Preview Changes Vs Golden Toast

Remove this Banner Ad

Moyle is still going to be tough in the hitouts for English being a very solid / strong lump of a ruck, but around the ground English should kill him. Unless he has seriously improved his tank, that's been his main issue so far and he won't be able to go with Tim contest to contest.

I imagine Hardwick might try and have a more mobile tall like Lukosius go with English after the initial hitout.

I think Bevo would love for the final team for Sunday announced Sunday. That way he can hide his selection plunders from bulldogs bigfooty posters for another 2 days.

Last edited:
Here are the pressure points difference per player from the pre-season match at York Park to R1, just 9 players recorded an improvement in pressure points which is damning considering we were coming off a pre-season match which naturally should be lower pressure.

PP.png

For those wondering how pressure points are calculated...

Pressure Points: Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2.

“He and our whole group understands now we’re in a period of evolution again …the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.”

So you select a side without Macrae and Daniel and the same thing still happens, so maybe then the issue isn't with demoting a 3x All-Australian and another All-Australian but actually with consistently selecting below-average players or the fact that nothing has seemingly changed in our playing style since 2021, which directly reflects on the quality of the coaching.

There are seemingly two major issues over the past few years that almost all Bulldogs supporters get extremely frustrated with, the first is the continued selection of players like Baker, McNeil and Vandermeer over the likes of Bendendo, Clarke and Cleary who have actually shown decent form. This isn't a new problem, we've seen it constantly over the years with Gardner, Hannan and McComb, The second being our total lack of change in regards to defending forward half turnovers and conceding streaks of goals. Any other team would've fixed that up over one pre-season and here we are three seasons later with the exact same problem.

So we've now reached the phase of just blatant hypocritical lies, first with fitness and strength and now selection. Who is he trying to fool?

Listen for the bell Bevo, it tolls for thee
Who needs to pick promising draftees when you can just pick delisted retreads instead.....!

It’s alright he’s due to ping a hammy soon anyway, that’ll at least keep him out of the side

Did you seriously just wish one of our players did a hammy to get him out of the side?
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Here are the pressure points difference per player from the pre-season match at York Park to R1, just 9 players recorded an improvement in pressure points which is damning considering we were coming off a pre-season match which naturally should be lower pressure.

View attachment 1935927

For those wondering how pressure points are calculated...

Pressure Points: Weighed sum of pressure acts. Physical pressure acts are worth 3.75 points, closing acts are worth 2.25 points, chasing acts are 1.5 points and corralling are 1.2.
I just don't see why McNeil & VDM are in the team if that's their supposed 'role'. You look at Westy's pressure points at more than double those two guys despite playing a similar role. One guy showed up and two didn't, yet all 3 retained their spots.

In: Darcy, Daniel, Poulter/Baker
Out: Lobb, Harmes, McNeil

Realistically, I don't think we can complain TOO much about team selection this week. Other than Macrae for VDM and potentially an additional KPD (Keath isn't much of an option), it's probably as good as we would get this week.

In: Darcy, Daniel, Poulter/Baker
Out: Lobb, Harmes, McNeil

Realistically, I don't think we can complain TOO much about team selection this week. Other than Macrae for VDM and potentially an additional KPD (Keath isn't much of an option), it's probably as good as we would get this week.
We did get a good 22 and a half hours of complaining in though before the final team was announced

Gold Coast have gone pretty tall with Moyle, Casboult, King, Lukosius and Walter all playing. Their backline is a bit short though with one of Jamarra or Darcy likely to get a guy quite a bit shorter, unless maybe Lukosius goes back?

Our listed ins says it all 3 of the 4 are cast offs Poulter and Baker delisted, Duryea unwanted by the hawks filled a role for awhile but well past his best now. Add McNeill rookie list and Coffield not wanted by the saints and we have a lot of bargain basement players. Probably the one bargain basement who could be a player JOD is not in the team after recovering from concussion.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our listed ins says it all 3 of the 4 are cast offs Poulter and Baker delisted, Duryea unwanted by the hawks filled a role for awhile but well past his best now. Add McNeill rookie list and Coffield not wanted by the saints and we have a lot of bargain basement players. Probably the one bargain basement who could be a player JOD is not in the team after recovering from concussion.
JoD isn't available because of concussion.

Coffield was wanted by the Saints. Their supporters really didn't want him to go either

Duryea whilst not loved by the Hawks is a premiership player and played a wonderful role for us for many years (2021 GF wouldn't of happened without Duryea)
Coffield was very much wanted by the Saints, top 10 draft pick, and when fully fit has played excellent football (one of the major reasons the Saints did what they did to us in that EF)
Poulter got pushed out by Nick Dacios, fair.
Baker & McNeil is bargin basement, I'll give you that

Bit harsh to paint them all with the same brush.

I'm thinking Darcy will spend time down back, sitting in front of King. Otherwise, Lobb vs Darcy is line ball (noting in 12 months hopefully Darcy is well in front).

Macrae was poor last year, so I'm not surprised there is pressure there for him to be fitter rather than to tolerate mediocrity.

Bout as pessimistic as you can get 😂

Some more comments this week from those in the media claiming it MAY take some time for us to gel and get used to the new “game style” and new coaches. That’s all I’m hanging my hat on at the moment.
Gel… do other teams take time to “gel”? Isn’t that what the preseason was for?

Aren’t a new game style and coaches supposed to galvanise and rejuvenate a stagnant team, again in the preseason? Like what happened when Beveridge first came in?

It’s pointless discussing the team until it is announced.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

AFL Team | Round 2

Western Bulldogs v Gold Coast Suns
Sunday, 24 March, 1:00pm AEDT
Mars Stadium, Ballarat • Wadawurrung
Broadcast: Fox Footy/Kayo

B: Lachie Bramble, Liam Jones, Nick Coffield
HB: Ed Richards, Buku Khamis, Jason Johannisen
C: Bailey Williams, Adam Treloar, Harvey Gallagher
HF: Ryley Sanders, Aaron Naughton, Cody Weightman
F: Rhylee West, Jamarra Ugle-Hagan, Laitham Vandermeer
FOLL: Tim English, Marcus Bontempelli, Tom Liberatore
INT: Oskar Baker, Caleb Daniel, Bailey Dale, Sam Darcy, Caleb Poulter

EMG: Taylor Duryea, Lachlan McNeil, Rory Lobb

In: Oskar Baker, Caleb Poulter, Sam Darcy
Out: James Harmes (suspension), Lachlan McNeil (omitted), Rory Lobb (omitted)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back