Review Dees v the Blood-Stained Angels: the Good, Bad & Downright Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

I want to get mad but I laugh react most oppo boards after they melt so just gotta sit here and cop it, much like Geelong copped it in the prelim last year.
Reacts always seem like pretty low level trolling to me - I’ve never really gotten to a point of worrying about it. It does seem to really freak out some BF posters though. I’m quite enjoying Mad Catter’s effort really. He’s actually a bit unpredictable with which posts to favour with some attention which is interesting.

Reacts always seem like pretty low level trolling to me - I’ve never really gotten to a point of worrying about it. It does seem to really freak out some BF posters though. I’m quite enjoying Mad Catter’s effort really. He’s actually a bit unpredictable with which posts to favour with some attention which is interesting.
Yeah I don't think the 'lurking-likes' is anything too much to worry about. Most of the ribbing we've copped so far has been tame and in good spirit. Please don't let that be a jinx for a shitstorm when I go to bed tonight.

Yeah I don't think the 'lurking-likes' is anything too much to worry about. Most of the ribbing we've copped so far has been tame and in good spirit. Please don't let that be a jinx for a shitstorm when I go to bed tonight.

Thank you for being a reasonable mod. I always think its soft when oppo boards crack it at lurk liking, if they're spamming troll posts fair enough but it does make me chuckle a bit.

Anyone remember that time that Saints fan went nuts and spammed gay pr0n in our post game thread after they beat us with that Montagna goal?

Thank you for being a reasonable mod. I always think its soft when oppo boards crack it at lurk liking, if they're spamming troll posts fair enough but it does make me chuckle a bit.

Anyone remember that time that Saints fan went nuts and spammed gay pr0n in our post game thread after they beat us with that Montagna goal?
I remember it vividly.

I don’t think that was really a Saints supporter - i remember Doss came in to nuke him and said it was a regular nutter with multi accounts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I feel like cracking down on liking/reacting just encourages it tbh (it does for me anyway)

*, I do now. What a wild time that was.

Weve created a massive problem for ourselves with our strategy. It would have shown up a lot earlier if not for playing the Eagles and Roos prior to the last two weeks.

1) We rely way too much on structure as a means of winning games. Good structure is important but ours has papered over some fundamental deficiencies in our footy basics. Further, as soon as we lose a defender the opposition smell blood.

2) We've hardly played out a 4 qtr game this year because weve opted to control games way too much. As a result we've forgotten how to attack against good defenses and oppositions have flooded our forward line as a result. We are way too pedestrian with our inside 50s.

3) We've always been strong on players playing their role. It's great when everything works but weve conditioned and pidgeon holed the way a lot of our players play. When the system isnt working we need players to step up and do something different, not rely on other players or the system itself to get us over the line. We were out marked and beaten 1 on 1 too often and too tentative in contests tonight. We need to be more agile.

4) Goodwin has to forget how he wants us to play in finals (if we make it) and be more intent on just getting the 4 points. These games this early are not a dress rehearsal. It's only R12 and we are sluggish as *.

His gameplan has to focus more on the basics. Simpler ball use, more intensity, harder tackles, empowering players to be more individual and assertive, working harder to block the opposition on the rebound etc.

We have time to fine tune our system later. Right now we're on a downward spiral and the longer it takes us to regain our footy basics the more points we cough up each week.

I think our height balance has been shown up a bit too. We have mids and we have conventional talls but not enough of those quickish agile mid/tall utility types like Sydney had tonight.

Good: Gawn's marking. Viney and Oliver tried, Pickett creative, Petty presented.

Bad: coughing up 4 points to top 8 competitors at the MCG. Looking very sluggish. Sydney's intercept Mark's. Overplayed our system forgotten how to just play. Has our fitness dropped also?

Ugly: playing an in form filth next week.

Last edited:

I like to think of it as the Toumpa goal.

The good: Finally our flaws, that have existed all season, get exposed for our coaches and supporters to see.
The bad: Tomlinson.
The Ugly: Ben Brown and having no obvious replacement.

felt very 2017-2019 - 0 connection between midfield and forwardline.

backs werent atrocious given who they had on the park, but lever is dead set useless without may there.

ben brown nothing for a month, fritch the only forward who looks anywhere near it.

smalls are ok for a quarter and then do nothing (again).

midfield dominated after quarter time and turnovers galore.

not panic stations yet but they'd be glad they have 10 wins banked already, don't look anywhere near it atm.

I think you're right actually, I actually remember seeing someone on the Saints board say the same thing happened to them after a loss once.
Yeah there always seem to be a few regular type nutters. Mostly i don’t get to see them because an admin will remove the material fast, but the pr0n guy was pretty epic.

The one that I reckon is fully nuts is Seawind and his million alt accounts, with the obsession of sending PMs of turds in a toilet. The artwork actually has a home-made quality too, so its weird to think that someone could make a 10 year hobby of photographing his crap to send to people on BigFooty. I can’t even imaging how strange you would have to be to make the effort on that one.

I think the part that frustrated me a lot is our first quarter, we seemingly did all the things that should have been addressed after last week. We looked sharp, we lowered our eyes inside 50. When the Swans turned up the heat in the second we started bombing the kicks in again

Good: Swans, Max Gawn (great), Viney

Don't feel like doing bad or ugly, already been overly critical tonight.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back