List Mgmt. Contract, Trade & Draftee Discussion, 2023: Picks 1,20,34,39,53 ,58

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Link to contract status of all players

Link to Lore ’s excellent draft order thread that is updated to reflect current ladder positions

Last edited:
I get the feeling the Bulldogs wouldn’t be too enamored with an offer like that.
I agree that it doesn't make sense for West Coast to be targeting English and you obviously would be annoyed at using your #1 draft pick on English. However, you would have to admit that English is in no way worth less than a straight swap for pick one (in my mind, more).

I agree that it doesn't make sense for West Coast to be targeting English and you obviously would be annoyed at using your #1 draft pick on English. However, you would have to admit that English is in no way worth less than a straight swap for pick one (in my mind, more).
No, we would not have to admit that. I suspect nobody but a Bulldogs supporter would think that. With pick 1, you need to have a swing at a genuine game-changing franchise player. Harley Reid might be that; Tim English definitely isn't.

[

Effectively a straight swap for a player that’s been called a generational midfield talent?

No, I wouldn’t have to admit that.

Edit: If that’s reflective of what the Bulldogs’ attitude would be this October, that only reinforces the fact that there’s very little point in getting English onto our list for next year.

Last edited:

"Hey Tim, hang out with the bullies for another 12 months. Might snag a flag, at the very least avoid 12 months of our rebuild. We'll offer you money dogs can't match as a free agent"

We have Reid and Engrish.
Bulldogs get a likely band 1 combo.

What do you reckon?

Did you untie your own knickers in the 18 minutes it took to post this after posting the following.😂

Also, regarding this:

Why? I don’t see any connection between the two.

Barrass is signed to 2027 and we should get good value for if he wants to leave. English comes free (if he wants to come) in 12 months time and costs no draft capital. I don’t see the urgency.

Lol.

Don't wear knickers BTW.

The connection between English and TB is us gaining a pick to satisfy a trade without using pick 1.

And English is two years younger than TB.

We bring in Reid using pick 1 plus English for the TB picks traded in.

Nah.

He's 27. 5 years left. A club who would want to draft him would either be approaching the flag window, or in the flag window. Those clubs typically don't hold a top 5 pick. And the clubs who have top 5 picks - they're better off taking a kid who might end up giving them 12 years of service, and their peak coinciding with a flag push.

No one's giving up #1 for Wella Balsam.

No, we would not have to admit that. I suspect nobody but a Bulldogs supporter would think that. With pick 1, you need to have a swing at a genuine game-changing franchise player. Harley Reid might be that; Tim English definitely isn't.
You might be correct, maybe I'm over rating my teams player, happens a lot.

I agree, you definitely should not be trading pick 1 for English (already said this) it makes no sense.

English is already this, him and Bont have carried us all year, without those two, we would be bottom 4. Reid, might be this, or he might never make it.

I'd prefer we keep English, you would prefer to keep pick 1. However, it's not up to us, luckily.

You might be correct, maybe I'm over rating my teams player, happens a lot.

I agree, you definitely should not be trading pick 1 for English (already said this) it makes no sense.

English is already this, him and Bont have carried us all year, without those two, we would be bottom 4. Reid, might be this, or he might never make it.

I'd prefer we keep English, you would prefer to keep pick 1. However, it's not up to us, luckily.
I dont think Eagles list team is sitting around with a

"Well Tim is really important to Bulldogs final chances so we should give up pick 1 for him because without him they will struggle to win the flag"

All of that has nothing to do with us.

Only way I can fathom WC getting English is if they Trade Tom. Use that Sydney pick 5ish and Ports 2nd. Would the Dogs do that? Pick 5 will be better than the compo + a late 2nd rounder - just as likely they value another year with Tim despite what would likely be a mid to late 1st compo pick.

I’m guessing there will be a significant salary squeeze next year at the Dogs.Tim and Aaron are going to be on some serious coin, Bont has been paid and Jamarra has the potential to be the best of the lot. Might be best to move Tim on and try and secure Aaron early.

I do like English, might be the only one on this board though😳

I think a advantage of us keeping pick 1 is it helps us get Gold Coasts 1st rounder in the way of promising not to bid on Jed Walter.

For Barass if we can eek out extra points post 1st rounder they give us for Barass, that can put us in pole position for that 1st rounder ahead of say the Demons who may be wanting it themselves

I dont think Eagles list team is sitting around with a

"Well Tim is really important to Bulldogs final chances so we should give up pick 1 for him because without him they will struggle to win the flag"

All of that has nothing to do with us.
Never said they were, what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

wow, an escapee
What would we get for gaff if we paid for his salary thoughts?
debt

I’m a bit surprised Hardeman made the team, I thought he was a little underwhelming. Perhaps I expected too much from him.

Eagles really like him, daresay if on the board we'll take him with our second.

Just a randoms opinion.

If I was trading for Barrass, I’d be reluctant to offer up a top 10 pick. I certainly wouldn’t offer a top 10 pick, plus and early second round pick.

If I was trading for English, I would be even more reluctant to trade a top 10 pick for him.

I really don’t see the benefit of trading out Barrass for English.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back