Recommitted Darcy Moore [signed until 2022]

Remove this Banner Ad

Most of the players that end up leaving all said they want to stay at their existing club. We are not the. NRL yet.

They not saying Talks are Going Very Well. They say they like to stay but there putting Contract Talks Off to end of Season

They not saying Talks are Going Very Well. They say they like to stay but there putting Contract Talks Off to end of Season
Not always. And even so, no player has ever come out during the season when nearing the end of his contract saying, I'm leaving most likely or I am def leaving. I take absolutely no notice of that regarding if a player stays.

Andrews and Moore are both very good players right now, IMO Andrews pips Moore in the defensive side of the game and Moore pips Andrews on the attacking/rebound side.

I think Darcy would look pretty good in Lions colours and they would form a pretty deadly combination, maybe when the Pies come to their QLD Hub he will become accustomed to the fantastic weather and disease free environment and want to move north permanently.

Not always. And even so, no player has ever come out during the season when nearing the end of his contract saying, I'm leaving most likely or I am def leaving. I take absolutely no notice of that regarding if a player stays.

Maybe because there not allowed to as there is a Rule from AFL then no Contract Negotiations can Officially Happen

Andrews and Moore are both very good players right now, IMO Andrews pips Moore in the defensive side of the game and Moore pips Andrews on the attacking/rebound side.

I think Darcy would look pretty good in Lions colours and they would form a pretty deadly combination, maybe when the Pies come to their QLD Hub he will become accustomed to the fantastic weather and disease free environment and want to move north permanently.

Give us Hipwood and Picks for Moore then ;)

The Pies fans on here are great.
There is no suggestion he is going anywhere expect he is OOC and that he will be expensive when pies already have a bursting cap.
If he is offered Lever money of $850k a year elsewhere and Pies priortise him 3rd after Grundy and De Goey can only pay him $550k a year.... would you really stand in his way....

The Pies fans on here are great.
There is no suggestion he is going anywhere expect he is OOC and that he will be expensive when pies already have a bursting cap.
If he is offered Lever money of $850k a year elsewhere and Pies priortise him 3rd after Grundy and De Goey can only pay him $550k a year.... would you really stand in his way....
From all accounts, he is the next priority in line. Discussions are moving along, I expect a deal will be done not too long after the contract squeeze.
He is clearly happy at the club. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time. They'll have more than 550k to give him, no doubt.

There was an article on about how they have 1.5M to spend (before any payouts aka Beams + retirements/delistments) so I'd give Moore 850k and de goey 800k

Are they all available this year?

I would say Moore and Andrews have a similar role, Haynes is more like McGovern and Sicily.

My first pick for Hawthorn would be Andrews. Then Moore.

Nope, both excellent players but Andrews is an excellent defender but lacks offensive weapons. Think of Moore as a taller version of Jeremy Howe/Sicily offensively, while also keeping key forwards in check the same way Andrews does.

From all accounts, he is the next priority in line. Discussions are moving along, I expect a deal will be done not too long after the contract squeeze.
He is clearly happy at the club. I haven't seen him this happy in a long time. They'll have more than 550k to give him, no doubt.

There was an article on about how they have 1.5M to spend (before any payouts aka Beams + retirements/delistments) so I'd give Moore 850k and de goey 800k

and All Reports saying the Talks are going very Postively and Yeah he is the next one we want to Re-Sign and he would of Already Re-Sign IF there where no Covid

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is a gun but his talent is wasted playing a pretty easy role in today's game.
It's time for Collingwood to build their forward line around him.

He is a gun but his talent is wasted playing a pretty easy role in today's game.
Wasn’t too long ago that his hamstrings couldn’t last four quarters playing forward. In 2-3 years, it might be worth trying again but until then we have a top 5 tall defender in the league on our hands so we aren’t complaining.

No way is he pushing forward - especially with Howe out. He is a gun defender - reads the play well, great hands and courageous. You don't move AA level defenders forward.

No way is he pushing forward - especially with Howe out. He is a gun defender - reads the play well, great hands and courageous. You don't move AA level defenders forward.
Anyone who can kick and jump can play his role at the moment though. You don't need a star key defender if the backline is so congested and the key forwards are outnumbered and have no space to lead into. Dixon is the only key forward averaging 2 goals a game this year, this isn't because every team has key defenders as good as Darcy.
Basically Moore is an outstanding 1 on 1 player and playing somewhere where this is wasted.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back