List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 24 41.4%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 6 10.3%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 13 22.4%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Other

Votes: 9 15.5%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
So we're trading BW for Baker and having Hatley as an inside mid.

My Lord people!!! Just imagine Jamo/Barnett in the ruck and Hatley inside mid. Some people must love 200 point losses.

Ruscoes stats are actually very good in a forward line generally starved of opportunity; I haven't seen him play at WAFL but remember him at AFL having early Yeo like qualities.

Ruscoe looks a level above, even in a shit team he looks like a bully playing u/12’s. Mot much WAFL defenses can do to stop him tbh.

I’m still yet to even hear if Ruscoe has nominated for MSD. There was nothing about Ruscoe nominating or us being interested in him in MsD, or any other club for that matter.

I have read one article that mentioned Ruscoe as someone who might get picked up amongst a bunch of other names. Can’t remember which one so aren’t able to provide a link

And on the recent coast to coast podcast that had Ruscoe, Nelson and Rotham they did joke about Ruscoe kneecapping someone to open up a spot so he could get picked up

I have read one article that mentioned Ruscoe as someone who might get picked up amongst a bunch of other names. Can’t remember which one so aren’t able to provide a link

And on the recent coast to coast podcast that had Ruscoe, Nelson and Rotham they did joke about Ruscoe kneecapping someone to open up a spot so he could get picked up

If Ruscoe does/has nominated I’d be pretty confident he would get picked up. He’s had a pretty impressive stint with Beagles.

I think we’d like to take someone in MsD while not losing Ruscoe and weakening BEagles any further.

I guess I’ll wait until we hear one way or the other, but I have a sneaky suspicion we’ve told him to wait until the end of the year and we will pick him up as a DFA.

I dont really disagree with your thoughts im just not sure the club will see it the same way.

I doubt the club will delist both witho and rotham. And as it stands ledwards seems more unlikely then likely to be delisted.
You’re probably right tbh, so much will depend on our FA targets and draft that this far out it’s hard to say who will or won’t go but those are the players I don’t see a medium term future at WCE for. If we don’t get anyone in trade week and take 3 picks to the draft then that cut will be fr more shallow.

This has logic to it. Bailey has had a great 18 months plus we have been very vocal his best role is as a KPF. A KPF is almost always worth more than a ruck and Lynch is possibly cooked (or at least his last 2 seasons have been mainly in rehab). All this leads to Bailey being probably the same in trade value as Baker.
He has literally no postivie exposed form as a KPF and i dont think tigers are gonna take our word for it.

I think bakers value is inflated due to tigers circumstances and lack of surrounding talent. Just feel like we will be forced to over pay for a guy who is closer to a role player then a difference maker.

Not against giving BW for him, just not sure tigers will jump at that one. And in no way, shape or form should our first pick be comprimised (ie trade down to facilitate the trade) to get baker in..

Its probably moot point with BW anyway as he wants to be at the club, just signed a contract and eagles arent the team who ship players out against thier will.

I think bakers value is inflated due to tigers circumstances and lack of surrounding talent. Just feel like we will be forced to over pay for a guy who is closer to a role player then a difference maker.

There’s no getting around the fact that Baker is a role player. A versatile flanker

But….. A lot if his value also rests in his on and off field leadership. He plays the game “the right way” small bloke who’s hard at it.

He’s the very opposite to many of our players who can at times be conditional and flaky.

He’s the perfect player you want to bring in and surround young players around.

There’s no getting around the fact that Baker is a role player. A versatile flanker

But….. A lot if his value also rests in his on and off field leadership. He plays the game “the right way” small bloke who’s hard at it.

He’s the very opposite to many of our players who can at times be conditional and flaky.

He’s the perfect player you want to bring in and surround young players around.
He would be a good aquisition no doubt. but i dont think it means we should overpay

On a side note the eagles player podcast today they discussed the msd and trey. They expressed hope we pick him up.

Oscar in particular was glowing of ruscoe and mentioned he has brought a lot to the club in terms of positive culture.

Not saying we should take him. But its an intersting internal mindset.

Looks so fetching in red and blue, WAFL club pedigree irresistible, manly but with movie star ⭐️ looks, coupled with roguish boy next door charm that makes you want to offer up your daughter (if you had one) to him.

Wait, did I just post my inner thoughts?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On a side note the eagles player podcast today they discussed the msd and trey. They expressed hope we pick him up.

Oscar in particular was glowing of ruscoe and mentioned he has brought a lot to the club in terms of positive culture.

Not saying we should take him. But its an intersting internal mindset.
I feel that a spot on the list in the MSD was the carrot that was dangled in front of trey to get him to sign onto the Beagles list .

He has filled his side of the bargain if that is the case .

He started the season playing on the wing but had to move him forward due to lack of options .

