Official Team Thread Coney Island Warriors | Season 33 Team Thread | Frankston Rover Medal Ceremony Run & Won - Congratulations A Swallow & FootyGuy13!!

Remove this Banner Ad

For the fourth time in Coney Island history, and the first time since harry000 did it with a young whippersnapper named Bob, we have a tie and as a result joint Frankston Rover Medallists for season 33 - the Wing Twins of A Swallow and FootyGuy13! Ending up on 38 votes each, both put up outstanding numbers over the season and are richly deserving of joining the pantheon of B&F winners at Coney Island!

Both polled in a club high 13 out of 18 games, with Guy matching pantskyle in a team high four games where he polled the maximum 5 votes while Swallow had the longest polling streak of 10 games between rounds 3 & 12.

Third place on 36 votes went to oldmate who lead at the halfway point, with Elton Johns Wig finishing his tenure in persimmon in fourth place on 35 votes and TheInjuryFactory coming home with a wet sail to poll maximum votes in the last two games to finish fifth on 31 votes. If we had have played more finals who knows what would have happened?

The top ten were rounded out by pantskyle in sixth on 30 votes, then forwards BEEG and Piggy Smalls tied in seventh place on 18 votes, veteran TubbsFarquhar in ninth on 11 votes, and tenth place tied between Lord_Flashheart & Snuffaluphagus on 6 votes apiece!

But please join me in charging your glasses and congratulating your joint season 33 Frankston Rover Medallists - A Swallow and FootyGuy13!!
Countback !!!

Congratulations to the winners Elton Johns Wig & BEEG, great to have you back BEEGy boy and nice to share a swag with you ever so briefly Wiggy.

Top show Tonga Bob, these BnF nights are a brutal slog behind the scenes, so well played sir. :thumbsu:

Congratulations to the winners Elton Johns Wig & BEEG, great to have you back BEEGy boy and nice to share a swag with you ever so briefly Wiggy.

Top show Tonga Bob, these BnF nights are a brutal slog behind the scenes, so well played sir. :thumbsu:
Beginning to think the Penix had the right idea by stretching it over two nights. Oof!!!

The f*ck did you just call me???
number-of.gif

You can't count you campaigner.

Last edited:
FRankie medal concept.png

For the fourth time in Coney Island history, and the first time since harry000 did it with a young whippersnapper named Bob, we have a tie and as a result joint Frankston Rover Medallists for season 33 - the Wing Twins of @A Swallow and @FootyGuy13! Ending up on 38 votes each, both put up outstanding numbers over the season and are richly deserving of joining the pantheon of B&F winners at Coney Island!

Both polled in a club high 13 out of 18 games, with Guy matching @pantskyle in a team high four games where he polled the maximum 5 votes while Swallow had the longest polling streak of 10 games between rounds 3 & 12.​
Uruguay Shirt Off GIF by Football Australia
Happy Lets Go GIF by Football Australia
Lets Go Reaction GIF

WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT I'D ACTUALLY WIN SOMETHING

Actually, I think a few people guessed that I'd get an accolade sooner or later but I just can't believe I won after I did all the match and counted the votes myself. So let me check my notes...

I would like to thank Bob for giving me a midfield role despite there being better and more prominent posters in the team and for always backing me in (Bob told me back in Round 4 that I can't say he doesn't do anything for me so...), I would like to thank TIF for putting up with me during his captaincy and surviving getting run over by that bus I threw him under, I would like to thank harry000 for recruiting me from the eAFL and for making me the only person who remembers the eAFL after the first Covid lockdown. I would like to thank Headless for sending me a recruitment PM every off-season to remind me that I am kinda relevant in the league. I would like to thank BLUEALLTHRU for creating a thread about the Warriors the day of the presentation so that everyone could witness this win. I would also like to thank Chipmunk and por_please_ya for their recruitment PMs every off-season despite my insistence on calling them the "Penix" and that they have an ugly jumper (just swap the Green and Gold around and it'd look mint). I would like to thank serial_thrilla for helping me understand why Rebecca Black's Friday has so many views on YouTube and for calling me "non-successful" in his last Posting Review. I would like to thank Mobbs for giving me this perfect signature even though he doesn't understand why I love it or what the reference is. I would like to thank the Hollywood Academy for teaching me how to fake melt whenever someone wrongs me. I would like to thank my Mum and Dad for raising me up to be whatever I've turned out to be. I would like to thank the astrologists for making up star signs so that I could be a Leo and the beach for letting me have long walks along it. I would like to thank Steve Buscemi for being such a great and memeable actor that I, and others, can enjoy.

