sides like Carlton want to put Nic Newman or even McGovern on him, then let them. He will kill them in the air.

But he's clearly not in this week, he can only just keep doing what he's doing in the VFL.

Even with Berman's injury, we still have small defender options in George & Hardeman who are showing good form in the VFL. I'd like to bring one of them in and push McKercher further up the ground to a wing and short stints on-ball.

Lazzaro, Tucker & Stephens are on the chopping block for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The coach says we are trying to settle the team and every 2nd person wants to drop Stephens after 2 games
No one seriously thinks we will win The goal is to develop some system so I think they might switch Ford for Shiels

CCJ can't ruck either :$

I'd rather have a player with presence in the forward 50 that will give players like Kemp and McGovern something to worry about.

Going to be another one of those games where Larkey is fighting 3v1 and their intercept players will feast on forward entry after forward entry.

Apologies if addressed earlier, I am Social Club and sit in the Bay, is it open bay still for this game or is it specific seats? Can't seem to find out online.
You need to reserve a $0 ticket. Check your app/email.

So addresses the HRC straight up and says no questions then cops about 3 straight up 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Then similar with the drug testing scandal as well..... who the hell are these people?? You'd be better off getting kids to interview him
Well, the nightly news bulletin has already been drafted and the reporter sent along to gather the content to fill in the bit after the newsreader says, Clarko has his say on the Human Rights Commission hearing... or Clarko weighs in on the AFL illicit drugs crisis...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back