Did we just witness the dumbest play in finals history?

Remove this Banner Ad

Episode 11 Spinning GIF by America's Got Talent

Going a dribbler 15m out and hitting the post when the game was in the balance was worse.
Donā€™t forget the wide open teammate who would have run into an open goal if heā€™d have given the simple handball!

Was piss poor umpiring, ā€œstraight back or itā€™s 50ā€ā€¦is straight back not saying it a further 3 times then blowing the whistle
Given how red-hot they've been on other rules that result in 50s at times this season (stand and running through the mark etc.) it was bizarre to see them take so long to pay such a blatant dissent 50.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The game was over when the ball got to Lever surely. How did Viney not just have a ping from 50 before that? 7 points down, just need a score to be right in it, instead tries to finesse a short pass and that was it.

Lever, like the whole Dees team, couldn't deal with the Lions in H2.

With the ball going into the Lions forward line and not to interceptors, the Dees defenders had no answer to the ball at ground level, they even looked incompotent at times in defense, scrambling about on all fours like next door Nora taking orders.

Dees were panicked, and Lever was only one in a series of finals fluffs.

I think dees have 2 flaws (back and front), not just 1, and now they need to improve 5% or more in 2023 just to keep pace, not enough to jump ahead of other more versatile sides. A dynasty is still a concept only for them.

Just watched it back. Totally stupid. Under two goals the difference. If Brisbane kick a point Melbourne get the ball and can have a crack at an end to end run.

Difficult but they had a pulse. He throws a tantrum which is bad enough but also inexplicably holds on to the ball, running down the clock further. Mind boggling even if it hadnā€™t been fifty.

Just watched it back. Totally stupid. Under two goals the difference. If Brisbane kick a point Melbourne get the ball and can have a crack at an end to end run.

Difficult but they had a pulse. He throws a tantrum which is bad enough but also inexplicably holds on to the ball, running down the clock further. Mind boggling even if it hadnā€™t been fifty.
Very, very strange. All caught up in the emotion of "*, we lost"? Idk. Inexcusable.

Missed it live, got home and watched the last quarter back with a mate who knows next to nothing about footy. I couldn't believe what i was watching as the 50 was paid. I was trying to explain to my mate what had happened and I barely believed my own words.šŸ˜²

People saying the game was over anyway, 7 points down with 1:23 on the clock isn't without hope to at least go into extra time. That mindless move compeletly ended the small chance Melbourne still had.

Last edited:
Very, very strange. All caught up in the emotion of "*, we lost"? Idk. Inexcusable.

Missed it live, got home and watched the last quarter back with a mate who knows next to nothing about footy. I couldn't believe what i was watching as the 50 was paid. I was trying to explain to my mate what had happened and I barely believed my own words.šŸ˜²
Put a bullet in Melbourneā€™s season there and then.

Jake Lever

120893-1015425407.gif

Absolute brain explosion from Lever

Spun around like a Beyblade and then carried on like a porkchop afterwards. I haven't seen anything like it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back