And I would like to thank A Swallow for technically doing a better job protecting the other side of the field than me. I don't know how I managed to tie in votes with you (maybe because I give myself votes) and the fact you won without getting a single BOG for the season means you must have been in the votes way more than what I was. It'll be a Battle of the Ages when our teams meet this upcoming season and I sure do hope I don't get you as an opponent.

Thank you for coming to my TEDtalk.

and @FootyGuy13 had some avatar takes that bordered on shithousery.​

View attachment 1457356

The Wooshette Medal

Back in Season 26, then skipper Frankston Rover announced that the leading goalkicker each season for the Coney Island Warriors would be crowned with the Wooshette Medal.

With ten Warriors kicking over 10 goals in season 33, we had more snags than Bunnings on a Saturday arvo. However as arguably the most successful full forward in Warriors history remained in the position, it was no surprise that three-time Wooshette Medal winner BEEG added a fourth medal to an already straining neck after kicking 64 goals to lead all comers. His best for the season was a seven-goal effort in round 13, while he kicked five on another five occasions.

Wazzas, please give it up to this season's Wooshette Medallist in BEEG! Congrats on another productive season, here's to many more.

Great job mate well done.

Frankston Rover Medal Season 33 Postscript - In Memoriam
1658879927129.png

Hello again everyone it is I, Dear Leader.

In last night's celebratory haze there was a topic that I deliberately failed to mention so as to not kill the vibe. The vibe was on life support as it was and I'm not the sort of Islander to pull a plug.

* 🚨 SEGUE KLAXON NOISES 🚨 *

And speaking of pulling plugs, this postscript is dedicated to three Wazzas who depart our persimmon shores. I called this bit 'In Memoriam' which is usually reserved for people who have died and, although these people are still alive and well, they will no longer be Wazzas so really they're dead to us.

The first person is Elton Johns Wig who we knew would only be a part of us for one season, using Van Cortlandt Park as a transit location between the Furies and the OOF's. As the reigning beez Medallist he came with much fanfare whose time was curtailed somewhat with a super exciting career opportunity - our loss was the beer industry's gain. Wigs left his mark early in the season with his Pwned Trophy winning exploits in round 1, and continued to contribute during the season, but the inclusion of Sweet's 13th team sealed his fate as a Wazza. He goes with our blessings, except when we line up against the Old Farts when we must break him Ivan Drago style.

The second person is A Swallow who we hoped would have stayed longer, however like the Shakespearean tryst between the Montagues and the Capulets some unions are doomed from the outset despite all intentions. Mark Knopfler once said "The dice was loaded from the start" when he tried to one-up the Bard, and I think in this case he got it right. When Swallow joined he said "Put me in a position, keep me there, and I'll do a job for you". And boy did he ever! Leading the League's wingers for disposals (and second most for all players) which for a winger is their KPI indicator (shut up I know what I did there), our Maverick became one of a select few who earned B&F awards at two separate clubs in consecutive seasons. The lure of home has proved too great however, as the Siren call of Dragon Island has meant his time as a Wazzas is also short and sweet. He also goes with our blessings, albeit not quite understanding the attraction.

