Opinion Dustin Martin is better than Dangerfield

Remove this Banner Ad

Think we can all agree Danger is ahead of Dusty at this stage. The reason this whole thing is even a conversation is that Dusty is on par with many of Danger's traits and has a few even better. Two years younger, to be expected. If you're picking a player to slot into your team for 2018+ onwards, Dusty is the man. Who is the more accomplished player right now? Danger obviously.

Article in today's paper said the Cats realise Danger cannot kick so they have remodeled his game focusing on handballing to team mates.

There is no question that dusty has danger covered on the kicking front, danger gets more inside that Martin but there isn't a whole lot of difference in who you would rather in your team .

I think if I was a team mate I would rather Martin he seems loved by the team and obviously is a bit of a lad isn't a figjam and want the spotlight where Danger clearly is that and more. So as far as personality goes I would want to play footy with Martin over Danger everyday of the week

Conca not as good as Hepple, but he has has a shocking run with injury. Apart from taking dodgy drugs Hepple has been blessed

Conca excellent again last night. Just continues to impress, and like Houli and Grimes gets no media kudos whatsoever. If they can't talk Dusty (and Rioli to an extent), they don't talk Richmond.

I think if I was a team mate I would rather Martin he seems loved by the team and obviously is a bit of a lad isn't a figjam and want the spotlight where Danger clearly is that and more. So as far as personality goes I would want to play footy with Martin over Danger everyday of the week

What a load fo s**t - fine form marty.

There is no question that dusty has danger covered on the kicking front, danger gets more inside that Martin but there isn't a whole lot of difference in who you would rather in your team .

I'm happy for danger to do as much media as he wants given he has accepted massive unders in wages. Martin won't. Going to cost the Tigers atleast a million and possibly more.

I'm happy for danger to do as much media as he wants given he has accepted massive unders in wages. Martin won't. Going to cost the Tigers atleast a million and possibly more.

That could be the reason he portrays that attitude that he is constantly in the media and walks like he has a stick up his bum. The fact Martin doesn't do it and is seriously a lad, highly differs the two. It's all public perception on what people think of the two as individuals. Although the previous poster doesn't agree I can bet you 90 % of non Geelong or Richmond supporters would see the players in that light

That could be the reason he portrays that attitude that he is constantly in the media and walks like he has a stick up his bum. The fact Martin doesn't do it and is seriously a lad, highly differs the two. It's all public perception on what people think of the two as individuals. Although the previous poster doesn't agree I can bet you 90 % of non Geelong or Richmond supporters would see the players in that light
And who gives a sh****. I only care about his contribution to us winning. Media and personality have zero influence. The wage he takes from our salary and how well he plays does. Most people find accepting a low wage to help the team as admirable by the way. We supporters certainly appreciate it.

And who gives a sh****. I only care about his contribution to us winning. Media and personality have zero influence. The wage he takes from our salary and how well he plays does. Most people find accepting a low wage to help the team as admirable by the way. We supporters certainly appreciate it.

I agree, but you do take offence to it when you get told he acts like one enormous figjam, because you are sticking up for one of your players, this thread unfortunately is comparing the two players, Martin already has an advantage as he doesn't act in that manner, he is quite the opposite.

You mean the dusty who had packed his lockers and was going to be a gws and/or swans player until those clubs rejected him? That sort of loyal?

Hearing what you're saying LD, but the reality of that Martin/GWS scenario makes for a very interesting read, and one that validates his loyalty rather than contradicts it. Happy to share the tale if you're truly interested? Or if it's just a bit of a BF wind up, fair enough too.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whilst Martin is a great player, he is a ticking time bomb. Only a matter of time before he threatens to stab someone with a chopstick again and actually goes through with it.

I think Dustin Martin has proven that he can play on that level. This season for mine has been the best and most impactful I've seen of him regularly in games (although last year was very good too). The gap between them is pretty much gone right now but I'd still give a bit of favour to Dangerfield. Martin will start getting more and more attention and it will be interesting to see whether he can keep performing at the same level for the whole season. We know Dangerfield can. That slight doubt over consistency is the difference for me.

I am enjoying the performance of both players. Dusty looks to be carrying a few niggling injuries, but his first few weeks were blistering. Danger is a fine footballer. An explosive, impact player. Pity he shafted Adelaide, but they look like they don't miss him at all.

Think we can all agree Danger is ahead of Dusty at this stage. The reason this whole thing is even a conversation is that Dusty is on par with many of Danger's traits and has a few even better. Two years younger, to be expected. If you're picking a player to slot into your team for 2018+ onwards, Dusty is the man. Who is the more accomplished player right now? Danger obviously.
There is actually only one year age difference between them even though they got drafted two years apart, so compare Dusty to Danger 2016 for an accurate comparison.

Whilst Martin is a great player, he is a ticking time bomb. Only a matter of time before he threatens to stab someone with a chopstick again and actually goes through with it.
You clearly know the guy on a personal level.

The thread title is 'Dusty is as good as Dangerfield'.

Anyone disputing this would have to be an idiot. Martin was top 3 in the Brownlow last year where Danger clearly had the best year, also in a much better side. This doesn't mean Danger is on some level that no on else can possibly reach. Martin is probably at the moment the most damaging player in the game when he is on and he has had a relatively consistent season, albeit struggled with a couple of injuries. They are different types of players and both have their strengths and weaknesses, but are clearly at the same level.

The only players I would say I have seen on a different level to anyone else on the field in the last few years are Gary Ablett Jnr when he was flying and probably Juddy in his Brownlow year.

I am enjoying the performance of both players. Dusty looks to be carrying a few niggling injuries, but his first few weeks were blistering. Danger is a fine footballer. An explosive, impact player. Pity he shafted Adelaide, but they look like they don't miss him at all.

Returning to your home town after many years of good service is hardly a shafting. Tippet shafted Adelaide, Buddy shafted Hawthorn, I don't think Dangerfield shafted Adelaide. Would rather have Dusty myself, mainly due to being one year younger, so slightly more likely to fit into another flag tilt. Seems Danger will likely miss out on a flag at Geelong, partly due to bad timing with the rise of GWS. GWS is peaking a the same time Danger has. Better disposal also fits our game plan better, and given TOM isn't the best in this area, having Danger and TOM together in the same team would be problematic given our reliance on accurate delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back