List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

If west coast can't free up a spot before the MSD, assuming it's pic3 or 4 are they able to trade that off for a pic in the national draft or do you just miss out? ie west coast trade there pic 4 MSD pic for say Melbourne's Round 3 national draft pic

Can’t trade MSD or picks

If there’s no list spot available we simply sit it out

Norf want him already, will be a 3rd year KPD in a listless, sh*thouse defence that no player in their right mind would willingly go to. Clarkson will order it in a heartbeat. Hopefully dogs see F2 better than nothing if that’s what we offer.

I was having this same conversation in the Busslinger thread.

If Busslinger is keen to get home and come to West Coast, he’ll get there whether it’s by trade or PSD.

No VIC club is taking a player in PsD who is trying to get home to WA.

Last thing any club wants is a young, disgruntled and unhappy player at their club. It’s more hassle than it is worth, is resource intensive and you won’t get the best out of them.

It sounds much better in theory than in practice.

Yep. Need it for the Warner Bros. Next year.
what if we backed ourselves to have a first rounder somewhat similar to the dogs one anyway, could be a 2-3 pick downgrade from 6->9 or something. Would protect our 2024 first pick and allow us to get Baker still

what if we backed ourselves to have a first rounder somewhat similar to the dogs one anyway, could be a 2-3 pick downgrade from 6->9 or something. Would protect our 2024 first pick and allow us to get Baker still
Wouldn’t do that. The dogs have a top 4 list, if their coach wasn’t nuttier than a squirrel turd they may show that. I also don’t see us out of the bottom 4 next year.Baker? I thought you said Buss?

Kelly was the worst kept secret in the whole AFL industry.

SPS was known well before trade period.

Everyone knew we were in to Dev.

The only surprises really were Witherden who didn’t become available until his exit meeting.

Player movement is so fluid now that everyone knows who is into who.
Kelly was no secret because he tried to come home after year 1.

The other 3 players you talk about were all struggling to get a game apart from Dev. And most thought he was lucky to be getting one.

I was having this same conversation in the Busslinger thread.

If Busslinger is keen to get home and come to West Coast, he’ll get there whether it’s by trade or PSD.

No VIC club is taking a player in PsD who is trying to get home to WA.

Last thing any club wants is a young, disgruntled and unhappy player at their club. It’s more hassle than it is worth, is resource intensive and you won’t get the best out of them.

It sounds much better in theory than in practice.
If he nominates us, a trade will get done.

The PSD rarely gets used in cases like this.

Wouldn’t do that. The dogs have a top 4 list, if their coach wasn’t nuttier than a squirrel turd they may show that. I also don’t see us out of the bottom 4 next year.Baker? I thought you said Buss?
Why not both? Buss was the original one I mentioned, even with the dogs list looking like they should be top 4, theyre not, outside a new coach what reason is there to think theyll somehow be top 4 next year? Darcy and JUH? Theyve got blokes aging too, Liam Jones is their only good KPD defender and hes 34 by the start of next season.
They have very little depth, and could see a couple of players leave in the offseason for opportunity. Libba/treloar/Bont arent getting any younger either

But fair enough, just spitballing

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kelly was no secret because he tried to come home after year 1.

The other 3 players you talk about were all struggling to get a game apart from Dev. And most thought he was lucky to be getting one.

Kelly wasn’t a surprise in 2018 either though.

I can’t remember the last time there was a trade I was genuinely surprised by.

Even Yeo was canvassed well ahead of time.

We might not leak as a club, but player managers certainly do.

Kelly wasn’t a surprise in 2018 either though.

I can’t remember the last time there was a trade I was genuinely surprised by.

Even Yeo was canvassed well ahead of time.

We might not leak as a club, but player managers certainly do.
Buddy going to the Swans was probably the biggest kept secret going around.

I agree, towards mid-year, you get a decent idea if they haven't signed.
But sometimes you don't know which club until it's late in the season.

This is why I'm still very keen on Crossley.. I think the rule change would help him a lot and he's a great balance to Williams.
I know we have Flynn but he's injury prone. I think he'd come over for another shot at the show.
Have you seen Crossley this year? Looks 40 and weighs 150kg.

We played Southport on the weekend. Bloke is done with the AFL.

Interesting the connection to jack graham as. a FA , he and baker are great mates , went on a golf trip across US together last off season,,, I think Matt Clarke would be across that, sounds like a plan

Why not both? Buss was the original one I mentioned, even with the dogs list looking like they should be top 4, theyre not, outside a new coach what reason is there to think theyll somehow be top 4 next year? Darcy and JUH? Theyve got blokes aging too, Liam Jones is their only good KPD defender and hes 34 by the start of next season.
They have very little depth, and could see a couple of players leave in the offseason for opportunity. Libba/treloar/Bont arent getting any younger either

But fair enough, just spitballing
Don’t think they will finish top 4, but sliding from 6 to 9 like you mentioned would take you out of that top bracket of mids this year, for example (I haven’t seen enough of next years crop to say it’s similar or comment on it). Don’t mind the spitballing at all, we do need to get creative, I just
personally want to hang on to our F1.

Interesting the connection to jack graham as. a FA , he and baker are great mates , went on a golf trip across US together last off season,,, I think Matt Clarke would be across that, sounds like a plan
Band 1 FA deal for Graham so you guys get a top 5 pick then we trade our F4 to you for Baker and pay him the base wage. Jack and Liam then go halves in Jack’s wage. Everyone wins.

Mraz has fractured his navicular. I don’t know the exact severity but if anything significant this is likely season over. If so he’s likely to slip to late 20s/early 30s and provided our medical diligence is done he’d be an absolute steal in that range if we’re confident his foot has healed.

I Agree if he slipped to the second round he would be a great steal. But if I recall WCE_phil said clubs are not allowed to do medicals on draftees. I’m not sure how clubs would be able to source that info unless it is released by the player?

I Agree if he slipped to the second round he would be a great steal. But if I recall WCE_phil said clubs are not allowed to do medicals on draftees. I’m not sure how clubs would be able to source that info unless it is released by the player?
With an injury as significant as this I’d hope most clubs would put it squarely to the player that they’d need to review their scans in order to consider drafting them. The player would of course be at liberty to refuse that, but there is no way I’d draft a player with a navicular fracture in their draft year without seeing the scans to assess healing.

Lol we don't want graham . It's a ploy to get a bigger contract . Nathan broad management did the same thing last year

How is kaleb Smith tracking ? Is he OOC

Remove this Banner Ad

Back