Review Dogs Discombobulate the Plastics 126 - 65

Remove this Banner Ad

Geez it's been fun again watching football the last 2 week's, 2nd quarter today aside.

Added to the Naughton stare over Davis, I thought the reaction to Shaw giving away a 50 to Lloyd and the subsequent goal was brilliant, got right in his face. Loved it.

Yeah the stare was fantastic, ruined by not kicking a goal, but I can see this becoming a regular iconic feature of his game.

A great opportunity next week MD, let's hope we take it.

Thought we slowed the game down well in the second half and became cleaner with our ball use.

Only change next week if Libba is fit is for Hayes. Not sure who is out for English. After a slow start Lewis Young was very impressive and should not make way

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We may have a small issue if we get the rain they expect

English will come in so I think Young could be very stiff and miss because we won’t be able to go to tall in the wet

Does anyone think we could be a chance if we carry our form in? I can't think of anyone we couldn't beat if the sun was shining our way

If I’m comparing it to 2016 I think we match up well against our 2016 team.

Key defenders the difference though. 2016 we had both Adams and Hamling on the list. Nowhere near the same.

Marking in the forward line in 2019 is better though. Considerably.

Ruck also an issue. 2016 we had the dual ducks who both offered more in the ruck contest.

I posted a stat earlier in the week. We are number one in the comp for marks inside 50 and shots on goal. I hope everyone realises we are a bloody good team. We just need it to all click for a 4 week period (again).
That for the entire year or since the bye?

Bulldogs - 2019
Marks I50: 271 (Ranked 1st)
Shots At Goal: 584 (Ranked 2nd)
Goal Accuracy: 44.7% (Ranked 13th)
Kicked Behinds: 216 (Ranked 1st)
Scoring Shots: 477 (Ranked 2nd)
No Score: 107 (Ranked 5th)
Scores: 515 (Ranked 2nd)

Like always just need to fix up the accuracy.

I loved the Bont standing up and showing a little bit on mongrel when we were a little down.

If they do not make this bloke Captain next year I really don’t get it.

Ps I’m sorry I have no idea why my words are in bold 🤷🏼‍♂️
Williams shat his pants when he saw Bont coming towards him at one point in the middle. He won the free, but man, that one was worth it. I like Williams fwiw, but Bont got fired up right when we needed him to tonight. Will probably be overshadowed by Macrae and Dunks in votes, but I enjoyed Bont's game very much.

Williams shat his pants when he saw Bont coming towards him at one point in the middle. He won the free, but man, that one was worth it. I like Williams fwiw, but Bont got fired up right when we needed him to tonight. Will probably be overshadowed by Macrae and Dunks in votes, but I enjoyed Bont's game very much.

Never saw Williams run through the middle after that moment. It’s like he lived in fear of the great man taking him out again

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Think Bont was our second best player even though Macrae had 39 touches.

Bont had one more clearance, four more tackles, Jack was a little wasteful with ball in hand at times, and of course in terms of intangibles you can't understate how Bont fired up the team in a big way with that little patch of physicality.

Not to say Jack didn't have a great game himself but I think it was one of those cases where you really value what Bont contributed even though he didn't get 30+ touches.

Does anyone think we could be a chance if we carry our form in? I can't think of anyone we couldn't beat if the sun was shining our way
I have us playing the Eagles in the GF

I’d have Libba in our finals team.

If back Him everyday of the week to not go missing.

Libba>Lipa>Dale>Hayes

As I said earlier next year could be different and many will disagree but that’s the way I see it.
Fair enough.
I love Libba too - the genuine toughness, the ability to open up the ground with great vision and beautiful kicking along with the inside work, but I'm worried that he won't get back to even 80% of his best this season should we make finals, and that would be a potentially match deciding decision to play him or not. I think Lipinksi has grown heaps in confidence as the season has gone on, and I now have more confidence in him too. Dale knows where the goals are but needs to get more of it? (People will disagree), and I still think Hayes panics when under pressure or perceived pressure.

TLDR I agree with your preference, but only if Libba is fit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Something that has gone a bit unnoticed is how many times Shaq gets to a marking contest and brings the ball down

Just gets his arm up to tap it down if he cant mark it

I want Libba back but he’s not replacing Lipinski or Dale. Hayes is an easy decision and then Ed but not the other two without earning it. Not sure why Dale has to get more of it. Not everyone can or need to get get 30 possessions. We’ve got enough of those. He’s there to kick goals and create. He’s even tackling now.

Peak Libba better than peak Lipinski but Libba hasn’t been peak Libba since early in season. I love the guy - was severely underrated in finals - but it’s Hayes or Ed as the entry point.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So if you happen to be lucky enough to play in a premiership and try hard you can’t be criticised. To me the best thing to come out of today was Lewis Young. Better than anything ever seen from Cordy.
Sorry, but Cordy’s first goal in the grand final was special and hard to top!

Watching replay again up to second quarter end. Love how Bont took out both Williams and Haynes in quick succession as a statement and then followed up with laughing in the face of Davis and a strong conversation with umpire at half time. Continued taunting Davis and our big game bunny Heath Shaw in the last. He’s going to be the Wayne Carey/Michael Voss level captain when he takes over.

I think what happened was Deboer gave him some kind of behind the play treatment which got him a bit mad. There was some remonstrations and so forth before bont starting running into blokes.

Even when he is being 'held' he is accomplishing so much for the other mids who can have a free run at it. Macrae would be copping that each and every week otherwise.

When you coach a team Charlie there is only one stat that not only matters but what you are judged on, winning.

We were not expected to make the finals after the bye due to our hard part of the draw being in this period. Yet we are now sitting in the 8.

Daniel has played in all 3 losses and only 2 of the wins. We have scored more than we ever have during this time as a team. We have had 4 no goal quarters in the last 2 week's against other finals teams. So yeah Daniel whilst a good player is severely overrated by you and a few others and results bare that out

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

You really don't understand the difference between correlation and causation matey.
Arguing a causal relationship between a player missing games and a win/loss ratio with a sample size of less than a dozen in a team of 22 blokes is laughable for anyone who is data literate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back