Official Club Stuff Coaches box changes + SANFL Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Great appointment, if he coaches half as good as he played we'll do very well.

Jacob-Surjan-5496951.jpg

Great appointment. He will be a role model to young men on structures, disciplines, team roles and competitiveness required to play at the highest level, the Port Adelaide way.

I think its a good appointment. Inexperienced, but according to Keith Thomas' public statements, the intent is to give everyone in the port adelaide club access to the AFL coaching staff as well. Surj will have a great environment to learn (Richardson, Hinkley, Hocking etc) in and so will the players! :thumbsu:

Good stuff by the club as he is a very good link between the Power and Magpies.

He might be from WA but he took up the Creed especially when he transferred from Central Districts after not getting a run there in their league side. I also love how he and Sal were coaching the kids, U/16's I think, when he was still on the Power list

I would have been happy with Cochrane running the Academy team but this is even better! Well done Port!

Cochrane's role has been upgraded. he is doing player welfare + development coach stuff + something else mentioned on the radio the other day.

Cochrane's role has been upgraded. he is doing player welfare + development coach stuff + something else mentioned on the radio the other day.

Magpies development or Power development?

Magpies development or Power development?

From AFL link
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/afl/coaches

STUART COCHRANE – Development Coach
Coaching Career
2013 - current Port Adelaide Football Club (AFL) development coach
2009-2012 Port Adelaide Football Club (AFL) welfare and development manager
2008 Port Adelaide Football Club (AFL) development coach
Playing Career
1998-2002 North Melbourne Football Club (AFL) - 50 games
2003-2005 Port Adelaide Football Club (AFL) - 54 games

From new SANFL link
http://www.portadelaidefc.com.au/sanfl/season-2013/coaches-and-staff
Stuart Cochrane - Development Coach, SANFL Assistant
Playing Career
50 AFL games, 11 goals for North Melbourne (1998-2002)
54 AFL games, 6 goals for Port Adelaide (2003-2005)
Coaching Career
Port Adelaide development coach, 2008, 2013-present
Port Adelaide welfare and development manager, 2012-2009

So he has lost the player welfare stuff. maybe the new role that I heard is that he doing both AFL + SANFL development stuff.

Marcus Drum has picked up player welfare as noted previously.

Ah yeah that's right in the Daniel Flynn story it said "the club’s new welfare manager: ex-Fremantle and Geelong defender Marcus Drum". So looks like Stuie only recently gave up the player welfare role not 2012 like both pages of the website say, to expand his development roles to both parts of the club.

Looks like Tredders' information was wrong and Jacob Surjan has been appointed coach of the Academy team.

Don't like the sound of this at all.
Not Surj's appointment - which is just great - I mean Tredders passing on Rucci-like misinformation.
Could it be he's been spending too much time with Jarman and it's starting to rub off on him?

What did Tredders say? I thought surj was the obvious one for the position

What did Tredders say? I thought surj was the obvious one for the position

Go back a page. Tredders said Mark Clayton got the job.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Slattery?

Ah yeah forgot about him. What was his story, recruited by the magpies, worked for the power and sanfl clubs whingeing.

..... I mean Tredders passing on Rucci-like misinformation. ......
I've posted before that despite being an ex-player Tredrea doesn't have any more idea of what is really happening behind closed doors at the PAFC than most members. His Supreme Casualness runs a watertight tight ship. :thumbsu:

Ah yeah forgot about him. What was his story, recruited by the magpies, worked for the power and sanfl clubs whingeing.

Does anyone know what has happened to Slattery? I saw him being interviewed last Xmas at the Port Club and he was really decent guy. I know that Port were not going to pick him up as a player but that hey were impressed with his character and hence him working as a development coach for the reserves.

Am now intrigued as to what happended to him...If anyone knows, can you post?

Aaron Greaves as ruck coach has been profiled as a driving force behind Matt Lobbe's development.

074159-a5824b42-ecaa-11e3-bb45-046f3d36ad52.jpg

Meet Aaron Greaves
Lobbe is fulfilling the promise he showed at the end of last season and has entered the All-Australian discussion as the midpoint of the season approaches.
“It’s been great to be able to challenge him on some of the outside perceptions of his game which he probably hadn’t heard,” said Greaves, who has found a willing partner in Lobbe.
“He’s a leader, he wants to be good and he’s a real competitor, so for me it’s about facilitating the program rather than actually having to drive it.”
Meet Aaron Greaves

"Hinkley needed a replacement for outgoing development coach Daniel Healy and ruck coach Shaun Rehn and headhunted Greaves, who he knew from his time coaching Bell Park in the GFL."

Ken obviously knew Aaron's coaching abilities and capacity for hard work to have him cover 2 coaching positions at our club. Another important piece in the puzzle that is Ken's make over, in his own image, of our group.

Watching Aaron's work at training and during the breaks at SANFL games it certainly appears he is a great asset.

I would seriously consider getting a rugby (union) coach to work with our players with the way the game is going. A few strategies for clearing clean ball out of packs and congestion could be invaluable.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back