Traded Dayne Beams [traded with #41 and #43 to Collingwood for #18, #56 and future 1st round pick]

Remove this Banner Ad

If he does leave he'll probably go where the money is being his last contract and all, North would be a good suit IMO, Saints might have a look as well but it'd be hard for them to make a deal, their first pick will be way to much and their second not enough.

He'd be a great addition to pad us out, but what can we trade Brisbane?

Do the Lions need to free up cap space?

I can't see Brisbane getting a worthwhile trade for him & they seem to have most bases covered.

We don’t, no. Beams deal was frontloaded iirc. Plus we’ve got the likes of Bell about to be delisted who would be on pretty good coin along with some other dead wood.

Maybe your 2nd rounder for their 3rd rounder and you cough up your 2019 first then.

We're going to need points this year Frank.

I can't see it happening with us.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pendles and Beams had a long chat after the final siren tonight, most likely because they're friends but there could be something more sinister involved.

Don't really see where Beams fits in at Collingwood though, sure he's an upgrade on most of our players but we desperately need KPPs, Reid did another calf today so he's pretty much cooked.

IF Beams was to leave (and I hope he doesn’t and repays the Lions), he will most likely be looking for the biggest final contract. I wouldn’t be surprised if he ends up at North or the Blues.

Jay Clark just on Triple M says he thinks Beams will most likely be at Brisbane but if he is to return to Victoria then his preference is a return to Collingwood.

We all know he left initially for personal/family reasons.

I wonder if Brisbane will be as accomodating this time around for the same reasons if he was to end his tenure at Brisbane early.

Interesting trade period coming up.

Paul Connors did his best to answer the question without actually answering the question. He did say he believed he will play on next year at this stage. He just didn't indicate with who.

And if anyone was aware that Beams was to leave it would be him...Time is sort of against him.. he'd want to be doing his spruiking now...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back