Opinion Commentary & Media II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe this is a new plan for a new era. Maybe this is based on feedback that Brad Scott received after 8 years at the helm and with the changing demographic of the list. I suggest that under Pagan and Carey, first year players were expected to shut up and do as they were told. Was that wrong for the time? It's possible that in 2011, with the list as it was then, it was inappropriate for an 18 year old taken in the rookie draft to speak up in team meetings. With the current list, things have changed. It may still be inappropriate for an 18 year old rookie to comment on tackling pressure in a game review meeting in which he did not play. On the other hand, I imagine the senior players are encouraging the input of Jy and LDU among others on matters that involve them.
I'd be gob smacked if we hadn't been encouraging the likes of LMac, Dumont, Durdin and VW to not speak out (Well maybe i wouldn't).

To be more specific....KT should find time......when he's not too busy talking about trading him
Remember when everyone was pissed at trading out Schwatta?

What about Geelong folk trading out Colbert? They got Mooney and Enright out of that. People go on about the F/S pick up's but that trade gave them over 600 games for the club while we got 100 from Colbert. We'll be lucky to get 100 games from JZ.

What about Geelong folk trading out Colbert? They got Mooney and Enright out of that. People go on about the F/S pick up's but that trade gave them over 600 games for the club while we got 100 from Colbert. We'll be lucky to get 100 games from JZ.

Regardless of what you think of Ziebell the player, he’s clearly loved by his teammates and he’s our captain. It would really put the players off side. It would be dumb.

Geelong traded Colbert because they had to. Schwass wanted to go.

Regardless of what you think of Ziebell the player, he’s clearly loved by his teammates and he’s our captain. It would really put the players off side. It would be dumb.

Geelong traded Colbert because they had to. Schwass wanted to go.
I think JZ is a good player, and he's growing into the roll of captain well. But, if I pull my heart out of it I can honestly say if we are going to trade anyone he will get us the best ROI. And you're right, there would be players that get up set but we can just make Scotts the scapegoat and then sack him! Or we can send the players on a preseason camp like Adelaides and that should take their mind of it.

I think JZ is a good player, and he's growing into the roll of captain well. But, if I pull my heart out of it I can honestly say if we are going to trade anyone he will get us the best ROI. And you're right, there would be players that get up set but we can just make Scotts the scapegoat and then sack him! Or we can send the players on a preseason camp like Adelaides and that should take their mind of it.

Haha. I’d love to know what went on at that camp.

Anyways, trading Ziebell is not even worth discussing Because it just won’t happen. Especially not now. How could you try to retain players, like Brown for example not leaving for massive money when the club shows no loyalty the other way.

This is such a stupid thing to be discussing because he’s not going anywhere. Listen to the podcast that snake posted, you might change your mind on his worth.

Anyways, trading Ziebell is not even worth discussing Because it just won’t happen. Especially not now. How could you try to retain players, like Brown for example not leaving for massive money when the club shows no loyalty the other way.

This is such a stupid thing to be discussing because he’s not going anywhere. Listen to the podcast that snake posted, you might change your mind on his worth.
Ok then...lets get back to SACK SCOTTS!!

I really don't see any benefit of trading JZ that would make us better as a team.

Not only is he our spiritual captain, he plays a valuable role in our fwd line that makes it more of a headache for opposition defenders in entirety and easier for other forwards due to the flexibility he provides. And then can go in the middle when we need him.

This one is always salt in the wound, I was adamantly against it at the time.

I mean trading a young competitive, smart KPF who just played in a flag, another (enforced) trading of a very talented young marking forward who just played in a flag and all your draft picks of value for a player I thought was way overrated (his year off had people imagining he was Kouta circa 1995 by the end of it) plus David ******* Calthorpe.. what could've possibly gone wrong?

Not sure I see eye to eye on this Ziebell stuff though unless you're playing a long trolling game.

This one is always salt in the wound, I was adamantly against it at the time.

I mean trading a young competitive, smart KPF who just played in a flag, another (enforced) trading of a very talented young marking forward who just played in a flag and all your draft picks of value for a player I thought was way overrated (his year off had people imagining he was Kouta circa 1995 by the end of it) plus David ******* Calthorpe.. what could've possibly gone wrong?

Not sure I see eye to eye on this Ziebell stuff though unless you're playing a long trolling game.

#32 for Calthorpe.

LOL.

However, my favourite trade from that year was Stephen O'Reilly from Freo to Carlton for #16 &#46.

He went on to become the whistleblower for their paper bag salary cap.

Gold.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

#32 for Calthorpe.

LOL.

However, my favourite trade from that year was Stephen O'Reilly from Freo to Carlton for #16 &#46.

He went on to become the whistleblower for their paper bag salary cap.

Gold.
Just to make this trade even golder (not sure that's a word, by anyway....)

Stephen O'Reilly's son is a reasonable prospect to be drafted this year, having won the WAFL u19s goalkicking and playing senior footy at East Freo last year. A good father-son choice for the Dockers, you'd say?

No, Freo traded him after playing 98 games.

Just to make this trade even golder (not sure that's a word, by anyway....)

Stephen O'Reilly's son is a reasonable prospect to be drafted this year, having won the WAFL u19s goalkicking and playing senior footy at East Freo last year. A good father-son choice for the Dockers, you'd say?

No, Freo traded him after playing 98 games.

Then there is Shane Clayton.

99 games.

Would have been a beauty playing back in the glory days in the 70’s and 90’s.
Play with mongrel and celebrate for two days

Definitely born in the wrong era.

He would never have had to radically alter his natural instincts.

I think folks tend to overlook that a bit.

Hey GR, is there anyway of listening to the hour long JZ interview for those without iTunes?

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app
There's an app on the google play store called castbox, which has a massive database of podcasts, including these captain call ones. I believe castbox can also be accessed via your internet browser. I assume it's on itunes too

Lol...you are only catching up now on this?

If the season goes pear shaped wait for KT to get rolling on this one.....again

There's an app on the google play store called castbox, which has a massive database of podcasts, including these captain call ones. I believe castbox can also be accessed via your internet browser. I assume it's on itunes too
Awesome. This worked. Thanks L23.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back