Did we just witness the dumbest play in finals history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Veruca Salt/spoiled toddler stuff, blew an entire season for a club because it was all about him and his take on a free kick.

Hope his family is getting around him, probably just sinking in that he will be reminded of this for the rest of his life.

Any word from the Dees, has he apologised to the group or anything like that? Will all still be pretty raw I guess.

Pickett’s last quarter was pretty special
Not handballing to someone free in the goal square, 50mtr penalty, dribble kick into the post 15 mtr out
I have no issue with Pickett having a shot from 20m directly in front even if there is someone in the square. The odds of him missing it are about the same as him stuffing up the handball or the guy in the square fumbling the receive . The mistake was missing the goal, not not handballing it.

I have no issue with Pickett having a shot from 20m directly in front even if there is someone in the square. The odds of him missing it are about the same as him stuffing up the handball or the guy in the square fumbling the receive . The mistake was missing the goal, not not handballing it.
It wasn’t the same incident, it was two seperate bits of play

We've both won and lost games with the ball at the other end with similar scores. The few people saying it didn't matter are way off the mark, there aren't any better conditions to make a comeback in a final, not when both backlines are too tired to defend at 100% and had shown signs they were getting leaky.

Would be more forgivable if he didn't crack the shits, was never focused on winning the game at all.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back