Preview Changes v Carlton [Good Friday Superclash]

Remove this Banner Ad

Well I do believe TAO told youse there was no changes to be had .

But is it wrong that I get off on Phillip not getting a game . I have nothing against Phillip but I do giggle when youse pump up his non existent tyres .

Arcs youse selfs why he isn't playing is all I'll say

No changes.
You’re backing your players and putting trust into them. Which means they’d want to be giving 110% even with a six day break, perhaps some fatigued legs - they still got the nod from Clarko.

You’re either winning this game. Or getting absolutely smashed.

But even if it was a loss by a smaller margin, the team probably faces the inevitable flow on effect of lowered heads and deflated morale and confidence for an extended time.

I’m not trying to be glass half empty but they really, really need to nip this in the bud before it becomes toxic again like the past 3 years.

Last edited:
Well I do believe TAO told youse there was no changes to be had .

But is it wrong that I get off on Phillip not getting a game . I have nothing against Phillip but I do giggle when youse pump up his non existent tyres .

Arcs youse selfs why he isn't playing is all I'll say

Not sure how much form against Preston is going to count. They’re at the bottom of the ‘ain’t much chop’ ladder. Particularly when their best couple of players are picked off.

What’s the old fella’s mail on Phillips? He’s behind LDU, Wardlaw and Powell as midfield only players. If I was him, I’d be inviting those 3 around for a mushroom risotto.

Not sure how much form against Preston is going to count. They’re at the bottom of the ‘ain’t much chop’ ladder. Particularly when their best couple of players are picked off.

What’s the old fella’s mail on Phillips? He’s behind LDU, Wardlaw and Powell as midfield only players. If I was him, I’d be inviting those 3 around for a mushroom risotto.
Well he like a few believe we may get a second rounder at years end for Phillip.

Well he like a few believe we may get a second rounder at years end for Phillip.

I actually think Will is a tidy player. Not going to be easy for him though. McKercher is going to get midfield minutes. So is Sheezel. Plus there’ll likely be another one coming with a top 3 pick at the end of the year.

But he’s one injury away from getting an extended crack at it. So we’ll see.

I just want to say, with all my heart. * those campaigners at AFL house.

We campaign for decades for a Good Friday marquee game, and they keep knocking it back, finally they give in, realise its a fantastic idea (shock horror) and then within 5 yrs they start scheduling a second game on the day regularly.

You can’t see any improvement in the team from last year? The system the structure, the list? The competitiveness against top teams?

Nothing to back in?

I know we are a different team now with a different coaching group but we absolutely demolished Collingwood and then eventual premiers Richmond in 2019 under Shaw, we also had a good patch at the tail end of 2021 where we got 3 wins + a draw, and were competitive in every other game while simultaneously being lauded as the 'best wooden spooner ever', and last year we won our first 2 games before ultimately falling in a massive hole for the rest of the season. I'd say all of those at the time were seen as sure signs of improvement.

We've had false dawns before so I don't think it's unreasonable for people to be reserving judgement until we see some actual tangible progress over a large enough period of time (ideally wins but also demonstrate the ability to arrest momentum and a sustainable gameplan), but that seems to be an unpopular opinion.

Anyway, North by 19 points. Duursma to kick 3 and McKercher with 28 touches and a goal.
Can't see us getting over the line if it's a close one (you just know what the umpires will do if the margin is close at 3QT) so hope we come out firing.

If we are going to persist with CCJ (which we shouldn’t be) , I feel he needs to play deeper and Larkey higher.

Larkey is getting absolutely mobbed deep inside 50.

If he can lead further up the ground then double his man back, it will not only create a potential mismatch behind him as the crowd drawn to him will be further up field, but also an option for our slick ball users coming off half back.

How we have arrived at a fit Comben in the VFL and CCJ stinking it up in the seniors is beyond me.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This.

The way the club has treated Charlie is pretty poor.
He is a natural forward, rucked last year for us, then spent the entire pre season learning the back half for us and they are sitting him in the twos in no man’s land.

Just give him a run of games forward.
Agree. It's clear we could really use him forward or back, but he's neither. WTF are they waiting for?

No change was a shock to me and many others.
So I touched base with my source and he told me it’ll remain like that next week as well due to father round being in Adelaide.
So we can leave ccj there after the game and landing in Avalon so lazzaro can just go back to Geelong.
Interesting times ahead

So you don't think that if one of our starting mids were injured that they wouldn't move Jy there and pop someone else on a HFF?
I think his way in is if one of LDU, Powell or Wardlaw get hurt. That's what I was referring to.

From what I've seen so far, Jy's role will be hf pushing up as the extra mid.

I don't see a way in for him unless that happens.

We disagree. That's OK.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Kind of confused how the seating works today. My fam all reserved our $0 ticket separately (L1 social club members) and so have different rows but same seat number on all of our tickets. Does this mean we can’t sit together?

Against Fremantle and GWS, we were not awful in all facets of the game, but obviously also were not as good as we should have been to win at least one of them. We need to start stronger or it will be another long day for the Roos.

Losing our first 3 is obviously not ideal if we want to do anything this season or at least improve our position in the table from last season(Which tbh is not asking much).

Can't watch it live here from the USA but will be watching the replay tomorrow.

Let's get it done boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back