Preview Changes v Hawthorn - Marvel Stadium, Sun 21 April 4:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

From watching a bit of the VFL, part of me already wants to see Curtis Taylor brought into the side.

I get we've all written him off, but he might still have more to offer on the wing than both Tucker and Stephens.

However, if we're adjusting the wing rotation I'd prefer if Archer came in and pushed Scott up the ground. Archer will never be that damaging rebounder, but he might be the best medium defender on our entire list. Scott has been fine down back, but I'm still not comfortable playing all of Fisher, Sheezel, and Scott down back, and we all know Scott's best spot is on the wing.
Yep that wing spot is still wide open

CT should come into contention

The pressure is nervewracking lol. If Eagles keep up their recent form then I don't know where our next win will come from. Would have to catch an average team on a bad day, not ideal at all... we have to beat the Hawks here.

A win, against a team at our level is exactly what we need

WC win against Richmond will now give them hugeee confidence into the next game even though Tigers are missing half their team and not in great form.

Last edited:

Ben Jacobs would be a great addition to this team. Exactly what we need. Although would be 32 now.
His * contract conflict of interest might be a sticking point but then again it wasn't when their incoming coach ruled on our assistance package.

The fact that Mitchell gave his players a rocket after last week's game saying it wasn't up to AFL standard has me pretty worried for this week. He'll have them pumped up for sure!
Was thinking about this. Calmest heads might win this one.

We're pretty good over the last decade at throwing a bunch of haymakers that don't land only to watch ourselves get KO'd on the scoreboard.

If Hawthorn can adrenaline dump early and we can somehow play to structure for 4 quarters that might be the best. Coming out "breathing fire" trying to match bluster might just give the umpires a free shot at violating us early (Carlton like this).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So the Hawks have ruled out Breuuuust , Jiath & Lewis Mitchell … unless I’m missing someone that really leaves them with only Chol as their real tall forward . The rest are shorter than 180-185cm Or shorter . Unless they do a wildcard & send Sicily forward.
Question: Do we need to be playing all of Chom , Nyuon & Corr all in our back line ?
Don’t want to go in too tall & slow…
Thoughts ?

Reckon Mitchell will try to stop LDU and Sheezel. Let's hope some other guys can step up to help.
Maguinness will do to Sheezel because Mitchell will want to play him on the forward line and also LDU isnt damaging at the moment..

Changes I’d like to see is that the sooks not going or watching - keep it to yourself
who cares seth meyers GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Round 1-5

So far, we’ve played 5 teams that are all top 8 teams with a median loss of 56 points. That means we are approx 9 goals per game behind a top 8 team.

Round 6-10

We only play possibly a single top 8 team (likely to be the 8th placed team) and I would not be surprised if we shock a few people with some big wins.

This is the most crucial block of games to tell us how long the rebuild will take.

If we win a got chunk of games in this block convincingly, we are approx 2-3 years away from contenting for 8th.

If we lose most of the games in round 6-10 then we are a very long away from an 8th spot…

Personally, I reckon we will win a good chunk of round 6-10 matches with some being very convincing wins…

So the Hawks have ruled out Breuuuust , Jiath & Lewis Mitchell … unless I’m missing someone that really leaves them with only Chol as their real tall forward . The rest are shorter than 180-185cm Or shorter . Unless they do a wildcard & send Sicily forward.
Question: Do we need to be playing all of Chom , Nyuon & Corr all in our back line ?
Don’t want to go in too tall & slow…
Thoughts ?
Corr will get Hardwick, has been playing on smaller types including greene

Chom on chol
Biggie on Ramsden

Will mean lmac on ginni

OUT: Corr McDonald Tucker Stephens Fisher
IN: Hardeman Phillips Archer Bergman Zurhaar

Ring the f***ing changes.
5 in and 5 out.

But watch Clarko bring Zurhaar in for Sellers and call it a day.

B: Bergman Biggy Archer
HB: Hardeman Comben McKercher
C: Scott LDU Ford
HF: Duursma Sellers Simpkin
F: Curtis Larkey Zurhaar
R: Xerri Wardlaw Sheezel
I: Powell Phillips Drury Greenwood
S: Lazzaro

Remove this Banner Ad

Back