Opinion Chris Scott's coaching - PART III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Todays selections were absolutely staggering. The fact we only lost by 18 points moreso. But match selection killed us. Parsons for Buzza ruined our forward structure.
What did our lord and commander Scott say in his presser tonight?

No idea, personally I'm more worried about Cook saying they have a KPI that they must play sub 10 game players every week..
I didn't hear it so I don't have a direct quote but it's staggering.

No idea, personally I'm more worried about Cook saying they have a KPI that they must play sub 10 game players every week..
I didn't hear it so I don't have a direct quote but it's staggering.
The quote was 5 x sub-50 gamers in the H-Sun today.

Thanks CE.
I’d rather the KPI being “pick the best 22 possible to win”...
It’s actually not that hard in the current environment to achieve it. Today we had:

Menegola
Gregson
Stewart
McCarthy
Parsons
Parfitt
Guthrie
Kelly
Henry
Cunico
Fogarty

Four of those are best 22 so it’s not hard to get one more in.

It’s actually not that hard in the current environment to achieve it. Today we had:

Menegola
Gregson
Stewart
McCarthy
Parsons
Parfitt
Guthrie
Kelly
Henry
Cunico
Fogarty

Four of those are best 22 so it’s not hard to get one more in.

I just can’t fathom why it’s a selection requirement.
If our best 22 had 2 sub 50 or 22 is irrelevant to the goal of winning Premierships, unless the club doesn’t believe we can?
In which case I’m certain, with how they’ve managed the list the last few years, that is even worse.

I just can’t fathom why it’s a selection requirement.
If our best 22 had 2 sub 50 or 22 is irrelevant to the goal of winning Premierships, unless the club doesn’t believe we can?
In which case I’m certain, with how they’ve managed the list the last few years, that is even worse.
Here’s the full quote with the pertinent part bolded:

JA: How are the Cats currently placed?
BC: Key decisions have to be based on both one and five years, with Gary Ablett 34 and Joel Selwood 30. When Chris Scott first came on board one of his KPIs was to always play five players with less than 50 games each week. Of course you can’t always do it but this year we’ve played a heap. If you don’t play the kids now, in five years’ time we won’t be any good. It’s a very exciting time, probably the most adventurous for a long period of time. The kids may get tired but we know they can play. We have a lot of home games left this year and players constantly coming back from injury.

But TBH I don’t think we are picking too many that aren’t deserving. I’d have played Thurlow ahead of Zuthrie but we’d still hit the 5 x 50 doing that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But TBH I don’t think we are picking too many that aren’t deserving. I’d have played Thurlow ahead of Zuthrie but we’d still hit the 5 x 50 doing that.
No issue with the intent here, they're trying to look to the future and put in place targets to aim for in that regard. Doesn't mean it's always attainable but that's a KPI really, sometimes they can't be achieved.

It’ll be Scott’s fault for selecting Guthrie. It’s not hard to predict.

Exactly. If we and everyone else knew it was a bad idea. Why would he select him?

I've given up trying to understand the logic behind these selections.

It’ll be Scott’s fault for selecting Guthrie. It’s not hard to predict.
Just on ZGuthrie, kid has proved he is a spud at AFL level this season nearly every game. Other players like Henry, Parfitt show real promise straight away. Thats what we want! We got to stop giving out games to players who haven't earned it. They can learn in the VFL.

Just on ZGuthrie, kid has proved he is a spud at AFL level this season nearly every game. Other players like Henry, Parfitt show real promise straight away. Thats what we want! We got to stop giving out games to players who haven't earned it. They can learn in the VFL.

Zac is a victim of Scarlo, Scarlo has backed this kid in all the way,not the MC, time to move on and accept it hasn't quite worked out in his early development.

But when do we decide that the less than 50 gamers are good enough to become the experienced players. This KPI makes no sense as we will , and have been for the past 6 seasons, playing with one hand tied behind our back. Sure give the kids a go but surely in any situation, in any workplace you always use the best, play the best. You don't continually experiment on an on-going basis
This statement and the stupidity of Harvard KPIs confirms my worst fears since 201, that is we are not playing to win a premiership, we are playing to meet some random KPI made up by who knows who for some pseudo scientific reason.
Poor bloody players.

But when do we decide that the less than 50 gamers are good enough to become the experienced players. This KPI makes no sense as we will , and have been for the past 6 seasons, playing with one hand tied behind our back. Sure give the kids a go but surely in any situation, in any workplace you always use the best, play the best. You don't continually experiment on an on-going basis
This statement and the stupidity of Harvard KPIs confirms my worst fears since 201, that is we are not playing to win a premiership, we are playing to meet some random KPI made up by who knows who for some pseudo scientific reason.
Poor bloody players.
Where have we not been playing the best 22?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back