The third and final person is NaturalDisaster who leaves after four and a half seasons at Coney Island. Arriving at the club during the mid-season trade period of season 29, he has achieved a lot since crossing over. Two All-SFA guernseys (CHF in s29 & FB in s31), Wooshette Medallist in s30, Frankston Rover Award in s29, Coney Island Leadership Group member, and a little matter of being League Administrator; he leaves Van Cortlandt Park as one of the most decorated people in modern Sweet history. Like A Swallow, ND is off to a spiritual home of sorts as he heads to the Furies who are a bit like a career criminal down on their luck but with good looks and a give zero f*cks attitude. ND left saying "I think I can fix them". Well all the best with that, if anybody can turn a train wreck around you would be in the top three. Five at most. You too leave with our blessings and our gratitude.

Thank you all for your service gentlemen, you had a good run.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The first person is @Elton Johns Wig who we knew would only be a part of us for one season, using Van Cortlandt Park as a transit location between the Furies and the OOF's. As the reigning beez Medallist he came with much fanfare whose time was curtailed somewhat with a super exciting career opportunity - our loss was the beer industry's gain. Wigs left his mark early in the season with his Pwned Trophy winning exploits in round 1, and continued to contribute during the season, but the inclusion of Sweet's 13th team sealed his fate as a Wazza. He goes with our blessings, except when we line up against the Old Farts when we must break him Ivan Drago style.
I am so glad I chose to join the Warriors.

I honestly thought the expansion was at best a 50/50 call, and sadly/happily, yes, my activity has been curtailed this last season due to a career change. I contributed what I could, but I know it wasn't to my usual standards, and it probably didn't meet expectations. I can say with absolute conviction if the bid failed, there is no doubt I would have stayed a Wazza. I really enjoy the vibe you have here.

There were a few reasons I wanted to be a part of this great club. One, was that Tonga Bob is a rare unit, and I needed to experience that from the inside. One of the highlights that occurred outside the forum was meeting Tonga and Riviat in person and having a couple of beers. I know there is a connection there that will continue for a long time. A lot of the times things go to s**t around here, it's a case of crossed wires and a general lack of understanding. I've been in favour of a meet up for a while, I think it would enhance the Land of Sweet.

Along those lines was a long held respect, and a general butting of heads with TheInjuryFactory. Always one of my favourite media performers, it was after speaking with him in PMs I realised that the reason we butted heads was we were probably more similar than perhaps we cared to admit.

One of the absolute elite who has generally been in the opposite camp to me is pantskyle. I still have no idea whether he thinks I'm an absolute faaaarrrkwit or a half decent bloke, I love him, none make me laugh harder, and as a pure poster, there's not many I rate higher. Amongst the best ever seen when it comes to a battle of wits, both in quality and pure speed of retort. My wish is for more pants, lots more pants.

Also, NaturalDisaster. He, unlike pants, is pathetic in a battle of wits. If he bantered against himself he'd find a way to lose. I don't call him Dumbarse for no reason. But I genuinely like him, and have had an ongoing PM with him for some seasons now. He cops his fair share of crap, but his heart is usually in the right place and he's done a lot of work around here.

Thanks everyone, when I was a Furie, I looked forward to playing the Wazzas because we were generally cooking up some harebrained scheme to piss them off. I'll now be looking forward to playing the Wazzas to reunite with friends. (and pissing people off :p:p:p)

Cheers

Wiggy

Superb effort last night and this morning Tonga Bob.

One question - how was the maple Imperial Stout?
Bloody good, and enough to get me through last night. First of six different varieties that I have to try from the Elton Johns Wig Beverage Concern and I'm looking forward to the rest.

I am so glad I chose to join the Warriors.

I honestly thought the expansion was at best a 50/50 call, and sadly/happily, yes, my activity has been curtailed this last season due to a career change. I contributed what I could, but I know it wasn't to my usual standards, and it probably didn't meet expectations. I can say with absolute conviction if the bid failed, there is no doubt I would have stayed a Wazza. I really enjoy the vibe you have here.

