List Mgmt. Contract, Trade and Draft Discussions - 2024 Edition

What should we do with our 1st round draft pick?

• Finn O’Sullivan

Votes: 17 35.4%
  • Sid Draper

Votes: 13 27.1%
  • Josh Smillie

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • Jagga Smith

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Split for best mid and Tobie Travaglia

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Split for best mid and Liam Baker

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best mid and best KPD

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Split for best two mids

Votes: 1 2.1%
  • Other

Votes: 4 8.3%

• Total voters
  • This poll will close: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Last edited:
I think he is better aerially and in contest work than what people (WCEphil) gave him credit for pre-draft. I’ve really liked the bits I’ve seen in the wafl, particularly in the ruck.

I could see him being a KPD in the Liam Jones mould eventually when he puts on size.

Personally, if all out talls come on, clubs will come knocking. I could see Bailey being the one who falls out and looks for more opportunities.

It’s all hypothetical at this stage.

Oscar is so overrated as a KPD. When he has gone back there, it’s normally been as an extra coming down from forward line. When he has gone back as a defender he got cleaned up by forwards (see: v Curnow in Carlton game last year).

Waterman has actually shown more than Allen as a defender.

Not sure we can base much on games we are getting flogged by 100 and having 20 inside 50s against in a quarter.

I am talking about in 3 years when hopefully we are contending and we need winners all over the ground.

Not sure we can base much on games we are getting flogged by 100 and having 20 inside 50s against in a quarter.

I am talking about in 3 years when hopefully we are contending and we need winners all over the ground.

That was just an example.

I think Oscar is a much better forward than he is KPD.

Clearly the club does too. After starting Oscar as KPD and Brander as a KPF in 2018 they decided to have Oscar train as a KPF in 2019, that was just as much about what Oscar was showing up forward as much as what Brander wasn’t, and the rest is history.

Oscar isn’t the swing man people think.

That was just an example.

I think Oscar is a much better forward than he is KPD.

Clearly the club does too. After starting Oscar as KPD and Brander as a KPF in 2018 they decided to have Oscar train as a KPF in 2019, that was just as much about what Oscar was showing up forward as much as what Brander wasn’t, and the rest is history.

Oscar isn’t the swing man people think.

Maric is the one who is capable of swinging from attack to defense IMO.

Have Sicily vibes with him but without the DH factor.

I think he is better aerially and in contest work than what people (WCEphil) gave him credit for pre-draft. I’ve really liked the bits I’ve seen in the wafl, particularly in the ruck.

I could see him being a KPD in the Liam Jones mould eventually when he puts on size.

Personally, if all out talls come on, clubs will come knocking. I could see Bailey being the one who falls out and looks for more opportunities.

It’s all hypothetical at this stage.

Oscar is so overrated as a KPD. When he has gone back there, it’s normally been as an extra coming down from forward line. When he has gone back as a defender he got cleaned up by forwards (see: v Curnow in Carlton game last year).

Waterman has actually shown more than Allen as a defender.
To be fair you don't use one of the elite key forwards as a defender, even in a swingman basis. Oscar Allen should only ever go back as a last resort because everyone over 6 foot in our team got injured during the game.

I think we should be looking at the MSD to plug holes in our list and the only true hole i see at the moment is ruck.

We have project ruckmen, so lets look at getting a seasoned guy to fill in when needed. Someone like Brynn Teakle from East Freo. He played a few games for Port a couple years back
We are already carrying too many rucks on the list. Wait until we clear off Jamieson before we add anyone else.

that'd be great.

unless we win the next 4 somehow which means we'll lose like 10 in a row

On SM-S908E using BigFooty.com mobile app

Squiggle (and most models) can lag at picking up trends.

I think we’re vastly better than we were 4 weeks ago, and have a soft fixture coming home.

North x2, Hawthorn, St Kilda x2, Freo, Adelaide even GCS at Optus are all winnable.

We could be looking at 7-9 wins.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair you don't use one of the elite key forwards as a defender, even in a swingman basis. Oscar Allen should only ever go back as a last resort because everyone over 6 foot in our team got injured during the game.

I agree with the sentiment, but I’d still rather push a Oscar back than be forced to play the likes of Aiden Corr there ala North if we have no one else, and have a plethora of capable forwards.

Murdock is a good WAFL player. But so was Greg Clark. Really hard to know who can take the next step. What position would he play for us? As a midfielder, he's behind everyone in the side, plus Culley, Hall and Trew.
Question is will his skill set transfere from wafl to afl ? Greg Clark was too slow for afl .

Back