Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Considering Dangerfield has played 26 games that isn't saying much is it champ.
It has nothing to do with it, what does anything about form 8 years ago have anything to do with whose the better player now?
Is GAJ the best player in the league by a mile? No? He was 8 years ago...
You Cats make me laugh, and where have I focused on just 8 years ago? I have compared "all" 8 years.
Just face it, Dusty is just as good as Danger, it's as simple as that.

So Dustys amazing 3 games put him to a level of a subdued Dangerfield?

You asked the question...

Sigh.
You really are dense.
We are talking about whose better NOW. What does anything prior to NOW have to do with, you guessed it, NOW?

He gave you an answer by not just looking at NOW.....

You asked the question...

He gave you an answer by not just looking at NOW.....

Can you not read?
I never said anything about the past, hence 3 games. For both of our clubs we have played 3 games so far right?
Dusty apparently has played 3 "amazing" games, Danger 3 "subdued" games according to some and they are equal according to Ling.
If anyone wants to use anything prior to this year as an argument go look at the official AFL rankings. Danger a clear number 1, Dusty a distance 21.

Can you not read?
I never said anything about the past, hence 3 games. For both of our clubs we have played 3 games so far right?
Dusty apparently has played 3 "amazing" games, Danger 3 "subdued" games according to some and they are equal according to Ling.
If anyone wants to use anything prior to this year as an argument go look at the official AFL rankings. Danger a clear number 1, Dusty a distance 21.
All I'm reading is crap from you. What's with this rubbish about "amazing" and "subdued". They've played 3 games each and currently or NOW, Dusty would be a shade ahead of Danger in those games. That's all one can say. The last two weeks we've heard the opposition coaches say that they've had team plans just to subdue Martin yet he has still been amazing. The guy is a freak. What's wrong with lauding someone who plays at that level? Even Dangerfield would probably admit that this year at current standings, Dusty is ahead. What happens in the future, nobody knows and we can only speculate.

All I'm reading is crap from you. What's with this rubbish about "amazing" and "subdued". They've played 3 games each and currently or NOW, Dusty would be a shade ahead of Danger in those games. That's all one can say. The last two weeks we've heard the opposition coaches say that they've had team plans just to subdue Martin yet he has still been amazing. The guy is a freak. What's wrong with lauding someone who plays at that level? Even Dangerfield would probably admit that this year at current standings, Dusty is ahead. What happens in the future, nobody knows and we can only speculate.

Agreed.
So what does the past 8 years have to do with how they are performing now? (mindful of the fact it wasn't you who posted that BTW).

This weekend:
Dusty 43% DE
Dangerfield 71% DE

Clear improvement for Dangerfield who was as low as 32% DE late in the game last week.

Its only one stat but its a pretty important one.

one game played under the dome in perfect conditions and one played for a half in torrential rain

good stats mate

Melbourne would have smashed Richmond if they'd played today, will give good sides a huge run for their money.

No comments on Dangerfields left foot 45m goal today? Even the game day thread was too salty to acknowledge it.

Wouldve smashed you 2 if they kicked straight,got away with 2 wins you probably shouldn't have got but thats what good teams do

Jesus christ, the melts you Geelong fans will have if Dusty wins the brownlow this year.

Dusty wins brownlow, this thread will be cheese in the oven... mmm tasty MELTing cheese...

Also Dusty this year has been easily on par with Dangerfield, if not more influential and effective.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When this post was started I would have said no. Rated Dusty in the best half dozen in the comp but felt Danger was the benchmark. 3 rounds in and seeing him have the impact with the Tigers which Danger is with the Cats and I am starting to believe. He likely has 7 Brownlow votes already.

At the moment Martin is better. Dangerfield doesn't always use the footy that well, still plays like it's 1965, gets it and just bombs it long and direct which is fine but not always that damaging. Great ball winner and runner but doesn't lower the eyes. Martin does his damage on the scoreboard and can hit up targets pretty well.

He had the second worst DE% on the ground. It can happen when you have a lot of contested possessions, but for comparison, Gaff had 17 contested possessions and still went at 72%. Martin 21 at 42%.
Martin 10 coaches votes, Gaff 1 vote.
Appears the coaches don't agree with you.

I think it's pretty even. I thought Danger was a little above Dusty last year but I'd maybe have Dusty edging Danger so far this year. It's pretty close right now, not a lot separating the two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back