List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

Who do you want the Eagles to select in the Mid Season Draft?

• Luke Beecken

Votes: 27 22.1%
  • Ben Hopkins

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • Trey Ruscoe

Votes: 18 14.8%
  • Will McLachlan

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jacob Blight

Votes: 5 4.1%
  • Jasper Scaife

Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Jack Hutchinson

Votes: 39 32.0%
  • Other

Votes: 13 10.7%
  • Geordie Payne

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:

The only thing we can do to stop Yeo leaving is to pay him what he asks for

It’s up to the club to decide if meeting his demands is affordable within our overall list management strategy and what value they place on the intangible benefit of having him around our young midfield group
No problems with the $$$ but if it is multi years, it needs to be games played beyond the first year. Let’s see what the next 12 weeks brings before we jump too early

MSD Tobyn Murray, screams chad warner clone. small compact fast link player and ball winner

This is going to be a unpopular comment but I look at our list and how Waterman has developed. Even Jack Williams is treading fine right now.

There are always times where we go through the list and see who is expandable for trade and who would actually give us a decent return in a trade. There's one player on our list that would suit this perfect in our rebuild. Doesn't affect our onfield performance much as we have been doing just fine without him. There's one player that with a trade would give us a hand full of draft picks.

Don't think we would ever would do it for obvious reasons but for the first time I've felt this. I don't think we need Oscar.Allen at all anymore. In fact we would be better to trade him for some quality draft picks.

But yeah it won't happen especially after we made him Captain and he is a decent bloke to have around the club. Just on a future team list speculative point and if we looked at it as wanting what's best for our rebuild it would be probably trading Allen for draft picks. Now's the time to do it while his value is high.

This is going to be a unpopular comment but I look at our list and how Waterman has developed. Even Jack Williams is treading fine right now.

There are always times where we go through the list and see who is expandable for trade and who would actually give us a decent return in a trade. There's one player on our list that would suit this perfect in our rebuild. Doesn't affect our onfield performance much as we have been doing just fine without him. There's one player that with a trade would give us a hand full of draft picks.

Don't think we would ever would do it for obvious reasons but for the first time I've felt this. I don't think we need Oscar.Allen at all anymore. In fact we would be better to trade him for some quality draft picks.

But yeah it won't happen especially after we made him Captain and he is a decent bloke to have around the club. Just on a future team list speculative point and if we looked at it as wanting what's best for our rebuild it would be probably trading Allen for draft picks. Now's the time to do it while his value is high.
eject.gif

"Gee this Jeremy Cameron guy is pretty good - we can trade Tom Hawkins now"
"How good is Jarryd Roughead? We can bin Lance Franklin now"
"This Jack Darling guy has burst on the scene - may as well get rid of Josh Kennedy"

"Gee this Jeremy Cameron guy is pretty good - we can trade Tom Hawkins now"
"How good is Jarryd Roughead? We can bin Lance Franklin now"
"This Jack Darling guy has burst on the scene - may as well get rid of Josh Kennedy"
Yeah, most teams don't even have 1 A grade KPF, we currently have 2(3 if Darling continues to pull his finger out).

Madness to trade one for an unproven kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Good opportunity here to get some wins:

Adelaide away no Rankine
Saints at home
North at home
Essendon away (not so good)
Hawks at home
All those home games should be winnable.
Adelaide 50/50.
I think targeting 3 wins out of those 5 is a pass. 4 is an achievement. 5 outrageous.

Interesting. I feel like we have a new list manager who might have come in and can’t see forest through the trees.

If we decided to take this tactic with Yeo I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves.

• he has taken less money for the good of the team when we were contending and taken less than other players who are less important to us (Gaff, Kelly).
  • he is of the view that the club is at least in part responsible for his OP and soft tissue injuries and reason he hasn’t been on park much in the last 3 years.
  • we decide to give him an offer and then reduce it
  • despite lowering the offer simmo goes on C7 with Daniels and says Yeo is our “best player”.
  • if he is our best player why low ball him?

