Recommitted Darcy Moore [signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes maybe, regardless the list management teams have a job to do and prying into these types of players is it. Until he signs, both he and his management and the club and supporters will just have to deal with the speculation and noise. Every big name OoC goes through the same on a yearly basis.

Going by Richmond response this Morning it was proven False as we thought

His Collingwood injury mail is usually good because he gets it direct from Eddie, but that’s about it.

So why did he go with the Moore Story with being Mates with Eddie?

Even if Moore in the .1 % chance he wanted to leave The Pies and join Richmond, Eddie would never trade him to The Tigers in a million.years.

He's out of contract. If he wants a trade, he gets it or he walks to the draft.

Media was saying the same thing about Grundy last year and proved to all pretty much be False and Made Up

Exactly what did the media say that was "proved" to be "false and made up"?

If Moore can remain injury free, have really seen some signs from him that he could be an AA calibre KPD. 2020 could be his year, I've got him penciled in for a big one. Must say, I thought it was weird that the Pies were making him into a defender (especially given their lack of real KPF talent) back when, but he has some of those elite traits and combination of athleticism and skill that is so rare. I simply had to applaud 'moments' of him against Carlton in the scratch match yesterday, does and is capable of things many players his size cannot and his vision and execution at times in so damaging, a few of these things were on display yesterday...

Should be a priority re-signing at Collingwood IMO. Interesting times with some of their OOC players...

If Moore can remain injury free, have really seen some signs from him that he could be an AA calibre KPD. 2020 could be his year, I've got him penciled in for a big one. Must say, I thought it was weird that the Pies were making him into a defender (especially given their lack of real KPF talent) back when, but he has some of those elite traits and combination of athleticism and skill that is so rare. I simply had to applaud 'moments' of him against Carlton in the scratch match yesterday, does and is capable of things many players his size cannot and his vision and execution at times in so damaging, a few of these things were on display yesterday...

Should be a priority re-signing at Collingwood IMO. Interesting times with some of their OOC players...

Moore be the next on the line of our Big Stars to Sign.

Might take a little while but he should Re-Sign.

No Sign that any major problem in Negotiations

Would be interested to hear what Tiger and Pies fan think Darcy Moore should be worth in a trade scenario.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Too much. Ed would demand 2 high first rounders and then some I'd imagine.

Richmond should finish top 4 minimum in 2020, when you factor in Gold Coast mid 1st rounder (#11) compo pick, tigers will have pick 16 as their first pick in a best case scenario. Given that 2020 draft is "most compromised in history" with academy and f/s picks, Tigers will need to get creative if they are serious about Darcy Moore.

Similar to West Coast trading for Geelong in 2019, Tigers may need to throw everything they have a trade out of the draft for the next year or two.

West Coast had the luxury of having great developing talls with Oscar Allen, Brander, Rotham and Williams replacing their stars in Kennedy, Hurn and Naitanui.

Richmond will need look to develop players replacing Riewoldt/Rance/Cotchin/Martin over the next 2-3 years?

What prospects to they currently have on their list to supplement/ replace those players in the medium term?

Is trading out of 2020 &2021 really an option for Richmond at this stage?

Would be interested to hear what Tiger and Pies fan think Darcy Moore should be worth in a trade scenario.

With Richmond being a Top Team it be at Least 2 1st Round Draft Picks or 1st Rounder and a Good Young Talent.

Not going anywhere so no need to worry

Richmond should finish top 4 minimum in 2020, when you factor in Gold Coast mid 1st rounder (#11) compo pick, tigers will have pick 16 as their first pick in a best case scenario. Given that 2020 draft is "most compromised in history" with academy and f/s picks, Tigers will need to get creative if they are serious about Darcy Moore.

Similar to West Coast trading for Geelong in 2019, Tigers may need to throw everything they have a trade out of the draft for the next year or two.

West Coast had the luxury of having great developing talls with Oscar Allen, Brander, Rotham and Williams replacing their stars in Kennedy, Hurn and Naitanui.

Richmond will need look to develop players replacing Riewoldt/Rance/Cotchin/Martin over the next 2-3 years?

What prospects to they currently have on their list to supplement/ replace those players in the medium term?

Midfield wise we have ross/rcd/stack/turner and a returning jack Higgins coming through with the new draftees this year Dow seems to be highly rated so far

As for a jack replacement club Is super high on Callum Coleman-Jones

Backline back up is probably the area of most need since it’s basically garthwaite and the recently drafted biggy but rance retiring give us 800k to head hunt someone to add to a list who’s won 2 of the last 3 flags

I'd be surprised if we sold the farm for him.

We've kept all our early draft picks the last couple years so yes, I wouldn't be surprised to see us trade them this year for the right deal. We have a few highly rated kids developing now that should be physically ready to take over from the seniors in the next couple of years. Whether they are of the same quality remains to be seen but there are some big shoes to fill. I dare say we will trade in some biggish names to help the transition.

We have Coleman-Jones as a highly rated KPF/ruck in waiting. I reckon he will get a few games this year, he looks ready to go and has played at a high level in the VFL the last couple of years. Nankervis will likely have a late start this year so there is a spot there for him if he's good enough. I've said a few times I'd like to see Jack do a Richo and play on a wing next year to allow CJ a full season handover.

Balta is seen as the Rance replacement. He's easily our best athlete but still has some development required. The same was said about Rance for his first few years. I think he will be in the 22 come round 1. Garthwaite is another who doesn't do the flashy things but regularly in the best in VFL level.

As for midfielders in waiting there are 3 first round draft picks that are at different stages of development in Riley Collier-Dawkins, Jack Higgins and Thomson Dow. RCD has the potential to be special but still a work in progress. Jack Graham didn't play the granny but is a lock when fit and Jack Ross has big wraps. I see Shai Bolton as a permanent mid eventually too.

The depth and age profile is good but like I said, big shoes to fill. What size boot is Darcy Moore? ;)

Understandable since there are more pressing issues to deal with, plus no contract can be pushed forward anyway.

Collingwood free agent Darcy Moore says he’s happy for contract talks to be put on the “backburner” as clubs come to grips with the financial fallout of the COVID-19 shutdown.

The Magpies star, one of the biggest names coming out of contract in 2020, said any negotiations would almost certainly be delayed further.

“There’s other priorities at the moment. When entire clubs and entire departments existence are being questioned, I know that I’m personally really prepared to have that take a back seat and wait a bit longer while we work out what the future holds for the industry,” Moore told Fox Footy Live.

“As far as I’m concerned that will slow down even more while we work through everything else. Who knows what it’s going to look like?”

The Herald Sun reported on Tuesday player contracts would be frozen until the AFL understood the economic disaster it would confront after the coronavirus shutdown.

“I think they said that, that they won't agree to sign off on any contracts even if they have been agreed to by clubs and players,” Moore said.

“That slows down the process even more. There’s a lot of stress going around and that is just one of them I have got to deal with. There’s a lot of people that are in a pretty tough situation.

“This problem pales in comparison to that I imagine.”

Yeah Because AFL has shut up shop and No send in a New Contract while the AFL Season has been Postponed.

No one knows what the Salary Cap and List Sizes will be after this Pandemic ends

giphy.gif

Yeah Because AFL has shut up shop and No send in a New Contract while the AFL Season has been Postponed.

No one knows what the Salary Cap and List Sizes will be after this Pandemic ends

giphy.gif

Sadly I think it is almost inevitable The Pies will lose one of their requires OOC players.

I would let DeGoey go, too injury prone, plus Moore is far too important to the Pies Structure.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back