Dumbest Thing Ever Said By a Footballer

Remove this Banner Ad

"But, at the end of the day, I wanted to come to a club that was going to hopefully win more premierships.",
Lance Franklin at press conference revealing his move to Sydney, just before his old club goes on to win two premierships in a row, one of them against his new team.

Hawks fans love rubbing that quote into Buddy but I'm sure he was talking about choosing Sydney over GWS. He wasn't referring to Hawthorn.

Buddy has also played in 2 GFs with the Swans; what he said wasn't that silly. Not like he's been contending for spoons since leaving the Hawks.

Hawks fans love rubbing that quote into Buddy but I'm sure he was talking about choosing Sydney over GWS. He wasn't referring to Hawthorn.

Buddy has also played in 2 GFs with the Swans; what he said wasn't that silly. Not like he's been contending for spoons since leaving the Hawks.

Yes, but lets not let the truth get in the way of a good story. The reality is, that if he'd stayed put he'd have 4 flags now instead of 2. As much as I like Buddy, and still love watching him in action when he's not playing us (in which case he's usually quite ordinary), but I'd sacrifice a goat to whatever god is necessary if it would ensure he never wins another flag for the rest of his career. Sadly that seems unlikely, although given their two regular GF day performers are ex-hawks (and the other is now a current Hawk), if the others don't grow a set, my wish may be granted.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This and/or anything else that has come out of this bloke's mouth.

Howe saying he wanted to go to Collingwood for success. Taylor Adam's comments about Dunn wanting to move to a "successful club".

How did that work out? :rolleyes:

Did you enjoy his celebration today? Not too bad.

This and/or anything else that has come out of this bloke's mouth.

Howe saying he wanted to go to Collingwood for success. Taylor Adam's comments about Dunn wanting to move to a "successful club".

How did that work out? :rolleyes:

Can sort've see what Howe and Dunn were thinking after today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back