Changes v north

Remove this Banner Ad

Naughton and lloyd out
Trengove/sweet and weightman/Dickson in

Throw English forward and the bigger ruck can take Goldstein.
So that we don't go to extremely young I'd pick one of the senior blokes with one of the pups

Out: Naughton, Lloyd

In: Young, Weightman

Really want to fit Trengove in to help English out but I know Beveridge will throw him in the deep end again. English will be better for it.

I cant think of any other players to omit.

We are playing a desperate and relentless style, so I can't see us bringing Schache in.

I'd like to see Lachie Young get a gig.

Out - Lloyd, Naughton
In - Trengove, La.Young

(Log in to remove this ad.)

North will likely play a forward line with Ben Brown and Larkey. Has Ben McKay been playing. Also have Zurhar. Would perhaps be better to play Trengrove to play on Larkey and Cordy on Zurhar. Trenners can give English a rest from Goldy.

I reckon Naughty for Young. Lloyd for Trengrove.

Disappointed if the rumours that Lachie Young has dropped off a bit - his marking and kick would make him valuable. Duryea should be back soon too. One of these will likely replace Butler / who was good but is still a kid.

Wildcard could be Lin Jong coming back or going for Weightman.

North will likely play a forward line with Ben Brown and Larkey. Has Ben McKay been playing. Also have Zurhar. Would perhaps be better to play Trengrove to play on Larkey and Cordy on Zurhar. Trenners can give English a rest from Goldy.

Disappointed if the rumours that Lachie Young has dropped off a bit - his marking and kick would make him valuable. Duryea should be back soon too. One of these will likely replace Butler / who was good but is still a kid.

IN: Shache/Dickson, Jong as second ruck

Last edited:

Larkey is injured atm.

Not to start an argument, but after reading the post-game chat and also some of the posts here I don't understand the logic of bringing in Sweet or Trengove as a ruckman with the intention of playing English forward. English is arguably coming off his best two games for us and now you want to make structural changes because he's coming up against a premier ruckman? For those that didn't notice he led us for disposals and marks tonight and also ranked inside the top five for clearances and metres gained. So why are some people advocating sticking him inside forward 50 and taking away most of his strengths? I have no issue in conceding the hitouts to Goldstein, because I have full confidence in our midfield to get the job done against theirs. I think English can do a number on Goldstein around the ground, Goldstein generally plays 95% of game time so I don't think he'd be able to match it with English around the ground for the entirety of the game. There was a passage of the play in the second half where we were rebounding out of D50 and English gapped their ruckman by about 15 metres in a matter of seconds, he didn't get the ball in this instance but it illustrates just how quick he is opposed to lumbering ruckman. I think he can cause some real headaches for Goldstein around the ground, and particularly a headache for Brown by slotting in front of him taking those intercept marks in the D50. I'm not against the idea of bringing Trengove in purely as a defender to help with their talls, but I think if we keep up the midfield pressure and not give them good entries inside 50, we'd absolutely maul them on the counter-attack because their forward pressure is non-existent.

Out: Lloyd, Naughton
In: Trengove/Young, Jong (if fit)/Dickson

Not to start an argument, but after reading the post-game chat and also some of the posts here I don't understand the logic of bringing in Sweet or Trengove as a ruckman with the intention of playing English forward. English is arguably coming off his best two games for us and now you want to make structural changes because he's coming up against a premier ruckman? For those that didn't notice he led us for disposals and marks tonight and also ranked inside the top five for clearances and metres gained. So why are some people advocating sticking him inside forward 50 and taking away most of his strengths? I have no issue in conceding the hitouts to Goldstein, because I have full confidence in our midfield to get the job done against theirs. I think English can do a number on Goldstein around the ground, Goldstein generally plays 95% of game time so I don't think he'd be able to match it with English around the ground for the entirety of the game. There was a passage of the play in the second half where we were rebounding out of D50 and English gapped their ruckman by about 15 metres in a matter of seconds, he didn't get the ball in this instance but it illustrates just how quick he is opposed to lumbering ruckman. I think he can cause some real headaches for Goldstein around the ground, and particularly a headache for Brown by slotting in front of him taking those intercept marks in the D50. I'm not against the idea of bringing Trengove in purely as a defender to help with their talls, but I think if we keep up the midfield pressure and not give them good entries inside 50, we'd absolutely maul them on the counter-attack because their forward pressure is non-existent.

Out: Lloyd, Naughton
In: Trengove/Young, Jong (if fit)/Dickson

I want English to still be the main ruckman, but I also think it’d be good for him to have someone to come in and give him a chop out if he starts getting monstered. I’d prefer Trengove because he can contribute in the backline too, then come in and ruck if English needs a break.

OUT: Naughton, Lloyd (both injured), Dale (suspended)

MY INS: Schache, Trengove, Dickson

BEVO'S INS: Porter, Sweet, Weightman. Emergencies will include Khamis and Garcia (on crutches) and Ewen MacPherson as the runner.

Bevo is like a gambler on a crazy streak. He will have a real adrenalin high after the last two weeks and will want another fix.
After a couple of early losses with Gowers, Gardner etc he has made brave but successful calls with unknown debutants and is pursuing a game style built around youth, speed, pressure and inexperience.

To be honest I have no idea at all if Schache is ready, in form or likely. He could be underdone, or in the doghouse with Bevo for other reasons.
Lewis Young is of course a possibility but I wonder if Bevo uncharacteristically does decide to give English some support against this year's form ruckman Todd Goldstein that he might bring in Trengove or Sweet and let whichever one it is alternate about 50% with English through either the forward or the backline.

Then he might decide not to replace Naughton with a KPF at all but have a small forward line of Bruce, West, Vandermeer, Wallis, Dickson and some rotating mids like Lipinski and McLean. He might even bring Gowers back as a FF ... FFS.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back