Coach Chris Scott re-signs to 2022 (aka the Chris Scott discussion Part IV)

Do you support Scott coaching from 2020 onwards?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a single one. Never happened.
Actually the posters who are copping the most s**t at the moment are the ones who aren't upset about not making finals and happy for the club to build again.
How the f**k someone could excrete that post out of their arse is beyond me.
Specially when he picks us to win the flag like he did in "Where will we finish this year" thread and posters he said can't stand the sight of the club not winning a premiership every year picks us accordingly and don't give us much of a chance.

Every club that experiences success has a small minority that are just here for the good times. Fair weather sailors, the lowest fans a club can have.

Yes, there are some, who reveal their true nature and motivation quite quickly.

But there are also some who can generally debate with reasonable balance and will acknowledge fair points made, without resorting to insults and gloating.

Partridge, for one, is a poster who, to my mind, provokes thoughts and consideration of an alternative pov with his posts.

The minority I ignore.

Last edited by a moderator:

But there are also some who can generally debate with reasonable balance and will acknowledge fair points made, without resorting to insults and gloating.

Partridge, for one, is a poster who, to my mind, provokes thoughts and consideration of an alternative pov with his posts.

The minority I ignore.
I don’t even mean on here specifically

The minority I ignore.
I find the whole thing very strange indeed.
So people who aren't happy with parts of the club and still watch every game are 2007 fairweather flogs. Hmmm.
I thought they'd be more likely to cancel their accounts when we lose.

I find the whole thing very strange indeed.
So people who aren't happy with parts of the club and still watch every game are 2007 fairweather flogs. Hmmm.
I thought they'd be more likely to cancel their accounts when we lose.
I think we just have a few here on both sides of the Great Divide who like to provoke a good argument/discussion/stoush/reaction...
It goes a bit far sometimes, but it's nothing if not entertaining.

I think we just have a few here on both sides of the Great Divide who like to provoke a good argument/discussion/stoush/reaction...
Yeah I'd be lying if I said I didn't often enjoy it.
Especially during the off season.
Anyway I've got a Warriors match to get home and watch, been a diehard fan since a few years ago and always will be until the day Curry leaves

Yeah I'd be lying if I said I didn't often enjoy it.
Especially during the off season.
Anyway I've got a Warriors match to get home and watch, been a diehard fan since a few years ago and always will be until the day Curry leaves
Not sure what you're talking about, but curry leaves go well in good masala.

It goes too far, too often...... It quickly becomes personal, barbs get thrown, and the whole discussion becomes worse than a childish spat in the playground.

It goes too far, too often...... It quickly becomes personal, barbs get thrown, and the whole discussion becomes worse than a childish spat in the playground.
True. But maybe we need thicker skins.
The mods are pretty good at not letting it go beyond a bit of argy-bargy.
Mature discussion is great, but there's nothing like a nice childish tantrum to produce a few laughs!

True. But maybe we need thicker skins.
The mods are pretty good at not letting it go beyond a bit of argy-bargy.
Mature discussion is great, but there's nothing like a nice childish tantrum to produce a few laughs!

Agreed....... Again!

I'm not one to take offence at the first word, and admit that I often get a chuckle from the to and fro here, but often too get annoyed and embarrassed with the way some conduct themselves.

Of course I keep forgetting that not all here are adults.......

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed....... Again!

I'm not one to take offence at the first word, and admit that I often get a chuckle from the to and fro here, but often too get annoyed and embarrassed with the way some conduct themselves.

Of course I keep forgetting that not all here are adults.......
It takes all types!
Got to admire the ones who cop it but keep coming back for more.

Looks like this thread is degenerating into a forum for personal swipes, point scoring and name calling. Not much mention of Scott on this page that I can see...

Back on topic or its closed again...

I think there is a clause in CS's contract that if results are poor this year, there is a get-out. Nothing official, just what I was told when in Geelong last week as if it was common knowledge.
That , along with the review process, and the described new found bonding and camaraderie, and playing for each other, all augurs well for this year and beyond.
There is every reason to give CS the benefit of his record (albeit poor in finals), the review, and the fact he wants to continue despite this apparent widespread hatred of him.

I think there is a clause in CS's contract that if results are poor this year, there is a get-out. Nothing official, just what I was told when in Geelong last week as if it was common knowledge.
That , along with the review process, and the described new found bonding and camaraderie, and playing for each other, all augurs well for this year and beyond.
There is every reason to give CS the benefit of his record (albeit poor in finals), the review, and the fact he wants to continue despite this apparent widespread hatred of him.
I've heard the same thing. Apparently it's a one year pay out if we were to move him on.
Dunno how accurate it is though.
You obviously know I'm not a huge fan but I was happy to support him this year anyway, and for us to offer him another contract if certain things really improved.
But the contract was done early and then he didn't turn up to exit interviews again.
Not a great start.
Let's hope that improvement comes.
I don't mean flags or anything either before everyone jumps on with that crap.

I've heard the same thing. Apparently it's a one year pay out if we were to move him on.
You obviously know I'm not a huge fan but I was happy to support him this year anyway, and for us to offer him another contract if certain things really improved.
But the contract was done early and then he didn't turn up to exit interviews again.
Not a great start.
Well that eliminates you as one of the walk-ups mentioned below?
Wrong. Some of these posters are 2007 walk-ups and can't stand the sight of the club not winning a premiership every year so they spend their miserable existence in here with their tail between their legs in search of a bone.

Not a great start.

Keep those eyes peeled spazz by seasons end we may have some real movement

Let’s hope there is a clause, and it’s not just some rumour.

Not a great start.

What do you mean he didn’t turn up for exit interviews? Menzel said he did.

Are you basing that on rumours or fact? Seems like too much stuff get’s thrown up as fact when no one knows for sure. Someone throws it out as a rumour, and suddenly some people start using it as fact.

Not a great start.

So maybe the early contract renewal was given because:
A) it has a heavier weighting on his performance this particular year
B) it incorporates an out for the club, with a reduced cost, and
C) they decided one more year of Scott with those conditions is better than anything anyone else could offer in 2019?

Let’s hope there is a clause, and it’s not just some rumour.

What do you mean he didn’t turn up for exit interviews? Menzel said he did.

Are you basing that on rumours or fact? Seems like too much stuff get’s thrown up as fact when no one knows for sure. Someone throws it out as a rumour, and suddenly some people start using it as fact.
I only got it from the Addy (below) and certain people talking about it on SEN (so not a strong case lol)
It is also understood that Scott was not in attendance for several of the recent exit interviews, which raised the eyebrows of a former senior coach no longer at club land.

Never heard the club deny it, only then heard Cook saying they've identified that CS needs improvement in communicating to players.
Never read Menz saying that sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back