Analysis Death-Riding Melbourne 2018 (now with poll)

Where will Melbourne finish?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ive seen so many thrillers and horror movies in my life, some as sick as Centipede. However, the movie Snowtown scared the fcuk out of me that night, when they led the guy into the bank vault with 10 guys watching for him. Sends chills every time. I guess its real which is what makes it terrifying.

Only reason I even attempted to watch the movie was because of the Elizabeth/Salisbury setting and all that - Watched it with a mate from over here basically saying 'yeah this is where I grew up'

Did not even get a third of the way through the movie - We were both like 'Uh... I don't think we need to watch this' - 'Agreed' -

Funny thing is if melbourne miss the top 8 it can hardly be put down to a spate of injuries and all the smoke the melbourne media blew up their backsides about how strong their midfield is etc. If they only finish a few places ahead of us after our horror season then i know which club i am very glad to be following

Actually looking at their draw, I can’t see them missing. They are on 8 wins, have 4 easy games, the next 3 especially which will see them get momentum back. Their other games are 50-50.

Stating the obvious they will be fighting out 7-9 with North and Hawks who have similar draws.

I don’t think they will finish higher than 7th though, with Geelong finishing 6th. In typical dodgy AFL rubbish though, they could end up playing Geelong at the G in a final despite being the lower ranked side. Either that Port, which I think they will win this time given they should have won on the weekend.

Ive seen so many thrillers and horror movies in my life, some as sick as Centipede. However, the movie Snowtown scared the fcuk out of me that night, when they led the guy into the bank vault with 10 guys watching for him. Sends chills every time. I guess its real which is what makes it terrifying.

I went to school with someone who lived not far from the Salisbury North house involved. Remember when it was all happening he said those people were creepy.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Their ball movement into the forward fifty was appalling. Long bombing to no one, hack kicks to contests and no real structure at all. Dare I say it they could use a player like Tom Lynch.

Are you talking about us or Melbourne?

Actually looking at their draw, I can’t see them missing. They are on 8 wins, have 4 easy games, the next 3 especially which will see them get momentum back. Their other games are 50-50.

Stating the obvious they will be fighting out 7-9 with North and Hawks who have similar draws.

I don’t think they will finish higher than 7th though, with Geelong finishing 6th. In typical dodgy AFL rubbish though, they could end up playing Geelong at the G in a final despite being the lower ranked side. Either that Port, which I think they will win this time given they should have won on the weekend.
I was talking about this yesterday, the next 3 games they absolutely should win, but I just have that feeling in my gut that the Demons will drop one, or maybe 2, and it will hurt them coming into the final stretch of tougher games. St Kilda should be an easy win, but they are fresh and coming off a win.

Stranger things have happened. Hell we were undefeated last year and went down to the 17th team in the comp by 10 goals!

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/death-riding-badelaide-2018-now-with-poll.1197023/

Melbourne have a death riding adelaide thread now!!..

It’s hilarious... but I’m not sure what they get from death riding us apart from a better third round pick!...

Well that would be exciting for them - that'll pretty much be their first pick this year, won't it? :p Or did they hold onto their second round? In any case, they're missing out. The Jimmy Toumpases of the world don't slide to the second round, they should know that better than anyone.

Their crowd numbers probably aren't big enough for the AFL to justify it, 10k or so supporters miss out vs Richmonds 50k extra.

Funny thing is if melbourne miss the top 8 it can hardly be put down to a spate of injuries and all the smoke the melbourne media blew up their backsides about how strong their midfield is etc. If they only finish a few places ahead of us after our horror season then i know which club i am very glad to be following
Melbourne are a young side, they are good and will be better for the experience regardless. I think they will improve steadily over the next few years

Lloyd has Melbourne missing, that would be sweet.
So did I when I did my ladder predictor this week.

Expect they will be mid table either way, with Port ahead of them, meaning we should have 2 picks before Port.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/death-riding-badelaide-2018-now-with-poll.1197023/

Melbourne have a death riding adelaide thread now!!..

It’s hilarious... but I’m not sure what they get from death riding us apart from a better third round pick!...
zNTR8DU.gif

Notice the Melbourne posters have run away....just like Port posters apparently. Only show up when they’re winning.
Your mods threatened to ban us :(

Nobody does self-deprecation better than Melbourne fans, you lads have a way to go. We'd be all over this thread if it was a free for all rather than 'not a banter thread'.

Your mods threatened to ban us :(

Nobody does self-deprecation better than Melbourne fans, you lads have a way to go. We'd be all over this thread if it was a free for all rather than 'not a banter thread'.
I think banter was okay . Just not being a campaigner

Only reason I even attempted to watch the movie was because of the Elizabeth/Salisbury setting and all that - Watched it with a mate from over here basically saying 'yeah this is where I grew up'

Did not even get a third of the way through the movie - We were both like 'Uh... I don't think we need to watch this' - 'Agreed' -

I like Port Adelaide’s claim to fame
“Bad Boy Bubby”.

Back