EDFL Premier Discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s the afl vic transfer of teams policy not edfl policy. All clubs need to vote. Email being sent out tomorrow according to mr Kyte

Same happened with the failed St Bernard’s bid to join back in 2017or 2018

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Yea Since last night I’ve heard edfl board approved, now has to go through the motions I guess

His not an Abers person Silver all deflecting mate. The poster has reappeared after a bit of time away under a new name as can tell by the language used. You will see what I mean but I’m happy to PM you. Regarding Bongetti I will only say that I heard he was very well liked and popular by players and others at EK so it definitely created a bit of chat around the league.
It’s pretty quite footy wise to be honest
Yea Since last night I’ve heard edfl board approved, now has to go through the motions I guess

Nothing like jumping the gun. Let’s see what happens. Does anyone in here actually know the process/steps from here.

Nothing like jumping the gun. Let’s see what happens. Does anyone in here actually know the process/steps from here.

I think it’s pretty clear that no one in this forum has any idea on the process. All the info we have is “I’ve heard” this and “I’m hearing it’s done” but nothing actually based on too many facts.

If the EDFL gets this through against club wishes then Ian Kyte will have really left his legacy on this completion. Forget about keeping your current affiliates happy and sustainable just bring in 2 more clubs that will blatantly cheat and have a low priority on junior development.

Can anyone in this forum or from the WRFL give me some positives that DP or SA would bring to the EDFL to make it a better competition ?

I think it’s pretty clear that no one in this forum has any idea on the process. All the info we have is “I’ve heard” this and “I’m hearing it’s done” but nothing actually based on too many facts.

If the EDFL gets this through against club wishes then Ian Kyte will have really left his legacy on this completion. Forget about keeping your current affiliates happy and sustainable just bring in 2 more clubs that will blatantly cheat and have a low priority on junior development.

Can anyone in this forum or from the WRFL give me some positives that DP or SA would bring to the EDFL to make it a better competition ?

DP is nowhere near the DP of old. If they were I would of loved to see the best teams go at it. But they would be lucky to be mid table in Prem now.

Barely mid table in WRFL let alone edfl.

DP is nowhere near the DP of old. If they were I would of loved to see the best teams go at it. But they would be lucky to be mid table in Prem now.

Barely mid table in WRFL let alone edfl.

They are still paying a coach $50k and a playing list worth minimum $250k+, whilst I agree they would pose no threat to the top 4 in Premier they will make a mess of div.1.

They are still paying a coach $50k and a playing list worth minimum $250k+, whilst I agree they would pose no threat to the top 4 in Premier they will make a mess of div.1.

I agree they will belt Div 1 all over the place.

They should be Premier and St Albans should be Div 1 if they are also coming over.

Agreeed will make a mockery of Div 1

Anyone want to copy it for those that don’t subscribe

Here you go mate

75b415831bc538455ada7cc64f8f68d4.jpg
304756af2a51960c3334f320c5cff8c7.jpg
f1828f1a463446d7fe3b8166c0289542.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

DP have made a real mess of their club the last 5 years , instead of paying 500k to players each year, they should’ve put their money into developing their juniors ie getting good coaches in (maybe some of their ex afl recruits) which would help recruit players.

St Albans will be in Div 1 for a long long time

DP have made a real mess of their club the last 5 years , instead of paying 500k to players each year, they should’ve put their money into developing their juniors ie getting good coaches in (maybe some of their ex afl recruits) which would help recruit players.

St Albans will be in Div 1 for a long long time
Have you been for a drive to DP lately. Not a demographic that has lots of kids running around....

I read the constitution the other day and there is nothing in there that says clubs vote.
It does say it’s up to the board to decide who and what number of teams make up each division
View attachment 1521705

Find that really strange. In my league (EFNL) there’s a specific procedure for clubs wanting to join - has to go to a special meeting to be voted on within 30 days.

Leagues do have different by laws. Not all require a club vote, for some the Board has the power to admit new clubs.

Why does everyone on this chat care about Deer Park or St Albans, the top clubs in premier would beat both those clubs.
It seems that everyone is cheating but the club each person supports. Who cares what clubs are doing. Strathmore Abers Keilor Pascoe Vale and probably East Keilor & Marby wouldn’t care less.
Why don’t people enjoy local footy and stop bitching.
What a bullshit chat. Let’s see who is good enough to beat those top 4 I reckon.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back