Roast Collingwood Banner

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be quite happy for the whole banner thing to disappear and players simply run out onto the field. It may tradition, but it doesn't mean it isn't stuck back in the seventies.

So true. They have lost all relevance in today's age, are a waste of paper and are noticed by so few people now that they're covered in ads.

The Pies fans stretched right around the southern wing and above too. The Ponsford was all Pies and so was most of the Olympic stand. There were a few scattered patches of Cat fans. Don't get defensive. Geelong has a big supporter base and that is why I was surprised by their lack of presence at the game. As for it being the most euphoric you have seen Geelong supporters- are you serious? Better than winning your flag in 2007? Please. I know we are a huge scalp, but you flatter us far too much with that statement.

The Pie fans around me sung their hearts out all through the last term -it was quite inspiring. I think it was annoying the small sprinkling of Cat fans who wanted to see misery and anger - we made more noise than the Geelong crowd even after the siren. One bloke stood in front of the group madly waving his Geelong scarf and taunting the Pie fans and everyone just laughed at him. Poor boy looked a little foolish.

Don't know if you've been to a grand final lately, but pretty much nobody there actually supports the clubs playing, so there isn't much euphoria. The mainly West Coast supporters surrounding me in 07 weren't that excited.

As for the Pies being just like any other club-if that were the case we would not be so hated and people from neutral clubs would not be salivating over our defeat. You all know that we are unique, even when losing games, people want to read and write about us!

Anyway-you are playing in another grand final and we are not. Hopefully a few more of you will turn up for the big dance.

No, the Pies are just another club. You are hated because you insist that you are somehow different, as evidenced by the banner. Just. Another. Club

The Pies fans stretched right around the southern wing and above too. The Ponsford was all Pies and so was most of the Olympic stand. There were a few scattered patches of Cat fans. Don't get defensive. Geelong has a big supporter base and that is why I was surprised by their lack of presence at the game. As for it being the most euphoric you have seen Geelong supporters- are you serious? Better than winning your flag in 2007? Please. I know we are a huge scalp, but you flatter us far too much with that statement.

The Pie fans around me sung their hearts out all through the last term -it was quite inspiring. I think it was annoying the small sprinkling of Cat fans who wanted to see misery and anger - we made more noise than the Geelong crowd even after the siren. One bloke stood in front of the group madly waving his Geelong scarf and taunting the Pie fans and everyone just laughed at him. Poor boy looked a little foolish.

As for the Pies being just like any other club-if that were the case we would not be so hated and people from neutral clubs would not be salivating over our defeat. You all know that we are unique, even when losing games, people want to read and write about us!

Anyway-you are playing in another grand final and we are not. Hopefully a few more of you will turn up for the big dance.

Clearly you didnt go to the goals at the Punt Rd end. Alot of Cat fans going banana's. It was spine tingling stuff!

Pussies were too good but where were your supporters? The roar for the Pies was spinetingling -the cheers for the Cats were distinctly underwhelming. Aside from the group behind the goalsquare it seemed to be wall to wall Collingwood. In 2007 it seemed far more balanced. Perhaps the Pussy fans are saving themslves for the GF.

Well in fairness you only had to cheer about 7 times where as we were doing it all night!
If you had stuck around for the last quarter you may have found it quite deafening! ;)

The Ponsford was all Pies and so was most of the Olympic stand. There were a few scattered patches of Cat fans. Don't get defensive. Geelong has a big supporter base and that is why I was surprised by their lack of presence at the game.

The Pie fans around me sung their hearts out all through the last term -it was quite inspiring. I

You talk nonsense my friend. I was in a Geelong section in the Ponsford. The only noise Collingwood supporters made in the second half was booing their own players.

The Pies fans stretched right around the southern wing and above too. The Ponsford was all Pies and so was most of the Olympic stand. There were a few scattered patches of Cat fans.

So you walked around the entire ground and did a survey of who was supporting who, did you?

The Pie fans around me sung their hearts out all through the last term -it was quite inspiring. I think it was annoying the small sprinkling of Cat fans who wanted to see misery and anger - we made more noise than the Geelong crowd even after the siren.

Either you weren't sitting near an effects microphone, or you were joining in with the Geelong chants, as that's all you could hear on TV in regards to crowd noise in the last quarter.

If whats written on the other teams banner offends you so much, go outside, get a breath of fresh air and refresh your perspective.

Seriously, it's just a slogan the cheer squad makes up to pump up the players/crowd, it means nothing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

'we fight harder cos it means more to us' is a buckley quote used in a collingwood membership drive... its all about trying to get a few more members...
might be arrogant but its just a slogan...
i mean your song says your the 'greatest team of all' which is very debateable as well considering you even sing it in seasons you don't go very well.

That's what happens when we play our home finals at your home ground.
Why would would the AFL let only 20,000 people watch the game at the ground when they can play it at the MCG where the winner will be playing next week and fit 100,000 people in it. I think there was 80,000 people at the game. 60,000 miss out. And who cares what the banners says it means nothing. It just a few lines put together by some crazy fans who probably know nothing about footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back