Covid 19 (OPEN DISCUSSION)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
After having 2 covid jabs and a booster within 8 months they can GAGF if they think I'm getting a flu shot on top of that .
It would be the first time in 15 years for no flu jab .
Is your vaccine hesitancy actually because you don't like needles?

Just got my booster and was told it will auto update in the ServiceWA app. You don't need to manually update it.

If you export it to your phone wallet not sure if it auto updates on there.

Just something to ponder for those weighing up the benefit of the app
Its a little bit of a fap around but worth it for convienience of not having to show your drivers licence and ur proof of jab.

Its a little bit of a fap around but worth it for convienience of not having to show your drivers licence and ur proof of jab.

SafeWA seems to be a bit smoother for me as well, but maybe just a placebo effect.

I just like the convenience of it all in one place

Well down further south Perth people don’t care at all, very little compliance. Have asked people who enter our office after travelling down and they don’t care. A common excuse is “oh we are not from Perth”
Someone else probably mentioned this as I am 2 pages behind atm . Reception has your home address on record so "oh we are not from Perth is pretty lame ".

I think they have to stop with these specific qualifiers for when masks should and shouldn't be worn. If it's serious enough to warrant them then make them compulsory at all times.

The whole "indoor vigorous exercise" thing is just silly because what constitutes as vigorous exercise? I just wear mine the entire time I'm in the gym but I see some people not wearing it at all, some people taking it on and off between sets, some wearing it on their chin and others wearing it while they're going full pelt on the treadmill. Pretty sure old mate doing 45minutes of bicep curls isn't doing vigorous exercise but it's such a vague and half-assed qualifier so I don't even know.
The World Health Organisation don't recommend masks for vigorous exercise.

And according to the NHS, vigorous exercise is where you cant talk more than a few words doing it, so I think you'd be fine to have it off the whole time you're exercising? Just not when entering and exiting.

Just got my booster and was told it will auto update in the ServiceWA app.

Finally they're getting with the times.
If they're going to inject microchips into people I'm glad they're now going to be upgradeable via the app.
Silly having to inject new chips just to add some features. I assume their hand was forced by the world semiconductor shortage.

And according to the NHS, vigorous exercise is where you cant talk more than a few words doing it.
So in my case, climbing half a flight of stairs.

With the Southwest mask mandate up from 6pm tonight, should be interesting tomorrow:

Went to Margaret River shops today, wild hop brewery, Coles dunsborough, and it would be 5% max of public with masks.

Hotel staff mostly had them on, though half below their nose.

Wild Hop Brewery in particular was funny. Perthites couldn't scan in with safe wa as everyone bar telstra plans couldn't sign in (no reception). Then I observed a family a
of three: husband had mask on, wife no (both 50's) and daughter over 18 no.

Interesting to see who mask up tomorrow.

After having 2 covid jabs and a booster within 8 months they can GAGF if they think I'm getting a flu shot on top of that .
It would be the first time in 15 years for no flu jab .

After 40 years of development the flu shot averages 40% effectiveness according to CDC figures. If you take it religiously every year it is even less effective than that.

Is your vaccine hesitancy actually because you don't like needles
Nah just don't think I should be having all these shots so close together .

I'll be forced to get the booster in April so I doubt I'll double down with a flu shot also

An interesting little tidbit I just heard from Norman Swan - Although Omicron is milder than Delta, it is at least as virulent as the original Wuhan strain. It appears mild overall due to vaccination rates and natural immunity.

I can't remember the source he cited, so take it as you will.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

An interesting little tidbit I just heard from Norman Swan - Although Omicron is milder than Delta, it is at least as virulent as the original Wuhan strain. It appears mild overall due to vaccination rates and natural immunity.

Norman Swan became so inaccurate that ABC had to take him off the air. I don't know why they let him back, but I don't believe a word he says.

I'd rather trust the nurse than that scaremonger

Gareth parker had a great shot at the AMA for its fear mongering heading into the eventual boarder opening on Feb 5th. The talk of 60k cases a day unless we go back to strict restrictions is just ridiculous. We have a population of 2.1 million and we have a far less density of the population compared to the likes of Victoria and NSW who have 5-6 millions just in there metro areas.

Gareth parker had a great shot at the AMA for its fear mongering heading into the eventual boarder opening on Feb 5th. The talk of 60k cases a day unless we go back to strict restrictions is just ridiculous. We have a population of 2.1 million and we have a far less density of the population compared to the likes of Victoria and NSW who have 5-6 millions just in there metro areas.

To be fair, that's kinda what the AMA do. That's why they don't normally run the place.

GPs been pretty spot on the whole way through imo.

77 people mildly dead from covid in Australia today.
Consumer confidence the lowest in 30 years.
Businesses in NSW who demanded the end of restrictions for the good of the economy are now crying out for assistance as their businesses have sunk in the last month.
Pushing through, staring it down and living with covid doesn't work out so well when everyone is crook or scared of getting crook.

Last edited:
Someone please tell me Apple are working on adjusting their facial recognition technology so it’ll allow you to unlock your phone when you’ve got a mask on.

Mine work phone can pick my face wearing any kind of sunglasses you can think of.

Moment mask goes on "Yeah nah sorry bro, pin numbers for all your apps plz"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back