Toast Dustin Martin and Bachar Houli- hats off

Remove this Banner Ad

The fact that Martin didn't make All Australian was justified by our own club B&F where he rightly came 6th. Prestia far more stiff to miss AA in my opinion, and once again shows how superficial the judges are when forming the squad.
No. Our B&F system is literally hand out gold stars to the kids who stick crayons up their noses.

The fact that Martin didnt make All Australian was a joke and I am glad he showed what he did in the GF and the finals. I hope it makes all you sploodge socks who never give him any credit feel like the right morons you are.

Sploodge socks...now that’s a new one.

Sounds Irish 🤔

Martin 15
Houli 6 (don't agree because of 5 real play touches in the 1st half but he didn't play badly either)
Pickett 4
Riewoldt 3
Prestia 2

Final votes
What a F#$%en Joke that is . Who gave these votes?

The only thing funny about the whole episode is that whenever Knights comes up, Richmond supporters are his biggest advocate as a coach… forgetting how much they benefited from his ineptitude via Houli!

Knights absolutely ruined Houli at Essendon, playing him purely as an inside midfielder and mostly in the reserves. The odd time he would get called up, he’d get one game, play reasonably and then be dropped straight away despite contributing far more than teammates.

Not surprisingly Houli bailed for greener pastures, we tried to get him back after we sacked Knights but he’d already given his word to Richmond and didn’t want to go back on it.

Has turned out a great move for a great player and great person.

For us, it just all goes back to the original sin. Knights over Hardwick. We’re still paying the price. The Tigers have benefited. Perhaps it's the gods' karma for Sheedy.

Would Essendon have kept Dimma? 2016 was pretty bad for us. Dimma is now regarded as a super coach but he could have easily been another Richmond coach that didn’t get the cookies.

Very good point and im glad you did some research , Now as a comparison what did pendlebury get the first 17 games ? 12 votes
Now considering Dusty missed 2 games in 2019 round 3 against Port (win) round 21 against carlton (win) you would think dusty would have polled.

From rnd 17 onwards Pendlebury polled just 2 more votes but Martin polled another 12
Total
Pendles -14 (22 games)
martin - 23 (20 games)
As soon as I saw Pendlebury in the team and not dusty I shook my head. Oh well dusty can console himself with his normie and premiership medallions.

Well considering you used the brownlow medal count as a guide lets have a look at the top 9 in the brownlow count
Nat Fyfe – 33 votes
Patrick Dangerfield – 27
Lachie Neale – 26
Patrick Cripps – 26
Tim Kelly – 24

Brodie Grundy – 23
Dustin Martin* – 23
Marcus Bontempelli – 22
Jack Macrae – 22

8 of the top 9 are mids and dusty was equal 6th

There is 1 Midfielders that was selected as AA that are not amongst them Pendlebury
Dusty should have been selected instead of him.

Anyway pointless but interesting debate
Anyone who uses the Downlow Medal as a guide is a lazy analyst football follower drinking the cool aide of the AFL/Umpires. Never has and never will be a true indication of any footballers value to the TEAM game. An individual award that if it did not have women displaying breasts whilst walking along a red carpet would be dispatched back to the radio waves where it belongs.

Would Essendon have kept Dimma? 2016 was pretty bad for us. Dimma is now regarded as a super coach but he could have easily been another Richmond coach that didn’t get the cookies.

Who knows, alternate universe kind of stuff. It’s the sort of the thing that takes very strong leadership and that’s not something Essendon has ever really had. I think Little was a very strong leader, but in that alternate universe he’s probably never in the main chair.

Anyone who uses the Downlow Medal as a guide is a lazy analyst football follower drinking the cool aide of the AFL/Umpires. Never has and never will be a true indication of any footballers value to the TEAM game. An individual award that if it did not have women displaying breasts whilst walking along a red carpet would be dispatched back to the radio waves where it belongs.
Well if there is 8 / 9 correct then denying that its a very good guide is just sticking your head in the sand

You clearly didnt watch Martin this year , After a down 2018 most commentators were again calling him the best player in the game and dominated the finals series missing 2 games and still considered the best.
Best player in game that is a farcical assessment. Dominate the finals. That is just not supported by any measure past or present. Very subjective.
"Captain Blood" still remembered 70 years on...DM will be long forgotten...or maybe Captain Fendoff..."Captain Blood" has a ring to it.
But heh the masses of which you are no doubt part off "Need a hero to worship" Good for you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best player in game that is a farcical assessment. Dominate the finals. That is just not supported by any measure past or present. Very subjective.
"Captain Blood" still remembered 70 years on...DM will be long forgotten...or maybe Captain Fendoff..."Captain Blood" has a ring to it.
But heh the masses of which you are no doubt part off "Need a hero to worship" Good for you.

Haven't they run out of tissues in Geelong yet?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back