Without a shift in what we are willing to give Yeo I wouldn’t be surprised if he leaves. In his mind I wouldn’t be surprised if he feels we have shafted him one too many times.

Or maybe the list manager can look at the list without any blinkers?

2 years at 750k/season is more than acceptable for a player of yeo's ilk who hasnt been able to get on the park consistently since 2019.

Were not getting one period.

Good thing too, the devolpment our kids have had this last 6 weeks blows any PP out of the water.
We won't even bother applying if we win 5
If we win 5 that will be 10 wins in 3 years .
That is 100% priority pick levels especially when our wins are coming off the back of 30+ year olds having great seasons
Yeo McGovern Kelly cripps Hunt (29) barrass ( almost 29)

It would be in the afls interest to help us get a couple more senior players to help the transition otherwise we drop again

Also you just know Richmond will get handouts irrespective of if we get them or not. They sound like they will gut their list for picks and spend a few years at the bottom

If we win 5 that will be 10 wins in 3 years .
That is 100% priority pick levels especially when our wins are coming off the back of 30+ year olds having great seasons
Yeo McGovern Kelly cripps Hunt (29) barrass ( almost 29)

It would be in the afls interest to help us get a couple more senior players to help the transition otherwise we drop again

Also you just know Richmond will get handouts irrespective of if we get them or not. They sound like they will gut their list for picks and spend a few years at the bottom
We won't be getting a PP with the form we've been showing, that can be put to bed.

The rest of the comp would go ballistic if Richmond got any help. Dillon already said last year we wouldn't be getting one after winning the flag in 2018, do you really think he(after he's said publicly he wants to end PPs) would then help a 3x premiership team after those comments?

More I look at the draft the less I care about just winning from here. If we get pick 4-7 I’m equally happy with any player in that group. Don’t think much splits them especially given our need for more outside run

Draper/Herbert/Moraeas , don’t care which one. Happy for any
And there's your loser mentality.

On Pixel 6 Pro using BigFooty.com mobile app

Well imo we are 40-60 to beat the Crows this weekend and should beat the Saints and North at home. Should get 2 wins there, maybe 3.
Crows with no Rankine and bring back Yeo will surely make it very close, Saints and North are just rubbish, and we play them both at Optus.

Bombers at Marvel and Hawks at home right after the bye, good chance to get at least 1 of those two as well.
My ladder prediction has us at 8 wins for the year anyway lol
Crows were a bad umpires call away from beating Collingwood at the G .

We are not beating crows on their home deck .

Our away form vs home form is vastly different

We have lost every away game by an average of 51 points this season .

We won't be getting a PP with the form we've been showing, that can be put to bed.

The rest of the comp would go ballistic if Richmond got any help. Dillon already said last year we wouldn't be getting one after winning the flag in 2018, do you really think he(after he's said publicly he wants to end PPs) would then help a 3x premiership team after those comments?
You know the AFL . What they say and what they do are two separate things

More I look at the draft the less I care about just winning from here. If we get pick 4-7 I’m equally happy with any player in that group. Don’t think much splits them especially given our need for more outside run

Draper/Herbert/Moraeas , don’t care which one. Happy for any
Maybe you need to be supporting the Kangaroos who are only interested in getting good picks and not winning or being competitive.

I suspect if the rules don't change for academy selections this year, the AFL might allow an exemption for that access as a form of priority. But that's about it.

I suspect if the rules don't change for academy selections this year, the AFL might allow an exemption for that access as a form of priority. But that's about it.

Yeah but this is their first bad year. They'll need at least a couple more before any assistance is even remotely discussed.

Yeah it was not a good feeling late last year not wanting your team to win.

Don't wanna be in that position again.

Get as many wins as possible in 2024 and if that means we have pick 6 or 7 (unlikely) then so be it.

think we still have more downs than up to come in 24 and would be quite, sort of ok with 5/6 wins and 15th/16th and pick 3/4

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Back