Cripps or Oliver.

Who is the better player

• P. Cripps

Votes: 329 55.8%
  • C. Oliver

Votes: 261 44.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s just time to end the constant negativity expressed in this poll (mostly from Danny). Cripps and Oliver with massive games this week! Will both poll high in the coaches votes. Brilliant answers from Oliver in the post match, can tell he’s turned a small corner

It's funny trawling outside Melbourne threads occasionally and seeing danster making as much a mess of other boards as he does ours.
Knew it would be a common occurrence! Haven’t seen a grown ass man live through one player as much as Danny does with Oliver! Definitely doesn’t have the maturity of others in this poll.

In fact he’s probably responded with dribble in this chat 300+ times considering this poll has over 1k replies hahaha.

Just enjoying this poll not being so negative. Cripps and Oliver at least imo will both retire great if not generational players. Almost everyone in this chat agrees and then you got Danny spurting out crap like Jack Crisp is better than Cripps!!

I thought he was good. He played a very team focused game despite getting tagged heavily by Mcguiness again.
Thought so, he was quiet but it still felt he got quite a bit of the ball. Prioritised damage with his disposal over quantity, something I’d like to see more from him. Trac was phenomenal though.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What did everyone think of Oliver’s game this week?

He is back to winning some really difficult ground balls and dishing them out, which is what I think we want from him as I'd rather him go back to his handball heavy 2018 style with the runners we're starting to build around him. Did much better than last time against Finn Maginness, played a good team game though as all the attention on Oliver meant Petracca was dominant.

I would have said Cripps is the much better player, leader and teammate with a much higher moral compass.

However, I let him into my lane yesterday and he didn’t even wave me a thanks - so now I pick Oliver as the better player and arbiter of morality.

I would have said Cripps is the much better player, leader and teammate with a much higher moral compass.

However, I let him into my lane yesterday and he didn’t even wave me a thanks - so now I pick Oliver as the better player and arbiter of morality.
That’s actually hilarious tbh

Playing a more selfless role but still doing Cripps things. Good to see him somewhat less hampered.
He’s fit as too. You see him running to way more contests. Still our best mid even though we drift him forward to play almost a key fwd role. Definitely big enough.

16 touches @ 43%
4 free kicks against
2 tackles
Smashed h2h by Jake Soligo

As well all know if you are out there you are 100% fit to play with no excuses (no matter how obvious), so I am interested to hear some thoughts on Oliver’s game tonight.

16 touches @ 43%
4 free kicks against
2 tackles
Smashed h2h by Jake Soligo

As well all know if you are out there you are 100% fit to play with no excuses (no matter how obvious), so I am interested to hear some thoughts on Oliver’s game tonight.
Struggled, but def didn’t look right. Your man has had many 16ish possessions games over the years when he was playing through injuries.
Gutsy when guys like Cripps, Oliver and May tonight play through pain.
Nothing to see here with tonight’s game. It’s as rare as rocking horse s**t to see Oliver have a quiet one. Not sure waiting for a quiet game to jump on is very smooth either.

Struggled, but def didn’t look right. Your man has had many 16ish possessions games over the years when he was playing through injuries.
Gutsy when guys like Cripps, Oliver and May tonight play through pain.
Nothing to see here with tonight’s game. It’s as rare as rocking horse s**t to see Oliver have a quiet one. Not sure waiting for a quiet game to jump on is very smooth either.

A very fair post.

However the rules of the thread state we will judge each player on a week to week basis and injuries aren’t an excuse for poor performance. If you’re out there you’re fit.

As of now Oliver is s**t.

Back