D3 Division 3 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Avid watcher of VAFA. Personally not aligned with any club.

Had my brother in-law play for LaTrobe Uni yesterday down at the Bullies home deck. He's a current mature age student (weird I know).

He was telling me that he saw the umpire drinking a can of sugarcane juice post game.
Surely those Hipster Bullies aren't flogging alternative soft drinks like they flog their alternative milks.
Probably charged an obscene amount for it to like they do all their other beverages behind the bar.

Also EP unlucky. Feel for them.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

wtf is a pixel 5

Powerhouse, just a lazy 78.53 kicked between the 1's and 2's.

131 scoring shots is unbelievable.

It was called out when they merged the grades that these types of results could happen. It hasn't taken long for them to occur.

Is it honestly good for the VAFA that we have 3 teams that are going to be whipping boys for the rest of the competition? It's only going to get worse once injuries/OS travel and the middle of winter arrive.

GOOD EVENING EVERYONE. I HOPE WE ALL ENJOYED WHAT WAS A WONDERFUL WEEKEND. I GOT THE CHANCE TO SEE THE BEST GAME OF THE ROUND AND IT WAS A RIDE. BOY OH BOY.

wOULD LIKE TO TRY SOMETHING NEW AND SUMMARISE A KEY GAME EACH WEEK WITH A POEM.
Great work BL, got one of me own.

Roses are red, violets are blue,
Canterbury cheated, they’re supposed ta be in div two.

Keysborough Lover.

Powerhouse, just a lazy 78.53 kicked between the 1's and 2's.

131 scoring shots is unbelievable.

It was called out when they merged the grades that these types of results could happen. It hasn't taken long for them to occur.

Is it honestly good for the VAFA that we have 3 teams that are going to be whipping boys for the rest of the competition? It's only going to get worse once injuries/OS travel and the middle of winter arrive.
GY, this could be your third or fourth post complaining about cricket scores in this division. What do you think the VAFA should do to help? Should we send the clubs to their own league? They're turning up each week with two teams on the park to play footy, where do you propose they play?

Tired of reading about problems lets start coming up with some solutions
Cheers
WWHC

Hey Guys,

sorry me again, slow day at work.

Just having a look at the fixture with the byes some teams get 2 some get 1 so Swinburne, Cobras, Bullies and Richmond all play 17x games this season the rest play 16x games

is there a method to this? does this effect the ladder at all?

Kind regards

GY, this could be your third or fourth post complaining about cricket scores in this division. What do you think the VAFA should do to help? Should we send the clubs to their own league? They're turning up each week with two teams on the park to play footy, where do you propose they play?

Tired of reading about problems lets start coming up with some solutions
Cheers
WWHC

I don't have a solution to the problems being faced in Div 4. I honestly don't believe their is a solution to the problem, I just know that warning bells would be ringing at HQ.

I haven't criticised any one club nor knocked them for turning out two sides each week. I commend the clubs and players that turn up knowing they will be absolutely belted each week, I fear the 'F' word is about 3-4 weeks away from being published regularly on the results page.

I'll cool my jets on the blowouts for now and try to think of a solution.

I don't have a solution to the problems being faced in Div 4. I honestly don't believe their is a solution to the problem, I just know that warning bells would be ringing at HQ.

I haven't criticised any one club nor knocked them for turning out two sides each week. I commend the clubs and players that turn up knowing they will be absolutely belted each week, I fear the 'F' word is about 3-4 weeks away from being published regularly on the results page.

I dont think HQ would know which teams are in div 3 let alone give a frogs ear about the scorelines. All teams can do is get into the opposition clubrooms after the game, drink a moondog (shoutout) buy a ticket to the meat tray and shake hands

sent from my iphone 8

Avid watcher of VAFA. Personally not aligned with any club.

Had my brother in-law play for LaTrobe Uni yesterday down at the Bullies home deck. He's a current mature age student (weird I know).

He was telling me that he saw the umpire drinking a can of sugarcane juice post game.
Surely those Hipster Bullies aren't flogging alternative soft drinks like they flog their alternative milks.
Probably charged an obscene amount for it to like they do all their other beverages behind the bar.

Also EP unlucky. Feel for them.

On Pixel 5 using BigFooty.com mobile app

Did the BIL have anything to say about the incessant drumming throughout the afternoon? Must have been a WTF moment. Proper weird units.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This was on the cards from beginning of season.

Draw a line through the ladder as it stands. The top 5-6 teams play each other 1-2 times over remaining rounds and bottom sides play amongst themselves. Not sheepstations at lower end of div 3 and more about giving these clubs a chance to grow.

Hey Guys,

sorry me again, slow day at work.

Just having a look at the fixture with the byes some teams get 2 some get 1 so Swinburne, Cobras, Bullies and Richmond all play 17x games this season the rest play 16x games

is there a method to this? does this effect the ladder at all?

Kind regards
Would hardly call the fixtures against Eley Park and Chadstone 'games' but I would assume this would have a big impact on the ladder with potential gaps in % should the extra games be against the bottom teams otherwise W-L records will be skewed with uneven number of games played.
Not sure what the VAFA geniuses were thinking when they wrote up this years fixture...

Would hardly call the fixtures against Eley Park and Chadstone 'games' but I would assume this would have a big impact on the ladder with potential gaps in % should the extra games be against the bottom teams otherwise W-L records will be skewed with uneven number of games played.
Not sure what the VAFA geniuses were thinking when they wrote up this years fixture...

Yeah, I was just looking at it as does this mean Swinburne, Cobras, Bullies and Richmond all get a chance at an extra 4 pts to slide into the top 5 because they play an extra game or am I missing something with the way the fixture is set up?

Yeah, I was just looking at it as does this mean Swinburne, Cobras, Bullies and Richmond all get a chance at an extra 4 pts to slide into the top 5 because they play an extra game or am I missing something with the way the fixture is set up?
It would appear that this is the case, perhaps the tradeoff of playing an extra game/having a chance at an extra 4 points is only playing Chadstone/Eley once and having a lower %.
Not sure why the VAFA would try play fortune tellers in guessing who the top half teams will be and giving them extra games before the season started?
Unsure if this is trying to 'level the playing field' but IMO having a fair fixture for all teams in the league and playing teams an even number of times makes more sense. Let nature take its course with the good teams beating the bad...

Did the BIL have anything to say about the incessant drumming throughout the afternoon? Must have been a WTF moment. Proper weird units.
Can you elaborate TB? First bagpipes and now drums, what are the doing up there? Vafa footy and especially the old tip men of NB used to attend the school of hard knocks, now it looks like they are attending the school of Scottish rock.

On another note, I heard a bloke running around was named Cheese, which I found hard to believe considering they are all probably dairy free. Kale or Broccoli sounds more the vibe of the current NB stocks.

On another note, I heard a bloke running around was named Cheese, which I found hard to believe considering they are all probably dairy free. Kale or Broccoli sounds more the vibe of the current NB stocks.
It'd be an ironic joke - a bit like calling someone with red hair "bluey".

It'd be an ironic joke - a bit like calling someone with red hair "bluey".
Hopefully the case, although would hate for the name to stem from copious smegma. Been there before, not pretty.

May just be an avid happy hour lover.

Keen for some insight. Hope we all are looking after our old fellas.

BL

Attachments

• JF_75597_HomemadeFreshCheese_2x1_12801-6071ded2939c47b89063fecbaf362661.jpg
    JF_75597_HomemadeFreshCheese_2x1_12801-6071ded2939c47b89063fecbaf362661.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 14

Remove this Banner Ad

Back