There were a few reasons I wanted to be a part of this great club. One, was that Tonga Bob is a rare unit, and I needed to experience that from the inside. One of the highlights that occurred outside the forum was meeting Tonga and Riviat in person and having a couple of beers. I know there is a connection there that will continue for a long time. A lot of the times things go to s**t around here, it's a case of crossed wires and a general lack of understanding. I've been in favour of a meet up for a while, I think it would enhance the Land of Sweet.

Along those lines was a long held respect, and a general butting of heads with TheInjuryFactory. Always one of my favourite media performers, it was after speaking with him in PMs I realised that the reason we butted heads was we were probably more similar than perhaps we cared to admit.

One of the absolute elite who has generally been in the opposite camp to me is pantskyle. I still have no idea whether he thinks I'm an absolute faaaarrrkwit or a half decent bloke, I love him, none make me laugh harder, and as a pure poster, there's not many I rate higher. Amongst the best ever seen when it comes to a battle of wits, both in quality and pure speed of retort. My wish is for more pants, lots more pants.

Also, NaturalDisaster. He, unlike pants, is pathetic in a battle of wits. If he bantered against himself he'd find a way to lose. I don't call him Dumbarse for no reason. But I genuinely like him, and have had an ongoing PM with him for some seasons now. He cops his fair share of crap, but his heart is usually in the right place and he's done a lot of work around here.

Thanks everyone, when I was a Furie, I looked forward to playing the Wazzas because we were generally cooking up some harebrained scheme to piss them off. I'll now be looking forward to playing the Wazzas to reunite with friends. (and pissing people off :p:p:p)

Cheers

Wiggy

Damn, wish I knew you were at the Warriors last season, I may have posted.

hey pants, he's at the Warriors this season too
yes but who's on first?

All this team swapping is like being a contiki tour, and I know coz I've been on a few, where everyone swaps partners every night and end up sleeping with everyone else (within reason and within your sexual preference, NTTAWWT).

So I consider our depraturees as now sleeping with the enemy.

View attachment 1457326

Sin City Swamprats 22.13 (145) defeated Coney Island Warriors 19.16 (130)

There was optimism in the air as we travelled Underground to face the Sin City Swamprats in a bottom of the table clash that gave us a decent chance to register our first win against a team we have done well against in recent seasons. We also had the chance to test the hypothesis where calling a milestone a significant event will change our fortunes in the game (for those playing at home - we lose most milestone games). It was a very low key week with posting numbers reflecting this, although there was still an even spread of contributors which is great to see. Despite one of their posters trying to start a fire early on without knowing how to light a match, there were some decent interactions in there - notably pants and ShaunDuggan playing off each other, Kennedy Parker proving what the SFA missed in the past season or two, Ant Bear proving he's still alive and philreich making philreich noises. They've also found one with the Gravy Train.

As far as the game itself went, it was another case of the opposition hitting the lead early and keeping it for the duration, despite several spirited fightbacks. Who knew that being five goals down at quarter time would be detrimental to a team's success hey? We had the third highest score of the round which was fantastic, unfortunately our opponents had the highest. We even had the same number of scoring shots as the Rats, however inaccuracy proved to be the deciding factor. Anyhoo, it was the same margin as the the 2013 AFL grand final so I'm particularly triggered which leaves us as still the strongest team in the competition and, along with the Dragons, the butt of those stupid Owen gags.

