Review Dees v Handbaggers – The Good, Bad & Ugly

Remove this Banner Ad

That kick was so good I don't even know if Fritsch lead, Trac just forced him to get there.
I was right behind the goals at that end, to me Trac kicked it to space forcing Fritsch to lead. I'll add to this and say it was a good understanding between the two players Trac knew Fritsch would lead if he kicked it to the spot. #midforwardconnexion

Last edited:
Exciting thing for us is that Trac, Oliver and Viney haven't been playing that well. Yet we're still top 4. We've also been playing a fairly inexperienced bottom 6. So rebuilding as we go along. Besides a few more goals, you can't ask for much more. McAdam to come in, Bowey, Salem, Milkshakes and Hunter to add depth. We're in as good a spot as any. Main thing is our defensive structure looks the best it's been since 21. We're in the mix here..

Just watching the post game now. Dermie goes with, 'if the Cats kicked straighter they would have won'. No idea what goes on in that man's head. We missed some of the easiest shots of all time.

Missed goals? We should have buried Geelong in the 3rd quarter by nailing easy shots.

Exciting thing for us is that Trac, Oliver and Viney haven't been playing that well. Yet we're still top 4. We've also been playing a fairly inexperienced bottom 6. So rebuilding as we go along. Besides a few more goals, you can't ask for much more. McAdam to come in, Bowey, Salem, Milkshakes and Hunter to add depth. We're in as good a spot as any. Main thing is our defensive structure looks the best it's been since 21. We're in the mix here..

Yeah, can't disagree with that.

It sucks that we don't play attractive footy but not every team can be the Cats of 07-11.

I think about how dire we were for so long, and awfully inconsistent under Bailey when we played the odd attacking masterclass, but I'd prefer to be top four most years.

I obviously still hope we can finally improve our front third and if we do it'll make us so much more dangerous, let alone better to watch. But as it stands, I love we're now a strong, respected club with a fighting chance of a second flag in a few years.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Despite the low scores there was something about that game that kept me engaged, even in the first three quarters. I think the general play was more dynamic compared to our previous low scoring slogs. Probably comes down to personal preference, I think watching a high scoring shoot out is just as boring if there's no contest or mystering about what's going to happen next.

Forgot about the Windsor run down tackle. Love that the kid is still that switched on so late in the game. Was a case of not necessarily your night but your moment when it came.

Also I'm unsure about Pickett still, he does some things where he looks like he's playing a game at a level no one else is but still goes quiet a lot, could just be cause he's young but I don't think we're coaching the best out of him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watching the post game now. Dermie goes with, 'if the Cats kicked straighter they would have won'. No idea what goes on in that man's head. We missed some of the easiest shots of all time.

To be fair, Dees missed shots that they always miss but you won't get many games where Cameron and Hawkins combine for 0.4

Dermie has always disliked us. Plus, he's a bumbling old fool these days. Can't take anything he says seriously.

Good - it's mothers day, we are good and we aren't playing Fremantle today infront of 17,000 at the mcg like we use to in the good old days. Richmond get that today.
It's not mother's Day big fella

Haha my bad, I'm heading to the inlaws for my partners dads birthday which is usually around mothers day. We're obviously doing mothers day a week early, instead of making two trips to Inverloch. Fremantle @ 1 o'clock on a Sunday is very much a Melbourne fixture circa 09-13
God's country
Inlet or the espy.

I watched again. Much more watchable then I remember it - happens sometimes when you watch knowing the result and the pressure is off.

The Good:

Fritta crazy goal
Koz crazy goal
Max crazy goal
Viney returning to the field about 50 seconds after looking like he’d broken his neck
Oliver doing just about enough to prevent Topkent streams of abuse (so I thought - should have known this was unlikely)
Other things that I forget now
Lever
Petty
May’s kicking
Windsor taking the game on. Great tackle in the 4th
Winning 🏆

The great:

every single match the cameras pick up a moment where May and Lever are having a go at one another. I love it. It works. Both have strong opinions and really want to martial the defence. Clearly works plus it’s always funny.

The bad:

Camera staying on Max for way to long when he had a foot-long string of dribble hanging from his beard.

The terrible: What did we do to deserve the channel 7 commentary team they put out there? Might as well have invited Milo Kerrigan to join in. Then Foxtel step in to offer some of the worst analysis I’ve heard since Danster. Incredible.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back