Unofficial Preview Dees vs Ninth - Banter thread (opposition fans welcome).

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our last 100 point win was in 1996, against Fitzroy..... The irony.

Thats how bad we have been:(

I think many MFC fans may well think if we pump them by 100+ points this week though, knowing what both sets of clubs fans know about the characteristics of cellar dwellers, we would mutually agree we would be mid-long term doing MFC a favour to be fair, despite any short term RFC glory!

No chance we can win this!
wont get within 10 goals i imagine.
Would like to see Dawes and Watts play well together forward maybe kick 3 each or so.
I would neally cream my jocks if i could see some tackles actually stick.
Would be awesome to see a few centre clearances if thats not to much to ask for.
Finally a bit of Mongrel in our playing group for 4 quarters.

I thought it traced back to the 80s and 90s? The whole 'We finished 9th again' thing is definitely pre-2000

Pretty sure that song came out in 2008

I'm pretty sure I've got these years correctly, we finished ninth in:

2008, 2006, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1964, 1952, 1912, and 1908

Obviously the one in 1964 and prior to that year are irrelevant as it was a completely different system.

The one thing I'm now sure of though...is we hate even numbers.

Pretty sure that song came out in 2008

I'm pretty sure I've got these years correctly, we finished ninth in:

2008, 2006, 2000, 1998, 1996, 1994, 1964, 1952, 1912, and 1908

Obviously the one in 1964 and prior to that year are irrelevant as it was a completely different system.

The one thing I'm now sure of though...is we hate even numbers.
dont like even numbers ? im not giving the 80 cup back ok ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Thats how bad we have been:(

I think many MFC fans may well think if we pump them by 100+ points this week though, knowing what both sets of clubs fans know about the characteristics of cellar dwellers, we would mutually agree we would be mid-long term doing MFC a favour to be fair, despite any short term RFC glory!

Meh, If the club still isn't aware that there are some massive issues at the club then they are doomed anyway.

all banter aside i feel sorry for your club we have been there ourselves after all. do as we did invest in youth a get rid of your biggest spuds. ie: most of your coaches luck for the rest of the season not this game though

I cast my mind back to 96. I remember playing on a Sunday under 10s team whilst Melbourne played Fitzroy the same day. I
Melbourne were an average :( team in 96 but I do remember that anything short of 10 goals was a failure. Now I feel like a Fitzroy supporter and some 9 year old tiger fan out there expects a 10 goal win.

It was. Which is about the same as our average winning margin against your mob for the unbeaten run we had seven years previous

Was it 70 last year?

Some bold and cocky predictions from the Tigers supporters, they're up and about

McKenzie to keep Cotchin to under 20 touches, Viney to come off the victor in a bone jarring collision with Dusty, Jones x 2 to double team Lids, Frawley to reignite his season by destroying Riewoldt, Dawes to lay an Neitz-esque McCabe crunch / goal....all of this without our perennial performer against the Tiges, Big Col Sylvia

Dees by 78 points in a canter

*may or may not happen....more likely not....in fact.....definitely not

No chance we can win this!
wont get within 10 goals i imagine.
Would like to see Dawes and Watts play well together forward maybe kick 3 each or so.
I would neally cream my jocks if i could see some tackles actually stick.
Would be awesome to see a few centre clearances if thats not to much to ask for.
Finally a bit of Mongrel in our playing group for 4 quarters.

Unfortunately I think you may be right. Your club's suffered so much over the last 3 years that I think the players have lost the winning edge and the confidence of how to win. We went through it too, and it sucks.
Agree with you on the outcome, Tigers by 60 points+. Would be good to see some good individual performances from some of your boys on Sunday. (But not all! :))

You guys are an arrogant bunch for a club that has been shithouse my whole lifetime.

After being shithouse for over 30 years, we're now buoyant after the strides our new coach, playing group and CEO have made since 2010. It's natural. But many of us still get nervous going into games, this one included!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back