EDFL Div 1 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
100% call òn Zak Auck.. great young man and can play the game been in a wonderful environment under Mighty Mick he will now get the game time he has been craving

Donald D

Watched a very large chunk of his junior footy. Great to see these kids now coming through.

100% call òn Zak Auck.. great young man and can play the game been in a wonderful environment under Mighty Mick he will now get the game time he has been craving

Donald D
Yes mate, I believe that could have been one of the main reasons but he also lives in the vicinity and knows a few people I believe. 👍

Yes mate, I believe that could have been one of the main reasons but he also lives in the vicinity and knows a few people I believe. 👍

A lot of these young blokes played EDFL rep footy together winning two VIC metro champs along the way. Their history goes a long way back.

For those without heraldsun subscription and like to stay updated with footy news they have a deal online 4 weeks for $4, so that’s $1 a week. I got 3 months for $12, so if you call them you might get a better deal. Great if your in lockdown.

I'm a huge Volpato fan and Josh's a good player, but I'd be very surprised if Survey wasn't talking about Keirbatieh. Keeping him will be huge.

Found this in the Hillside article regarding Hish.

Jackson Volpato will lead the Sharks solo next year, while key recruits Josh Trembearth and Hisham Kerbatieh are among those to have re-committed 👍

Found this in the Hillside article regarding Hish.

Jackson Volpato will lead the Sharks solo next year, while key recruits Josh Trembearth and Hisham Kerbatieh are among those to have re-committed 👍

Good news.

Good mail Pro.

Is this partly due to the salary cap reduction as Keilor, as per all premier clubs, will need to off load some talent due to the budget. Good result for Hillside who appear to be bouncing back after some losses. So ultimately there list could end up being better than 2019 or at least it appears to have a bit more quality/polish which thry probably lacked in past years.. 🤔
Good to see Hillside recruiting, I did hear they were chasing a couple from EK.
I can’t see them being in relegation mix.

Which clubs will be relegated so Rupertswood can come strait into Div 1 ?
Be a bit annoyed if my Club got demoted an a johhny come lately walked strait into the division. Also why are they promised exceptions from the board?

Be a bit annoyed if my Club got demoted an a johhny come lately walked strait into the division. Also why are they promised exceptions from the board?
No one gets relegated. Rupertswood comes in so no bye in 2021. Hopefully this is made offical soon because it will effect some clubs with the salary cap. Clubs will now play 18 games not 16.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Rupo coming straight to div 1 would be a good thing, i see where you are coming from but the league and c grade do not want another sunbury Kangaroos scenario, the fog would have and should have been promoted if it weren't for sunbury, imagine Rupo go in and do that all again makes it less interesting, Rupo have nothing to prove, solid club when they were in VAFA and a solid club in the RDFL, strong juniors aswell so they certainly tick all the boxes, thats my opinion anyway mate.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think that Rupo coming straight to div 1 would be a good thing, i see where you are coming from but the league and c grade do not want another sunbury Kangaroos scenario, the fog would have and should have been promoted if it weren't for sunbury, imagine Rupo go in and do that all again makes it less interesting, Rupo have nothing to prove, solid club when they were in VAFA and a solid club in the RDFL, strong juniors aswell so they certainly tick all the boxes, thats my opinion anyway mate.

On SM-N975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

agree that the fog were denied by Sunbury K, and I feel denied again this year. I think Rupo would repeat Sunburys Efforts if they were in C grade in 2021. Need to start in B grade or Div1..

agree that the fog were denied by Sunbury K, and I feel denied again this year. I think Rupo would repeat Sunburys Efforts if they were in C grade in 2021. Need to start in B grade or Div1..
The EDFL owe Rupo nothing and i would be pretty pissed off if i was in Div 2 and didnt have the right to claim a spot in Div 1 before Rupo.If they want into the EDFL let them play in Div 2 and if they are good enough they will be promoted .The same as every other club has had to do for 90 years .
It astounds me why we have a rule book when so many rules are disregarded on so many occassions .

The EDFL owe Rupo nothing and i would be pretty pissed off if i was in Div 2 and didnt have the right to claim a spot in Div 1 before Rupo.If they want into the EDFL let them play in Div 2 and if they are good enough they will be promoted .The same as every other club has had to do for 90 years .
It astounds me why we have a rule book when so many rules are disregarded on so many occassions .
Well said chops. Salary caps MAY even the playing field and teams like mv and burn could beat rupo

Unless there is a mass exodus of players out of Rupo- they would belt every club by 10+ Goals every week! Is that what we want ? Don’t forget division 2 is only 8 years old. Anyway, their appeal is still with afl vic so they aren’t over the line just yet!!

Lets name a side of the best 22 over the past 5 years in division 1 seeing as though there is no footy happening any time soon.

Unless there is a mass exodus of players out of Rupo- they would belt every club by 10+ Goals every week! Is that what we want ? Don’t forget division 2 is only 8 years old. Anyway, their appeal is still with afl vic so they aren’t over the line just yet!!
The rules state that a team entering the EDFL must start in the lowest division possible and work ( earn) their way up. Like every new team over the past x amount of years has done. Similar to the VAFA. If we do not like the rule, change it otherwise abide by the rules. DO NOT ask for an interpretation or variation of the rules, otherwise we end up with a dog’s breakfast.
KIS follow the rules.

The rules state that a team entering the EDFL must start in the lowest division possible and work ( earn) their way up. Like every new team over the past x amount of years has done. Similar to the VAFA. If we do not like the rule, change it otherwise abide by the rules. DO NOT ask for an interpretation or variation of the rules, otherwise we end up with a dog’s breakfast.
KIS follow the rules.
I understand your point and don’t have an opinion either way but I guess as div1 currently has odd numbers it makes sense to put them into div1 to eliminate the bye. There is no rule either to allow the runners up to be promoted so I guess that’s a loophole to give them a pass into div1.

KIS follow the rules.
The player point system rules were brought in to even community football. If I took the 22 players from rupo last years grand final win and scattered across all the division 2 clubs- they would carry 88 points being 4 pts for each player. Yet if the whole club comes across they will be under 47 points. After winning a grand final in a higher division. Therefore, it already is a dogs breakfast if they go to division 2.

I understand your point and don’t have an opinion either way but I guess as div1 currently has odd numbers it makes sense to put them into div1 to eliminate the bye. There is no rule either to allow the runners up to be promoted so I guess that’s a loophole to give them a pass into div1.
Here’s a different view boys and girls. There’s obviously a spot to even up this Div and make it 10 teams, so what if the EDFL have already approached the Div 2s runners up and asked if they’re open to being promoted which would see Rupo go into div2? Would people be comfortable with that or more importantly if it was your club, would you want promotion without earning it?

Here’s a different view boys and girls. There’s obviously a spot to even up this Div and make it 10 teams, so what if the EDFL have already approached the Div 2s runners up and asked if they’re open to being promoted which would see Rupo go into div2? Would people be comfortable with that or more importantly if it was your club, would you want promotion without earning it?
This is the dilemma the EDFL want 10 in Div 1. Reward the runner up and not give a leg up to a club that hasn’t earnt it. If Rupertswood is as good as they say they will be in Div 1 in 2022.

This is the dilemma the EDFL want 10 in Div 1. Reward the runner up and not give a leg up to a club that hasn’t earnt it. If Rupertswood is as good as they say they will be in Div 1 in 2022.
That’s fair, if MV don’t want to go up then do Rupo go straight into Div1.

Either way Div 1 should have 10 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back