He could be that tall rangey winger in the embley mould

I shudder with fear when i hear we are haggling for and chasing Baker because i just don't trust the club to be hard nosed at the trade table and be willing to p*** people off and walk away if we can't get what we want at a price that suits us after the last 5 - 8 years.

If we can get Baker on the cheap then fine, even though i think he is a bit over rated to start with, he is a bit old for our time horizon and he is at the peak of his powers now and will only decline from here so we are buying at the top tick in market parlance. But i am against handing over high draft picks for him and i fear once we get into the meat of the negotiations we will get tunnel vision again and not be capable of walking away if the price is too high.

That being said, there are a bunch of people in positions at the club replacing the some of the crew that made those bad calls so maybe the clubs approach to trading will have improved.

Yeah and we see Bailey williams for baker the same way,even saw Baker is a role player apparently but you're offering him close to 1 mill a season lulz

Baker is worth more than Williams

Baker is a role player. A good one, but still a role player

Who knows what the offer is, last I read we hadn’t actually made one yet

This was posted on the draft board which echoed my thoughts on this game:

“I watched the second half of the Bendigo Pioneers vs Northern Knights on Sunday. It was the first time I've been able to watch a Coates Talent League game this season. The Pioneers well and truly got run over in a game that could have gone either way halfway through.

Tobie Travaglia. He stood out when I watched Bendigo play last season. But the way he played on the weekend has proven to me that he is one of the best in the class. Travaglia had as good a game as a halfback could on the weekend. He kicked 2 goals, and he racked up a ton of the ball (31 disposals). His run and carry from halfback are as good as I have seen. He tried his best where others faltered (namely, Archer-Day Wicks). He didn't necessarily show it on the weekend, but his defensive abilities might be just as good. He can certainly lockdown an opponent. If he plays like he did on the weekend at the National Championships, I don't think it would be a stretch for a team in the top 10 to pick him. He should become a very important player in the AFL, wherever he goes.”

For anyone that remains unconvinced have a watch of the Bendigo vs Northern game on the CTL app or better yet come down and watch him at the U18 champs next month. Unless something changes significantly, I am now 100% in the camp to split our 1R and take Travaglia and the best mid available. Under no circumstance should we split it for Baker if that is the price. Sorry Bakes but if that’s what it costs the jog on. This kid is what we have lacked since Jetta left. Whist his top speed as not as fast as Jetta’s his tank is far bigger, he’s vastly superior overhead and one day we’ll also see him celebrating crucial goals in finals series on the way to a flag.

eaglespremiers has also said that he sets standards at training, is well liked within the group and finishes every game running on top of the ground.

Sun, June 23Western AustraliaVictoria MetroWA10:45am
Sat, June 29Western AustraliaVictoria CountryWA10:45am

This was posted on the draft board which echoed my thoughts on this game:

“I watched the second half of the Bendigo Pioneers vs Northern Knights on Sunday. It was the first time I've been able to watch a Coates Talent League game this season. The Pioneers well and truly got run over in a game that could have gone either way halfway through.

Tobie Travaglia. He stood out when I watched Bendigo play last season. But the way he played on the weekend has proven to me that he is one of the best in the class. Travaglia had as good a game as a halfback could on the weekend. He kicked 2 goals, and he racked up a ton of the ball (31 disposals). His run and carry from halfback are as good as I have seen. He tried his best where others faltered (namely, Archer-Day Wicks). He didn't necessarily show it on the weekend, but his defensive abilities might be just as good. He can certainly lockdown an opponent. If he plays like he did on the weekend at the National Championships, I don't think it would be a stretch for a team in the top 10 to pick him. He should become a very important player in the AFL, wherever he goes.”

For anyone that remains unconvinced have a watch of the Bendigo vs Northern game on the CTL app or better yet come down and watch him at the U18 champs next month. Unless something changes significantly, I am now 100% in the camp to split our 1R and take Travaglia and the best mid available. Under no circumstance should we split it for Baker if that is the price. Sorry Bakes but if that’s what it costs the jog on. This kid is what we have lacked since Jetta left. Whist his top speed as not as fast as Jetta’s his tank is far bigger, he’s vastly superior overhead and one day we’ll also see him celebrating crucial goals in finals series on the way to a flag.

eaglespremiers has also said that he sets standards at training, is well liked within the group and finishes every game running on top of the ground.

Sun, June 23Western AustraliaVictoria MetroWA10:45am
Sat, June 29Western AustraliaVictoria CountryWA10:45am

Good post. :thumbsu:

Very good player is Travaglia, and I would be thrilled if he was on our list, as you say he is a players who's skill set we are in much need of.

I have a second half of the first round grade on him at this point in time, however a ripper championships may well see him coming of the board a tad sooner than that.

He also reads the play exceptionally well, has a high football IQ does Travalia.

Yeah and we see Bailey williams for baker the same way,even saw Baker is a role player apparently but you're offering him close to 1 mill a season lulz

You part of the Richmond recruiting department? How do you know we’ve offered 1million a season?😂

Back