List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
Can somebody shed light on whether Zurhaar is a RFA or UFA or whether we would have to trade for him?
OOC if i recall correctly.
Not sure if he's surplus to requirements in our fwd line but he brings a bit of aggro and mongrel and would be a good JD replacement;

Can somebody shed light on whether Zurhaar is a RFA or UFA or whether we would have to trade for him?
Not sure if he's surplus to requirements in our fwd line but he brings a bit of aggro and mongrel and would be a good JD replacement;
Bit slow , bit lazy.

Looking at the Shockers tonight. They’ve got hardly anybody who can kick a goal over 50.
Serong struggles over 35m.
I’ve dubbed him “ The Dockers Priddis”. Yes he’ll probably win a Brownlow.

So that tells us he is astute.

I would not read too much into it yet as I heard another forum saying West Coast is interested but Freo have already tabled a 5 year offer.

Who can afford to give away a first round pick and still have 2 to use?

Always look for Ralph's self interest. He is already starting the talk about our R1 this year being used

Looking at the Shockers tonight. They’ve got hardly anybody who can kick a goal over 50.
Serong struggles over 35m.
I’ve dubbed him “ The Dockers Priddis”. Yes he’ll probably win a Brownlow.
Serong is an absolute ripper.
Starting mid in any side in the comp
Great player.

Have we put Long onto the LTI yet or do we still not have an MSD pick?

Not yet

Still have 2 weeks before that decision needs to be made and as yet the recovery time for Long isn’t known. May or may not require surgery

Steady down fools. Not a low single figure trade but a low second rounder.
If he wants to come here then it’s very hard to stop and it lowers his trade value

It’s hard to speculate as final finishing positions are a long way from decided, but I could definitely see us agreeing to a swap of firsts for Baker if that meant us moving down a couple of spots (I.e. 3 back to 5).

I think we may well finish higher than Richmond though so possibly moot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

It’s hard to speculate as final finishing positions are a long way from decided, but I could definitely see us agreeing to a swap of firsts for Baker if that meant us moving down a couple of spots (I.e. 3 back to 5).

I think we may well finish higher than Richmond though so possibly moot.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
This would be bad. Baker isn’t worth that.

If we used a first round pick, or even split a top 5 pick to get baker I’d be so disappointed.

He’s smaller and not a highly skilled player. His best attribute is his energy. Those type of players age really really badly
Gaff case in point. But many have come and gone - Patrick mcginnity, Ashton hams...they're wafl players that manage a spot in an AFL side

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker will decide where he goes and if he picks us then beggars can't be choosers. Busslinger, Baker and Graham in for 2 second rounders would be a great result, top 5 even.
We literally have the same player in sheed as Graham. Both too slow for the modern game.

Sure Graham tackles more and sheed is a much better kick but they both have the same major flaws . Slow , injury prone and not damaging

Cummin and perryman at GWS are both UFA and much better players

Trading in Cummin or Perryman , Baker, busslinger and kaleb Smith whilst keeping our first and future 1st for blue chip mids or Gun KPPs would be what we aim for .

Also getting some late picks for malakai champion 🤌

I can see freo going for zurhaar. Their forward line need a lot of work and fyfe, tabiner and walters all over 30

Anyone catch a glimpse of Bo Allan in last week's match?

He could really bolt if he can look like that @ the championships.
Big if admittedly, but he's 191cm and has a ridiculous athletic profile

We literally have the same player in sheed as Graham. Both too slow for the modern game.

Sure Graham tackles more and sheed is a much better kick but they both have the same major flaws . Slow , injury prone and not damaging

Cummin and perryman at GWS are both UFA and much better players

Trading in Cummin or Perryman , Baker, busslinger and kaleb Smith whilst keeping our first and future 1st for blue chip mids or Gun KPPs would be what we aim for .

Also getting some late picks for malakai champion 🤌
I agree with almost all of this and spot on with Graham. I reckon this is the draft to refresh the defence as there will be a premium on high end picks to take midfielders and there’s some quality defenders available with picks in the teens.

I am hugely optimistic that our forward line is set for years and would like to use our 1R next year to trade for a Chad Warner or Finn Callaghan type rather than taking another young mid that needs years to develop.

Looks like a weak opponent but Charlie Banfield again putting up good numbers in the colts, 21 touches at 3/4 time. Big watch at the champs.

Early developer who watched his brother miss out playing in the weakest U18 comp in the country. He has draftable traits and is a watch. But we're 18 months away from him being draftable. He could continue to develop at a high rate and what we see draft time next year is a top 10 pick or we could see him already getting close to his peak as a junior and going undrafted come 2025 draft time.

If he works hard with an agility coach, on his hands and a touch on his kicking over the next 18 months we'll have the third most talented FS prospect we've ever had on our hands. (after Cousins and Mcintosh and tbh I actually think Mcintosh was more naturally talented of those two)

Interesting option put forward by a Tigers supporter as a straight swap for Baker:

“However if we were to target a player swap to build up our list, I'd be asking about the following players”

Bailey Williams
Ryan Maric
Campbell Chesser
Archer Reid

I'd say Ryan Maric is 0% chance but would anyone entertain the other ones?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back