Our numbers on the whole were pretty good. 12 of us had at least 15 disposals, 7 of us has at least 5 marks and 12 of us kicked at least one goal. Highlights for mine were the form of the centreline, with FootyGuy13 A Swallow and Elton Johns Wig all adding to already impressive seasons, the work of the halfback line of Raveneyes Lord_Flashheart and Volbeat for providing an impenetrable yet short wall (with TheInjuryFactory also putting his finger in the proverbial dyke after a decent shift in the guts, Freofalcon being moved to ruck rover and showing the sort of form that earned him a Mobbs Medal like 47 seasons ago, BEEG finding form up front with five goals, the two goals from milestone man TubbsFarquhar and the efficiency of one-kick-one-goal Mofra up front, and debut goals from rookies adogsfan5 and Mesc. The former kicked two goals in a row after being moved to the forward line to give us some much needed momentum, while the latter had an extraordinary eight (8) shots on goals and provided great forward pressure which resulted in goals for his teammates. Some would point out that one goal and seven points is not a good day at the office, but glass half full Bob says that equals two goals one point. And just like horny uni student me on a cheap drinks Thursday night at Coronado's in Claremont in the 1990's, if you're having shots you'll have a chance.

Rich (BB code):
SCS SENIORS Vs CIW SENIORS
SCS               7    4        12   5        17   11       22   13   145 
CIW               3    3        9    6        14   10       19   16   130     
SCS        HO  K  M  H  T  FF FA G  B   Dt  CIW         HO  K  M  H  T  FF FA G  B   Dt
sataris     0  8  0  3  0  0  1  0  0   27  Raveneyes    0  8  7  11 2  1  1  0  0   73
jackster83  0  10 5  7  0  0  0  0  0   59  adogsfan5    0  10 8  7  1  0  3  2  0   75
GotTheGood  0  11 5  9  1  0  2  1  0   70  NaturalDis   0  7  3  4  0  0  0  0  0   38
edgie       0  8  2  10 0  0  0  0  0   50  Volbeat      0  9  5  9  0  0  1  0  0   57
Quadzilla   0  5  5  12 1  0  2  0  0   52  TheInjuryF   0  10 0  8  3  5  0  1  1   70
Jewelsbon   0  7  2  5  2  2  0  0  0   47  Lord_Flash   0  11 9  12 1  1  0  0  0   89
Power Raid  0  12 7  12 0  1  0  1  1   89  A Swallow    0  15 2  11 0  2  0  1  1   82
Ant Bear    0  16 7  10 3  0  1  1  2  106  Elton John   0  11 5  11 0  0  0  0  0   70
darthmann   0  10 6  18 2  0  2  0  0   86  FootyGuy13   0  12 6  16 1  0  0  1  0   96
ant555      0  13 6  13 1  1  3  1  0   85  pantskyle    0  3  3  6  1  0  0  0  0   34
philreich   0  9  9  8  0  0  3  1  4   71  TubbsFarqu   0  8  5  5  2  1  2  2  0   64
ShaunDugga  0  7  2  7  1  1  0  1  0   52  Piggy Smal   0  10 4  8  0  1  1  1  3   65
RPCB        0  1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    9  Mesc         0  8  1  1  0  0  0  1  7   42
Catsnlaker  0  8  0  0  0  0  0  6  2   62  BEEG         0  6  0  0  2  0  0  5  1   57
HirdsTheWo  0  6  0  1  2  0  1  5  1   56  Mofra        0  1  0  0  0  0  0  1  0    9
GremioPowe  22 16 0  13 1  1  1  2  2  112  Tonga Bob    12 9  0  8  4  3  0  1  1   81
Kennedy Pa  0  11 0  9  3  5  1  1  0   71  Freofalcon   0  13 0  6  4  4  2  2  1   78
Firestarte  0  12 0  20 6  1  0  0  1  102  Dinsdale     0  6  0  9  0  1  1  1  1   41
Marklar_33  0  3  2  4  1  0  2  0  0   21  PhatBoy      0  5  4  4  2  0  1  0  0   40
Grav        0  3  5  2  1  0  0  1  0   38  Ambrose Bu   0  3  0  1  0  0  0  0  0   11

Votes:

5) FootyGuy13
4) Lord_Flashheart
3) A Swallow
2) BEEG
2) Freofalcon

1) Bob, T.

Tagged and didn't even get a vote, WTF.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back